Putin Interview Did you watch?

This wasn't a debate, it was an interview.

Putin got exposed as a bullshitter, pure and simple. That he wrapped it up in questionable interpretations of history just shows he is a well educated bullshitter.
No more or less of a bullshitter compared to George W. Bush

Former KGB, those guys are usually pretty slick.

And as long as you understand that you can see right through them.

Waiting for a good written transcript before I comment on his use of history to justify his desire for the new Grand Russian Empire.

One thing I am sure of, he is just waiting for a big win like getting Ukraine to knuckle under before he tries to go the Empire route.
There is no grand Russian Empire idea. The idea that they’re gonna go after Poland or Germany Just doesn’t make sense.

Thank you.... again for an actual response.

I don't know if I would call it "splendid", in fact I know I wouldn't.
Not all that important really on our different perceptions.
Like I said in the opening, it is difficult to watch because it is pretty impossible to interview someone who has absolute power in his realm,
It appeared that Tucker was given the opportunity to ask more questions and he declined.
or near that. It is one thing to interview this man somewhere other than Russia, and interviewing him in Russia.
It's always possible that Tucker was forced to ask only specific questions, but if so then he will say so.
Where you are 100% controlled. In Carlson's "reaction" video, he says he is making it while "waiting for their car to arrive"... clearly having no idea when it was coming because the Putin government wasn't about to let him get his own transportation.
Possibly true but I don't see how that should be relevant?
A person would be a fool to challenge Putin, and be argumentative to him - in Russia.
Tucker can enlighten us on whether or not he was intimidated into asking only approved questions. I tend to think he wasn't but I could be wrong.
That would be very foolish. And all this false bravada you see from others commenting here -
I'm not sure what you're trying to say?
they would be pissing in their pants in the same circumstances.
I take it you're suggestiing that Trucker was intimidated and was afraid to ask some questions. FWIW, I think he asked the right questions and was given honest and correct answers. That in regard to what everybody knew already on Russia not starting the war.

So I think it was splendidly enlightening.

Interesting answers from Putin when he was questioned on whether he could talk and make some progress with Trump. I see some positive hope in that, even though Putin didn't spell it out completely.

edit: The conspicuous silence on this board is deafening so far.

Last edited:
GF2m5GgWwAENItI.jpg

I notice you left out the Baltics.
I’ll include all countries of the world …Russia doesn’t have any more interest in those countries compared to America, having an interest in taking over Iran or making it a proxy like we did with Iraq or South Korea

I remember George W. Bush saying he had a plan to go into Korea and Iran. The so-called axis of evil.

I see a lot of criticism of Russia as American exceptionalism….. It’s misguided, because there is zero chance of Russia invading America

I’ll include all countries of the world …Russia doesn’t have any more interest in those countries compared to America, having an interest in taking over Iran or making it a proxy like we did with Iraq or South Korea

I remember George W. Bush saying he had a plan to go into Korea and Iran. The so-called axis of evil.

I see a lot of criticism of Russia as American exceptionalism….. It’s misguided, because there is zero chance of Russia invading America

The Russians want the Baltics back. Putin won't stop with Ukraine.

The Russians want the Baltics back. Putin won't stop with Ukraine.
We don’t know that anymore than when American leaders said that they were interested in going after N Korea and Iran

American exceptionalism is not the way forward here because Russia has no intention or really desire to invade the United States.

Interesting answers from Putin when he was questioned on whether he could talk and make some progress with Trump. I see some positive hope in that, even though Putin didn't spell it out completely.

edit: The conspicuous silence on this board is deafening so far.
I think it is mostly due to two things:
1) The left media instructed them to not like Tucker Carlson... so they dutifully won't watch it.
2) It is VERY long. When Tucket breaks parts of it down into smaller videos, I believe it will get more views.

My advice -
Skip the first 30 minutes where Putin does the weird large group lecture on Russian history

I think it is mostly due to two things:
1) The left media instructed them to not like Tucker Carlson... so they dutifully won't watch it.
2) It is VERY long. When Tucket breaks parts of it down into smaller videos, I believe it will get more views.

My advice -
Skip the first 30 minutes where Putin does the weird large group lecture on Russian history
Your advice is fine for Americans who are aware of the history lesson, but there are none.

The true facts are out but America is already set on its course of war. Very little will be talked about. It still gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to know that anybody who wants to know can do so.

Did you watch the interview?
What was your take on things after watching it?

What did you think was right, wrong, or indifferent?

If you haven't seen it....

I watched the interview on RT. Western media has conducted interviews with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Some notable examples include interviews with American journalist Megyn Kelly, British journalist Jeremy Paxman, and American journalist Charlie Rose. These interviews have covered a wide range of topics, including US-Russia relations, the conflict in Ukraine, and Putin's domestic policies.

There are several reasons why Western media outlets may have a negative view of Vladimir Putin.

1. Authoritarianism: Putin has been criticized for his increasingly authoritarian style of governance and his crackdown on political opposition and independent media in Russia. This has led to concerns about the state of democracy and human rights in the country.

2. Ukraine and Crimea: Putin's annexation of Crimea in 2014 and his alleged support for separatist movements in eastern Ukraine have been strongly condemned by Western governments and media outlets.

3. Syria and the Middle East: Russia's military intervention in Syria in support of the Assad regime has drawn criticism from Western countries, who see it as exacerbating the conflict and causing civilian casualties.

4. Alleged interference in Western democracies: There have been allegations of Russian meddling in the democratic processes of Western countries, including the United States and various European countries. This has led to increased scrutiny and criticism of Putin and his government.

5. Human rights abuses: Putin's government has been accused of human rights abuses, including the persecution of LGBTQ individuals, political dissidents, and journalists. This has contributed to a negative perception of Putin in the West.

Also,there have been several interviews with the China's leader, Xi Jinping, conducted by Western media outlets. For example, Xi Jinping spoke with the Wall Street Journal in 2015, the Washington Post in 2015, and CNN in 2017. However, interviews with Xi Jinping are relatively rare, as he is known to be selective about engaging with foreign media. Who could be the next interviewer? :)

Did you watch the interview?
What was your take on things after watching it?

What did you think was right, wrong, or indifferent?

If you haven't seen it....

I loved it all for the most part.he told the facts how corrupt our government is always trying to start wars with other countries when discussing NATO. :thup: The only part I did not like and stopped listening to st that point is with about 20 minutes left he talked about bush in a good way leaving how how demonic and evil he is.:mad: Other than that part I loved the interview.

Putin used the opportunity very wisely. It's not just Americans who will learn the truth from this.

And surprise, Carlson proved himself to be America's greatest journalist.

Scott Ritter does a short critique of it that's true to the mark. Basically, the milk has been spilt for America's hate propagandists and it can't be put back in the bottle. That's what makes Carlson unarguably great!

If you believe Putin then here's the pills you need to swallow.

Forum List

Back