Q1 2019 watch - if under 3.0% - where is Trump’s economic miracle - can Trump beat O’s 2.9% ever?

Ha ha, fucking progs, I just don't get it. Polls aint worth a fuck to begin with. Combine that with approx. half those polled are conservatives or Demonicrats, go figure 50% of the dumb-shits polled thank O'bummer for Trump's achievements.
That and consider progs are most vocal, as they project and entertain a victim role. They're also bent over by media.
Polls aren't perfect, but they're fairly accurate. For example, they predicted a slim winning margin for Hillary in 2016, and that's what happened.

Talk radio isn't honest. It presents a distorted, terribly biased view of reality, creating its own little world of people who swallow what it's selling.

WTH_Progs?, post: 22707978
Yeah try again, the link doesn't show 2016. You lying dude?

Why are you lying? TrumpO was elected in 2016 and that is when your propagandIst admits the surge in manufacturing jobs started.

You can’t be so stupid to not get that referring to an event that took place in.2016 means the numbers 2 0 1 6 need not be typed in as well.

That is too stupid even for you. So guilty of lying you are today.

When I say you are lying today - your brain automatically associates the word “today” with the current year. I don’t have to type in the numbers for normal readers’ brains to comprehend the year something happened..

TRFjr, post: 22706103
what utter bull crap you have to take Obama best year out of 8 and compare it to two years of Trump

You are a complete moron. Comparing best year to best year is based on TrumpO insisting we compare best single year to best single year.
So I did.

But you are a complete and utter moron beyond that. Obama set the pace for us to be living through the longest economic recovery and expansion in US history m

But every expansion has its share of downs.

So since TrumpO cut taxes in December 2017 to stimulate a high employment economy he got his GDP surge to hit in 2018 and came in at 2.9.

So you need to try to understand that comparing the single best of all seven recovery years under Obama to only TrumpO’s highly ‘stimulated year in 2018 is an advantage for TrumpO because his economic downturn has begun.

• Latest forecast: 1.4 percent — July 10, 2019 The GDPNow model estimate for real GDP growth (seasonally adjusted annual rate) in the second quarter of 2019 is 1.4 percent on July 10, up from 1.3 percent on July 3.

And one outlook for the rest of the year is not pointing to TrumpO’s promises of 4.0% GDP and higher becoming reality any time soon.

• After achieving 2.9 percent growth in 2018 — tied with 2015 for the strongest year of growth of the current business cycle — the U.S. economy expanded at a healthy 3.1% pace in the first quarter, exceeding expectations. However, trade frictions are undoubtedly contributing to the softness in the U.S. manufacturing sector, which continued to struggle in Q2 and does not appear to be on the verge of a rebound. Though domestic oil production has been a key bright spot for the U.S. economy and the increasingly dovish Federal Reserve has helped buoy financial markets, there are several risk factors that merit close attention for the rest of the year. Risks include the efficacy of China’s efforts to stimulate its economy, the divergence between small- and big-business optimism, and the potential for a protracted slowdown in consumer spending later this year. 2019 U.S. Economic Outlook Q3 Update Forecasts 3.9% Expansion in Equipment and Software Investment and 2.5% GDP Growth

Have I cleared that up for you.

so why couldn't Obama have a booming economy with 0.25 rate
all you doing with your bashing of Trumps economy is you bashing Obama worse

Because Obama was terrible, second worst POTUS ever, in my opinion. You are just one more mindless Trump minion that assumes because I do not worship Trump that I must love Obama. This will likely be a shock to your system, but there are those of us who do not like either one.

easyt65, post: 22164622,
Trump has accomplished economic and employment successes not seen in decades and accomplished more in 2 years than Obama did in 8...

There are two parts to your opinion.

#1 economic successes

#2 employment successes

Single year GDP growth is in my opinion the very best measure of (#1 economic success) and it was the measurement TrumpO himself used to define Obama’s economy as weak.
So when you say Trump has accomplished economic successes not seen in decades, just exactly what in the hell are you blabbing about - calling people snowflakes and shit.

TumpO’s 2.9% single year high (TrumpO’s measure not mine) in 2018 is tied with Obama’s in 2015.
So your opinion regarding (#1 economic success) that TrumpO “accomplished more in 2 years than Obama did in 8” is not tied to objective facts or reality. It is your weak and feeble minded subjugation to TtumpO’s ceaseless style of self glorifying propaganda.

Obama slaughters TrumpO on (#2 employment successes) by reducing unemployment from 10 to under 5 giving TrumpO a much larger workforce to deal with at the start of his first term. That’s not even a contest just so you know. TrumpO continued well but that’s it. Your hype is unfounded.

TRFjr, post: 22706103
what utter bull crap you have to take Obama best year out of 8 and compare it to two years of Trump

You are a complete moron. Comparing best year to best year is based on TrumpO insisting we compare best single year to best single year.
So I did.

But you are a complete and utter moron beyond that. Obama set the pace for us to be living through the longest economic recovery and expansion in US history m

But every expansion has its share of downs.

So since TrumpO cut taxes in December 2017 to stimulate a high employment economy he got his GDP surge to hit in 2018 and came in at 2.9.

So you need to try to understand that comparing the single best of all seven recovery years under Obama to only TrumpO’s highly ‘stimulated year in 2018 is an advantage for TrumpO because his economic downturn has begun.

• Latest forecast: 1.4 percent — July 10, 2019 The GDPNow model estimate for real GDP growth (seasonally adjusted annual rate) in the second quarter of 2019 is 1.4 percent on July 10, up from 1.3 percent on July 3.

And one outlook for the rest of the year is not pointing to TrumpO’s promises of 4.0% GDP and higher becoming reality any time soon.

• After achieving 2.9 percent growth in 2018 — tied with 2015 for the strongest year of growth of the current business cycle — the U.S. economy expanded at a healthy 3.1% pace in the first quarter, exceeding expectations. However, trade frictions are undoubtedly contributing to the softness in the U.S. manufacturing sector, which continued to struggle in Q2 and does not appear to be on the verge of a rebound. Though domestic oil production has been a key bright spot for the U.S. economy and the increasingly dovish Federal Reserve has helped buoy financial markets, there are several risk factors that merit close attention for the rest of the year. Risks include the efficacy of China’s efforts to stimulate its economy, the divergence between small- and big-business optimism, and the potential for a protracted slowdown in consumer spending later this year. 2019 U.S. Economic Outlook Q3 Update Forecasts 3.9% Expansion in Equipment and Software Investment and 2.5% GDP Growth

Have I cleared that up for you.[/QUOTE]
Obama had next to 0 fed interest rate highest it was under Obama was 0.5 never reached a full number and the best he could do with that unprecedented low interest rates was 2.9 GDP
Trump was able to tie that after two years with an interest rate increased ten times higher then Obama had

Fed-600x481.jpg

Obamas economic growth was the worst by any president in 70 years

Yes, this is the slowest U.S. recovery since WWII

161004164148-us-slow-recovery-chart-780x439.jpg

Yes, this is the slowest U.S. recovery since WWII

Even CNN had to admit that fact

Last edited:

Because Obama was terrible, second worst POTUS ever, in my opinion. You are just one more mindless Trump minion that assumes because I do not worship Trump that I must love Obama. This will likely be a shock to your system, but there are those of us who do not like either one.

Then on the other hand there’s me being of the opinion that both TrumpO and Obama are equals on an economy which is the longest expansion, since the start in JULY 2009, in US HIstory.

I commend both President’s on the economy and hope this 2.5% GDP growth spree goes on and on and on,

I hope the TrumpOroids will begin to see the truth based on hard economic data instead of emotional tribal hysteria and give up this wholly bogus fake reality that TrumpO is the greatest and Obama was the weakest. That’s bullshit and nothing else.,

Then on the other hand there’s me being of the opinion that both TrumpO and Obama are equals on an economy which is the longest expansion, since the start in JULY 2009, in US HIstory.

I commend both President’s on the economy and hope this 2.5% GDP growth spree goes on and on and on,

I hope the TrumpOroids will begin to see the truth based on hard economic data instead of emotional tribal hysteria and give up this wholly bogus fake reality that TrumpO is the greatest and Obama was the weakest. That’s bullshit and nothing else.,
what you refuse to do is put any of that in context

Obama highest GDP was 2.9 after 8 years with an interest rate less then 1 the whole time

Trump best after two years was 2.9 yes tied with Obama but he did so in two years with an interest rate of 2.5 ten times higher

what your doing is the equivalent of comparing best marathon times which one runner (Obama) ran down hill for 8 races and took his best time and compared it to a runner (Trump) that was forced to run up hill for two races compared the two then make the false dishonest claim they are equal runners

you can try to cherry pick Obama numbers all the hell you want but it will never change the bottom line that Obama had the worst economic growth by any president in over 70 years and third from the bottom in history

Obama highest GDP was 2.9 after 8 years with an interest rate less then 1 the whole time

Trump best after two years was 2.9 yes tied with Obama but he did so in two years with an interest rate of 2.5 ten times higher

what your doing is the equivalent of comparing best marathon times which one runner (Obama) ran down hill for 8 races and took his best time and compared it to a runner (Trump) that was forced to run up hill for two races compared the two then make the false dishonest claim they are equal runners

you can try to cherry pick Obama numbers all the hell you want but it will never change the bottom line that Obama had the worst economic growth by any president in over 70 years and third from the bottom in history

And Trump has been only marginally better, and this year will be worse than last...yet the only thing you can do is compare him to Obama...what does that say about your god in the White House?

2.9 GDP
Trump was able to tie that after two years with an interest rate increased ten times higher then Obama had

Keep going on about the rate. But TrumpO was seven years removed from the Great Bush Recession and a couple years removed from severe unemployment when taking office.

More Americans getting paychecks contributes to high GDP.

And TrumpO had to know where the rate was going and needs to go in good economic times when his administration set this goal.

• "To get the economy back on track, President Trump has outlined a bold plan to create 25 million new American jobs in the next decade and return to 4 percent annual economic growth," reads the White House site. The 4% GDP promise is one that Trump has made before, but now it is the official promise of the White House and the president. Trump is officially making an economic promise that will be nearly impossible to keep

His bold plan including the deficit increasing tax cuts are not working and the TrumpO cultists are now blaming the Fed.

You are whining about Obama having a good rate without relating it to the size of the workforce and under consideration of other growth inhibiting factors such as Europe stuck in recession during much of Obama’s term,

So whine about the Fed all you want. The fact TRUMPO says 2.9 is weak and that’s all he could do with the very decent hand he drew is the reality you need to acknowledge or rensin duped.

Last edited:

And Trump has been only marginally better, and this year will be worse than last...yet the only thing you can do is compare him to Obama...what does that say about your god in the White House?
better with an interest rate of 2.5% compared to Obama 0.25 Trump had ten times the interest rate as Obama
thats equivalent as comparing runners times which one runner ran down hill and the other had to run up hill its just dishonest bull crap but I wouldnt expect anything different from an Obama worshiping Trump deranged liberal

2.9 GDP

Keep going on about the rate. But TrumpO was seven years removed from the Great Bush Recession and a couple years removed from severe unemployment when taking office.

More Americans getting paychecks contributes to high GDP.

And TrumpO had to know where the rate was going and needs to go in good economic times when his administration set this goal.

• "To get the economy back on track, President Trump has outlined a bold plan to create 25 million new American jobs in the next decade and return to 4 percent annual economic growth," reads the White House site. The 4% GDP promise is one that Trump has made before, but now it is the official promise of the White House and the president. Trump is officially making an economic promise that will be nearly impossible to keep

His bold plan including the deficit increasing tax cuts are not working and the TrumpO cultists are now blaming the Fed.

You are whining about Obama having a good rate without relating it to the size of the workforce and under consideration of other growth inhibiting factors such as Europe stuck in recession during much of Obama’s term,

So whine about the Fed all you want. The fact TRUMPO says 2.9 is weak and that’s all he could do with the very decent hand he drew is the reality you need to acknowledge or rensin duped.
and I will say again you can cherry pick Obamas numbers all the hell you want but it will never change the fact that Obama had the worst economic growth by any president in over 70 years and third from the bottom in all of our history those are the facts

and I will continue to repeat those facts and rub your nose in it

and I will say again you can cherry pick Obamas numbers

You owe me an explanation as to what numbers you think are cherry picked.

2.9% GDP 2015 is the exactly rather same as 2. M9% GDP in 2018.

Why do you think one is higher than the other.

ILMAO @ picking Obama's best years to compare with Trump. Especially when Obama had more room for growth under lower interest rates.

Ha ha, fucking progs, I just don't get it. Polls aint worth a fuck to begin with. Combine that with approx. half those polled are conservatives or Demonicrats, go figure 50% of the dumb-shits polled thank O'bummer for Trump's achievements.
That and consider progs are most vocal, as they project and entertain a victim role. They're also bent over by media.
Polls aren't perfect, but they're fairly accurate. For example, they predicted a slim winning margin for Hillary in 2016, and that's what happened.

Talk radio isn't honest. It presents a distorted, terribly biased view of reality, creating its own little world of people who swallow what it's selling.

Congratulations on Hillary Clinton's win.

better with an interest rate of 2.5% compared to Obama 0.25 Trump had ten times the interest rate as Obama

If you must select a variable to make excuses for TrumpO’s inability to do better than Obama on single year GDP and the failure of his tax cuts to produce GDP above 2.9 then you have to look at all of the including the ones that suppressed GDP when Obama. You have to look at all of them.

Why don’t you.

TrumpO had a much larger workforce for example, more Americans with the ability to purchase stuff.

Congratulations on Hillary Clinton's win.
Just pointing out facts. Not fake news.

Here’s the record thru 2018:
View attachment 254781

U.S. - GDP growth by year 1990-2017 | Statista

Trump and Obama are tied a 2.9 Best full year of GDP growth.

Do you think Trump’s Q1 this year will break the tie and boost Trump to 3.0 or more?

Do you believe Trump will ever get a full year of GDP growth this high?

View attachment 254787

Some experts - The liberal fake news WSJ is forecasting 1.4% for Q1.

Trump supporters tell us your forecast?

What happens if Trump’s third year ends (GDP-wise) anywhere below Obama’s 2.9% in 2015?

According to Trump 2.9 is anemic and weak.

"Obama is the first president in modern history not to have a single year of 3 percent growth," Trump said during an Oct. 28 campaign rally in Manchester, N.H.

Trump's claim about Obama's weak economic growth is limited

Do you think Trump will be the second president in modern history not to have a single year of 3 percent growth,"

What does an “anemic” Trump do for Obama’s legacy?
  • Moving forward, there are reasons to believe that growth will continue to be slower than was originally hoped. Annual U.S. GDP growth exceeding 3.0 percent, as experienced in the mid- to late 1990s and mid-2000s, is not expected to be attainable over the coming decade.
The U.S. economy to 2022: settling into a new normal : Monthly Labor Review: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Are we settling into a new normal that is not so horrible without 3% sustained GDP growth?

and will remind you Obama had next to 0% fed interest rates 0.25% to be exact and only could get to 2.9%
Trump got to 2.9 with 2.5% interest ten times higher then Obama
The same is true about you. You want to lower Obama's numbers by saddling him with the negative GDP he was handed by his predecessor. And 2.5% interest is still very low.

fed-funds-rate-historical-chart.png

Golfing Gator, post: 22696041
I believe that the data comes from multiple disparate sources and that the BEA gathers them and provides the report in a timely enough manner.

Of course it does. And the NOWCAST I posted does exactly the same to produce timely and early forecasts.

The forecast at rhe end of Q2 is now at 1.4. I have not declared it to be the official final number nor do they.

But because it is at 1.4 and will become official thereabouts, I can say with great confidence that TrumpO will be the second president in US history never to have a single year GDP hugher than 3.0. He is tied with Obama’s highest single year at 2.9.

All things considered on the economy when comparing TrumoO’s two years to Obama's final seven years there is no significant difference between the two president’s policy effect on the economy.

If the current NOWCAST was sitting at 4.0 or hugher for Q2 2019 I couid not be confident saying TrumpO will not finish his first term with a single year GDP above 3.0 and thus keeping his word and doing better than Obama.
On top of that, I am absolutely positive that TrumpO will never see a single year at 4.O or higher. So if you are scoring presidents for hype and bullshit claims of fake greatness TrumpO is the winner of that.

You criticize forecasts based on science and real economic data but say nothing about the idiot goon in the White House making crazy forecasts about his greatness to be. Not even close to being greater than Obama on the economy and therefore nothing else.

Obama never disgraced the Presidency with such shameful, irresponsible self glory and hyie.

So on the style and character score we must rate Obama on that aspect for the economy much higher than TrumpO although the growth numbers are virtually the same so far.
Trump was able to reach 2.9% with a 2.5 interest rate ten times higher then when Obama reached his 2.9%
That's not true. The rate wasn't raised to 2.5% until December 19th, 2018, with less than 2 weeks left in the year. 2018 opened with the federal fund rate at 1.5%. So it's false to claim Trump reached 2.9% with a rate 10 times higher than Obama did. Who knows from where you get that crazy information?

Oh, and trump cut taxes and could do no better than Obama did in 2015 with higher taxes.

bripat9643, post: 22696982
Repealing government regulations has a big effect on the economy, and he started doing that the day after his inauguration.

Name a big one that would have had an immediate effect on the economy.

Don't ask questions you don't want answered. Two Huge Effects Of Trump's Economic Policies: Jobs Surge In Both Manufacturing And Low Tax States
"Obama took over a losing baseball team high on talent. He brought them to nearly a playoff team, Trump took over and they won the championship."

Which is why about half of those polled, don't credit trump with the economy. You can't make the championship game unless you make the playoffs.

ILMAO @ "half those polled".
What a pity you have no actual rebuttal. :dunno:

LOLOL

Wut?? You don't believe in polls? Yet here you are, boasting about one...

POLL UPDATE:

Trump is winning with 76% of the total polled. That's the thing with Trump, he always seems to be a step ahead in the game, and at times he doesn't even have to try.

Next closest is Gabbard, with 16% of the total polled.

Thanks for giving up so easy by demonstrating your only answer to polls you don't like is to feign apathy about them.

:dance:

Prog-projection using wrong terms. You might look up "boasting". And you lack critical application. That quote comes from a poll I prepared. I rubbed in the results with an "update". Some might call it trolling. Nice try though, you just came up short is all. Compare and contrast that poll to "controlled" polling influenced by agenda driven questions and targeted areas. That and your point would fail to prove I take stock in polling.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/who-is-winning-the-debates-so-far.763834/page-7#post-22617849
LOL

Actually, your poll, with a MoE of about 99, is far less accurate than the poll you were bashing. Still, you prove you only like polls when they produce the numbers you like.

Forum List

Back