Question for believers: Are we within God's jurisdiction?

Who has the ultimate right to speak the law?

• God

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Man

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
Give unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's and unto God the things that are God's

We are expected to follow laws UNLESS they go against God's Laws....then God's Laws are paramount

It really is laughable that you pretend to be a Cristian when you post such evil shit that would make Jesus flip out .
You know how Christ reacts. You must be a real Christian.

Did a stint at catholic school. I’m pretty versed on the Bible.

I don’t think JC would be cool with the typical right wing agenda if hating poor, immigrants , minorities, etc..

We are expected to follow laws UNLESS they go against God's Laws....then God's Laws are paramount

It really is laughable that you pretend to be a Cristian when you post such evil shit that would make Jesus flip out .

Yeah OK, tool. Now get on topic, your middle school crap is old

In fact "Timmy" it's high time you really did grow up, your child like behavior is sad

What ever floats you boat . You have to a answer to the big guy one day .

It amazes me how hate filled conservatives consider themsleves good Christian.

So do you little boy....you're so fugged

I’m first ballot heaven. Because I’m a good person .

I don’t think JC would be cool with the typical right wing agenda if hating poor, immigrants , minorities, etc..

Yeah moron...Jesus would embrace abortion, homosexuality, transgenderism? You're a damn liar you're not versed on anything but left tard indoctrination. Stupid fuck

In fact "Timmy" it's high time you really did grow up, your child like behavior is sad

Nope ....fast track on the highway to hell given your support of issues. You're not fooling any real Christian, little boy

Now cease bothering me, your allotted responses are used up

That particular passage does not make this point. Jesus was saying that the coin of the realm belonged to Caesar, which in a modern context would mean Federal Reserve Notes. I don't see how it can be interpreted to mean that "what is Caesar's" is your obedience to his claim to authority over you, unless you believe that you belong to government.

Pick your version, t's quite clear.

"New International Version
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

New Living Translation
Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.

English Standard Version
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

Berean Study Bible
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which is from God. The authorities that exist have been appointed by God.

Berean Literal Bible
Let every soul be subject to the authorities being above him. For there is no authority except by God; but those existing are having been instituted by God.

New American Standard Bible
Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.

King James Bible
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Romans 13:1

That particular passage does not make this point. Jesus was saying that the coin of the realm belonged to Caesar, which in a modern context would mean Federal Reserve Notes. I don't see how it can be interpreted to mean that "what is Caesar's" is your obedience to his claim to authority over you, unless you believe that you belong to government.

If man's law conflicts with God's law Christians follow God's law. It's paramount.

Thomas Jefferson once said "if a law us unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.

Look at it that way

Try Acts 5:29 also

Being "good" doesn't get you "in" kid.

Agreed. I think one could make a strong case that Jesus was an anarchist.

FIRST.jpg

FIRST.jpg

According to that meme He was talking to demoquacks

If man's law conflicts with God's law Christians follow God's law. It's paramount.

Thomas Jefferson once said "if a law us unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.

Look at it that way

I think many would agree, and yet the logical implications of this are largely ignored. How do you address the argument made in the opening post about one primary authority obviating all others, whether they agree or not?

Look at it that way

I think many would agree, and yet the logical implications of this are largely ignored. How do you address the argument made in the opening post about one primary authority obviating all others, whether they agree or not?

Pick your version, it's quite clear.

"New International Version
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

New Living Translation
Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.

English Standard Version
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

Berean Study Bible
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which is from God. The authorities that exist have been appointed by God.

Berean Literal Bible
Let every soul be subject to the authorities being above him. For there is no authority except by God; but those existing are having been instituted by God.

New American Standard Bible
Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.

King James Bible
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Romans 13:1

Look at it that way

IDK...I live my life as I explained, I follow laws but if one interferes or conflicts with God's laws I'll follow God's...as a Christian I have to

FIRST.jpg

According to that meme He was talking to demoquacks

Yes, but I think the implication is broader than the specific issue raised. It's about self-responsibility, but also suggests that there is an immorality inherent in coercive law, even for good works. Furthermore, the immorality-by-proxy of supporting a government that isn't just doing good works, but blatantly immoral things, is relevant as well.

Why is this in Politics?

Because it concerns the legitimacy of governmental authority. You can interpret God however you want, even as natural law.

No you can't, God defines Himself quite well in His Bible.

That's fine. I just mean that if a person chooses to view the topic of this thread as natural law vs. governmental authority, instead of biblical law, there's still a discussion to be had.

Forum List

Back