Question for BUTCH Gay Women

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
If you think women are so attractive, why do you want to look like a guy?

I guess this is really for the women ATTRACTED to the "butch" gay women.... still, very confusing!

The butch-femme thing is an old stereotype created and perpetuated by homophobic press. As the saying among gay men goes, "if I wanted a femme I'd be straight." The stereotype in the 70s was gay men were the effeminate sort who speak with a lisp and act more feminine than most women. But that's just a stereotype. Most gay men are hyper-masculine, hairy, 'gym queens.'

Same with women. Women attracted to other women are overwhelmingly hyper feminine. If they wanted 'butch' they'd be straight.

The butch-femme thing is an old stereotype created and perpetuated by homophobic press. As the saying among gay men goes, "if I wanted a femme I'd be straight." The stereotype in the 70s was gay men were the effeminate sort who speak with a lisp and act more feminine than most women. But that's just a stereotype. Most gay men are hyper-masculine, hairy, 'gym queens.'

Same with women. Women attracted to other women are overwhelmingly hyper feminine. If they wanted 'butch' they'd be straight.

I disagree.

Most lesbian women I see have super short hair, dress in manly type clothing etc.
I rarely see an ultra-feminine lesbian.
This is evidenced at a Melissa Etheridge concert.

I disagree.

Most lesbian women I see have super short hair, dress in manly type clothing etc.

We see what we want to see. Convince yourself people of a certain group are a certain way and that's what you'll see.

I'll be honest and say, women I find attractive look like this!

upload_2015-7-7_10-30-20.jpeg

I disagree.

We see what we want to see. Convince yourself people of a certain group are a certain way and that's what you'll see.

Ok so, about the ones that ARE butch, why still????

If you think women are so attractive, why do you want to look like a guy?

I have a dear friend who is lesbian. She is quite feminine and attractive. She only likes butch women and the more butch, the more she likes them.

The question though is why? She likes women that look like men? She has a fear of penis?

I've had a few friends that were butch, and I dont understand it. It got more confusing now because the butch girl found another butch girl and now they look like a gay guy couple...like huh?

I disagree.

That's because you associate those looks with homosexuality. If you saw a lesbian woman who was feminine and attractive you wouldn't automatically assume she's gay. Not a criticism, just an answer to your statement.

I disagree.

That's because you associate those looks with homosexuality. If you saw a lesbian woman who was feminine and attractive you wouldn't automatically assume she's gay. Not a criticism, just an answer to your statement.

It still doesn't answer why a woman that is attracted to women would be attracted to a woman that looks "manly"!?

A straight woman shouldn't be thinking about these things. :) Be like if I (using my go=to example of shoe fetishes) spent an inordinate amount of time wondering why people into shoes were into heels vs pumps and thinking long and hard on it. I"m not interested in shoes as a fetish consequently never spend much time thinking baout they why's and wherefore's of those that are. :)

A straight woman shouldn't be thinking about these things. :) Be like if I (using my go=to example of shoe fetishes) spent an inordinate amount of time wondering why people into shoes were into heels vs pumps and thinking long and hard on it. I"m not interested in shoes as a fetish consequently never spend much time thinking baout they why's and wherefore's of those that are. :)

Really? Says who? I'm just a curious person trying to understand .... wanna ask me a question? :)

Seems to me if you are attracted to a women that looks like a guy, you might be attracted to an actual guy!

Maybe they like the way guy looks, but not the way they "act" but then, that would be sterotyping?
Maybe they like the female body parts better. There HAS to be a reason!!!!

I've had a few friends that were butch, and I dont understand it. It got more confusing now because the butch girl found another butch girl and now they look like a gay guy couple...like huh?

THIS!!!! I'm not challenging, I just would like to understand the mind-set.....

Anyone can ask me anything I won't be offended! Why do others get all ruffled up about this stuff.. sheesh!

THIS!!!! I'm not challenging, I just would like to understand the mind-set.....

Anyone can ask me anything I won't be offended! Why do others get all ruffled up about this stuff.. sheesh!

Its like trying to understand an alien life form, they can explain it to you but we'll never "get it" because its just what they want.

The same butch girl told me she doesnt even like to be penetrated...She uses a dildo on her gf. That was fine when she had a gf that looked like a gf. But now they look like 2 thugged out guys and probably have to flip a coin to see who's going to be the bottom.

I shudder at the thought

Forum List

Back