Question about carrying guns

best all around pistol if you have to worry about bears,wolves, and assholes

Glock 20 in 10 MM. no standard pistol on earth has as much firepower as a GLock 20 with a 15 round magazine of hot 10mm. The big SW revolvers shoot much heavier loads but they only hold 5 shots, are slow to reload, slow for follow up shots etc.

with a GLOCK 20 I can fire 15 accurate shots in less than 4 seconds and reload it in less than 2. in ten seconds 30 nasty bullets with the same velocity of the 41 magnum down range and on target-in the same amount of time you might get off with one of those 5 shot SW cannons.

I doubt there is any critter on earth that can take 30 hits from a 10MM magnum and be still moving

Actually, there are many...but few native to North America. (It would only piss off a cape buffalo...those will shrug off even BIG rifle rounds without a brain, shoulder, or spine hit.)

Personally...I'll take a Smith & Wesson Model 29.

Except that since he accidentally shot himself, it was pure chance that he didn't shoot anyone else.

Never mind carrying a loaded gun around with you. Clearly, there are some who should not be allowed out of their homes alone.

Did you miss the part in the specific incident where they said he might be charged with discharging the weapon in city limits?

As for 'MY' area, it is actually encouraged that you carry a loaded gun with you if are on the fringes of the city. It seems that grizzlies, blacks, wolves, and moose have very little consideration of the fact that they are a) within city limits where shooting a gun is 'illegal,' and b) their attempts to kill/attack a person are 'illegal' in all locations. It would be nice if we could reason with those animals and teach them to abide by our rules, and it is a shame that we cannot teach other humans to not act like those animals in disobeying our laws.

Probably not a lot of "grizzlies, blacks, wolves, and moose" on that campus.
:rolleyes-41:

Probably not a lot of "grizzlies, blacks, wolves, and moose" on that campus.
:rolleyes-41:

Likely not, though I would debate the presence of assholes as they are quite prevalent in all locals these days. But I digress...

To address your unrelated implication however, perhaps the professor had brought the weapon in so that he and his students could study the physics of bullets or some such.

Forum List

Back