Question for Gun Experts only.

In Vietnam I saw a VC that got shot by a 5.56 tangentially in his right elbow and the bullet traveled up his arm and exited on the left side of neck. Needless to say he did not survive the wound. His arm and neck looked looked like Gaige Grosskreutz's arm after Kyle Rittenhouse shot him but only a hundred times worse.

Don't let anybody fool you. 5.56 kills.

In Vietnam I saw a VC that got shot by a 5.56 tangentially in his right elbow and the bullet traveled up his arm and exited on the left side of neck. Needless to say he did not survive the wound. His arm and neck looked looked like Gaige Grosskreutz's arm after Kyle Rittenhouse shot him but only a hundred times worse.

Don't let anybody fool you. 5.56 kills.
But the shit we fired would turn everything into hamburger....so you couldn't make a decent steak out of that.

Sometimes a 22 makes a bigger hole exiting than an 308, and a 5.56mm is about the width of a 22....only going much faster.

But the shit we fired would turn everything into hamburger....so you couldn't make a decent steak out of that.

Sometimes a 22 makes a bigger hole exiting than an 308, and a 5.56mm is about the width of a 22....only going much faster.
A 7.62 FMJ would do great damage if it hit a vital organ. The same for a 5.56.

My (somewhat limited) experience seeing battlefield casualties in Vietnam is the M-193 fragmenting characteristics would do more damage in soft flesh than the FMJ 7.62. In some wounds the 7.62 would just pass on through soft flesh.

In any case I wouldn't want to get hit with either one.

A 7.62 FMJ would do great damage if it hit a vital organ. The same for a 5.56.

My (somewhat limited) experience seeing battlefield casualties in Vietnam is the M-193 fragmenting characteristics would do more damage in soft flesh than the FMJ 7.62. In some wounds the 7.62 would just pass on through soft flesh.

In any case I wouldn't want to get hit with either one.
You can die from being shot in the leg or an arm if you don't stop the bleeding.
That's what tickles me when I see an action star with a chest wound right below his clavicle and he's running around killing bad guys. Buddy of mine got shot there and died in 10 mins.

I'd set up steal targets or cheap liter bottles of soda pop.

Saw this video the other day of some kid throwing an axe at one of those exercise balls and it hit dead center handle first.
Bounced straight back and almost took off his ear.

Bowling balls are something you never want to shoot at, unless they're with a rifle and at least 50 yards away. If you hit them with a 9mm, it can bounce right back at you. I have some AR500 6" steel targets hanging from chains at 25 yards, and a 16" piece hanging up the hill at about 70 yards, that I shoot at now.

Bowling balls are something you never want to shoot at, unless they're with a rifle and at least 50 yards away. If you hit them with a 9mm, it can bounce right back at you. I have some AR500 6" steel targets hanging from chains at 25 yards, and a 16" piece hanging up the hill at about 70 yards, that I shoot at now.
We used to shoot bowling pins. Those are a bit harder to knock over than you'd think.
And when we shot pistols it was usually from inside 15 meters. Most of the time that's about how much free space you're going to have inside a building.
We tried to put the hole thru the last hole.
I liked steel targets for shotguns. Especially if they can be knocked over.
We'd also set up 4 targets at 15 meters and try to walk smoothly to the side while shooting. Try to put 2 in each target center mass.

Never shot a deer with rifle. Was not legal in my stare till recently. Never shot anything live with an AK but have seen a round go clear through a pretty good sized tree. That round would easily go through a body at a 100 yards especially if it did not hit bone. I have only ever taken large game with a bow. I am always duck hunting during gun season.

Never shot a deer with rifle. Was not legal in my stare till recently. Never shot anything live with an AK but have seen a round go clear through a pretty good sized tree. That round would easily go through a body at a 100 yards especially if it did not hit bone. I have only ever taken large game with a bow. I am always duck hunting during gun season.
I was shocked to discover that even an arrow will go all the way thru a deer if you're close enough using a compound bow.

I was shocked to discover that even an arrow will go all the way thru a deer if you're close enough using a compound bow.
They are a pretty effective way of hunting. You do not have the range of a gun but they have stopping power. Yes penetration is also surprising. Broad heads are expensive though. Many times after a duck trip my ears are ringing not the case on a bow hunt. Bows are quiet death.

They are a pretty effective way of hunting. You do not have the range of a gun but they have stopping power. Yes penetration is also surprising. Broad heads are expensive though. Many times after a duck trip my ears are ringing not the case on a bow hunt. Bows are quiet death.
Might want to wear a pair of plugs to deaden the sound.
These babies aren't heavy and they'll keep you from going deaf. They're easy to throw on when you get ready to shoot.

We had to wear plugs when we were shooting indoors.

31ih9KimodL._AC_.jpg

Is it possible for a round from an AK-47 to pass all the way through a person's body at 100 yards? I'm not a gun expert but everything I've read is that AK rounds are designed to disrupt but not pass through. The Arizona Rancher being charged with second degree murder of a Drug Cartel Guide is the situation related to my question.
Question for Gun Experts only + USMB gun nuts

Lmfao

Is it possible for a round from an AK-47 to pass all the way through a person's body at 100 yards? I'm not a gun expert but everything I've read is that AK rounds are designed to disrupt but not pass through. The Arizona Rancher being charged with second degree murder of a Drug Cartel Guide is the situation related to my question.
A FMJ round certainly could.

Forum List

Back