Qanon shaman...likely to get a new trial considering the government withheld video evidence from the defense....

It looks like that to you. But of course, you still haven't presented any evidence prosecutors had possession of Tucker's videos at the time BuffaloHead pled guilty.
Yes, it's clear they are admitting they didn't turn it over. I am not denying that the Dems on the Jan 6th "committee" likely hide the tapes from even the DOJ, but that doesn't matter....it's iin the Govts position, Brady still applies.

“The United States does not know the extent of any material that a member of the legislative branch purportedly provided to other individuals,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Sean McCauley wrote in a court filing connected to prominent Jan. 6 defendant Ryan Nichols. “This Court should not commit to an indefinite trial extension for this Defendant, or for any defendants, based on the unsupported allegation that pertinent information may exist somewhere, but is not currently known to either the prosecution or the defense.”

- they are clearly admitting they did not get the video to turn over, that it came from Congresss

Thanks for confirming prosecutors didn't have possession of these videos when BuffaloHead pleaded guilty.

So there goes any claims of Brady violations.

Not that it mattered much since the videos, which only further display BuffaloHead breaking the law to which he pled guilty, would not have helped his case.

I despise you because all you do is regurgitate leftist tropes without thinking even once.

Good for him.

I think for myself far more than you do. I doubt you don't have 1 position that isn't hard left.
Its just filling up space with nonsense like most lefties.

of course we know they didn’t…the defense has said they didn’t

All the defense said was they never got these videos. Assuming they're being truthful, they wouldn't have gotten them if the DoJ had not yet obtained them at that time. That's not a violation of Brady.

Thanks for confirming prosecutors didn't have possession of these videos when BuffaloHead pleaded guilty.

So there goes any claims of Brady violations.

Not that it mattered much since the videos, which only further display BuffaloHead breaking the law to which he pled guilty, would not have helped his case.
hhaha that's not the way it works....while hte DOJ might not of had it, the Govt nonetheless did, and thus is deemed to be in their position. The fact that corrupt Dems on the Committee hide the stuff doesn't mean it's not a violation of Brady

All the defense said was they never got these videos. Assuming they're being truthful, they wouldn't have gotten them if the DoJ had not yet obtained them at that time. That's not a violation of Brady.
wrong. Corrupt Govt agents don't get to hide things....

hahaha Brady evidence has to be turned over regardless of if there is a trial or not. He might not of taken a plea deal had the Govt not violated his Due Process rights.

You admitted they didn't have that video. They can't turn over something they didn't have.

No, I',m giving you my opinion of the known information, not denying it out of hand because it doesn't fit my small SJW worldview.
But you don't know the information, or at least you don't know a lot of the relevant information which is being kept from you.

Fact is that the DoJ was in the process of producing mountains of evidence for the defense who decided to take a plea deal. They had tons of video from the events of that day, the DoJ listed them in their court filings. If the defense actually wanted to have these videos before taking a plea deal, they could have waited for them to be produced. The DoJ didn't make them take the deal at that time.

The fact is that Chansley was screwed no matter what. He would have easily been convicted in court.

Your worldview is a lot smaller than me given you're too paranoid to listen to all possible sides and too lazy to look up information for yourself.

But you don't know the information, or at least you don't know a lot of the relevant information which is being kept from you.

Fact is that the DoJ was in the process of producing mountains of evidence for the defense who decided to take a plea deal. They had tons of video from the events of that day, the DoJ listed them in their court filings. If the defense actually wanted to have these videos before taking a plea deal, they could have waited for them to be produced. The DoJ didn't make them take the deal at that time.

The fact is that Chansley was screwed no matter what. He would have easily been convicted in court.

Your worldview is a lot smaller than me given you're too paranoid to listen to all possible sides and too lazy to look up information for yourself.

Wait while your client is being held without bail for a non-violent crime?

Part of the plea was no appeal except for new evidence, and this might cover that.

All he can appeal for at this time, if he's allowed to appeal at all, is to withdraw his guilty plea and dismiss the case with prejudice. If his guilty plea is withdrawn, there's no guarantee the judge will dismiss the case. If prosecutors can show they obtained these videos AFTER he pled guilty, there's no chance in hell the judge will dismiss the case with prejudice. Should that happen, prosecutors will refile the case with all 6 charges. And his plea deal for 41 months will be gone. Then he'll be facing the 20 year maximum sentence on that one charge alone.

Meanwhile, he has 15 months left to serve. I know he's crazy, but I can't imagine his attorney is crazy enough to risk that.

No, that is ignoring the question of why they were held without bail if you are all saying they were charged with non violent crimes.
The question about him being held without bail were addressed in court. The judge heard the arguments from both sides and decided he should remain in jail

He was not deprived of due process.

All he can appeal for at this time, if he's allowed to appeal at all, is to withdraw his guilty plea and dismiss the case with prejudice. If his guilty plea is withdrawn, there's no guarantee the judge will dismiss the case. If prosecutors can show they obtained these videos AFTER he pled guilty, there's no chance in hell the judge will dismiss the case with prejudice. Should that happen, prosecutors will refile the case with all 6 charges. And his plea deal for 41 months will be gone. Then he'll be facing the 20 year maximum sentence on that one charge alone.

Meanwhile, he has 15 months left to serve. I know he's crazy, but I can't imagine his attorney is crazy enough to risk that.

And that's the problem when the political system is weaponized against those who the system doesn't like.

"So what if we broke the law and the Constitution? We can threaten our way out of it!!!"

The question about him being held without bail were addressed in court. The judge heard the arguments from both sides and decided he should remain in jail

He was not deprived of due process.

The judge is a deep state fucktard.

Forum List

Back