🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Question for Men: Feminine Women

In some cultures, it is customary for women to be covered from head to toe. In others, to be naked to the waist. It is entirely subjective.

View attachment 45288

I'm talking about most cultures here though. Most of them are quite similar to ourselves because it's a matter of practicality. Most people prefer clothing also because it would protect you from the elements as well as bugs and leering weirdos too. Lol.

And some have done and do cover more that the average western woman.

Again though, I'm talking about what you most commonly see. Aside from some religious extremists, most women aren't covering more than the average western woman, nor are they revealing more, except for maybe on the beaches in some countries, but they usually will always have their genitals covered, and that is not only for modesty purposes but also for practicality purposes. You don't really want to sit on the hot sand without any panties on, you know? :D

I'm just pointing out that these norms are quite mutable. I don't think that the society of 100+ years ago would find the average western woman of today to be sufficiently feminine, or at least sufficiently ladylike.

Nor would they find the average western man sufficiently manly due to his lack of practical skills, burps, farts, and Truck Nutz, notwithstanding.

Today: women are less feminine and men are MORE feminine.

Agree or disagree?

I don't think it is that clearcut. On average, I would say that both are more boyish.

I'm just pointing out that these norms are quite mutable. I don't think that the society of 100+ years ago would find the average western woman of today to be sufficiently feminine, or at least sufficiently ladylike.

Nor would they find the average western man sufficiently manly due to his lack of practical skills, burps, farts, and Truck Nutz, notwithstanding.

Agree or disagree?
Disagree.

women are more aggressive and assertive. Do you find that "unfeminine"
Men today are more passive - they do more womanly things (care for babies, go shopping etc.). Do you find that feminine?
What a load....I have severe problems cause I am not passive, I'm the one with the dangling modifier...
I have been a single parent twice and had to be both parents, which meant I did what was needed to raise the kids...

If you had met me, you would have made 3 bad decisions ;)

Most women wear makeup. That is just a fact. Even if you might not realize they are wearing some makeup, most are. :D It is rare that you see a woman without some kind of makeup on. Most of those you see without any makeup are usually not the "attractive" ones but the rather icky ones from my own experience.
The ones with make-up are just covering the icky

So, it is your contention that women who wear makeup are ugly and the ones who aren't wearing makeup are beautiful? Is that what you're saying?
It's more honest...not to wear make-up.....

That's my objection to it (and hair dyes.) It isn't honest. Sure it looks good, but since you don't look like that without it it's "false advertizing." :)

Depends on you agenda. If you want to look good enough to get laid. Or good enough to have a relationship.
If you need make-up to get laid, you must not have a pleasant personality.....high maint. women are not worth the time, money and effort....

Agree or disagree?
Disagree.

Men today are more passive - they do more womanly things (care for babies, go shopping etc.). Do you find that feminine?
What a load....I have severe problems cause I am not passive, I'm the one with the dangling modifier...
I have been a single parent twice and had to be both parents, which meant I did what was needed to raise the kids...

I've made more than three...

I'm talking about most cultures here though. Most of them are quite similar to ourselves because it's a matter of practicality. Most people prefer clothing also because it would protect you from the elements as well as bugs and leering weirdos too. Lol.

Again though, I'm talking about what you most commonly see. Aside from some religious extremists, most women aren't covering more than the average western woman, nor are they revealing more, except for maybe on the beaches in some countries, but they usually will always have their genitals covered, and that is not only for modesty purposes but also for practicality purposes. You don't really want to sit on the hot sand without any panties on, you know? :D

Agree or disagree?

I don't think it is that clearcut. On average, I would say that both are more boyish.

I think men are more sensitive - some would say that means sensitive.
Men are not as "mean" as they once were, but, some of that is societal conditioning....
men still want to be aggressive and in charge. Cavemen, as it were...

The ones with make-up are just covering the icky

So, it is your contention that women who wear makeup are ugly and the ones who aren't wearing makeup are beautiful? Is that what you're saying?
It's more honest...not to wear make-up.....

That's my objection to it (and hair dyes.) It isn't honest. Sure it looks good, but since you don't look like that without it it's "false advertizing." :)

Depends on you agenda. If you want to look good enough to get laid. Or good enough to have a relationship.
If you need make-up to get laid, you must not have a pleasant personality.....high maint. women are not worth the time, money and effort....

Are you being serious MG? I'll be...I happen to agree with you and you can be good looking and pleasant. But you have to deal with my being a know it all :)

Disagree.

Sometimes you have to look at the common denominator....

Well, I certainly hope that people aren't buying this load of bull that Moonglow is putting out there. Women who wear makeup are not "high maintenance." That is such a ridiculous thing to say. Lol.

So, let's get things straight, you all post pictures of women who's pictures are airbrushed, edited, are wearing a ton of makeup and have fake body parts, yet complain about the average woman's makeup? :dunno: That is just nuts.

Agree or disagree?
Disagree.

There are many different types of aggressive and assertive behaviors.

I've never been attracted to the Barbara Stanwick / Hillary Clinton type if that's what you mean. But that type is not new to this era.

Caring for babies and shopping are not a womanly tasks, never have been. Though yes I understand the stereotyping that was the norm in the 50s. My wife stayed home raised our kids. That's what she wanted to do. Men are men and women are women. Men will shop differently than women, but that does not mean shopping is womanly and only women can do it best. Same for child raising. While I coached the teams of my kids my wife was the home mother. This is good. That does not mean a woman can't coach or that a man can't cook.

The ultra fem mode that some women believe is a man's ultimate desire, imo, is way off. That ultra fem game is merely part of the women's world, imo, of competition that we men rarely get to see. The observant man finds that world a turn off.

I am not ultra fem (I like to look good, be neat, stay slim etc.) but I don't live at the hairdresser or nail salon.
I never thought men liked that anyway.....
I think you need to be attractive, but, attitude I think is key in keeping a man....

A sense of humor beats eye shadow and polished nails hands down.

Shouldn't wear American-made makeup as American brands are allowed to include x amount of carcinogenic compounds whereas European versions are not.

So many cancer-causing things in US society from makeup, furniture, clothes, etc. that if you can easily avoid a few here and there, do so. Isn't just smoking.

When I see weakness, I take control, and rarely abate..

Personally, I think appearance and personality are both just as important. Of course, appearance might become less important if a person has a really good personality but appearance is going to matter to some extent. Anyone who says differently is just lying. :D

The ultra fem mode that some women believe is a man's ultimate desire, imo, is way off. That ultra fem game is merely part of the women's world, imo, of competition that we men rarely get to see. The observant man finds that world a turn off.

I am not ultra fem (I like to look good, be neat, stay slim etc.) but I don't live at the hairdresser or nail salon.
I think you need to be attractive, but, attitude I think is key in keeping a man....

Attentive to your partner, being fun and carefree. Loyal & loving & giving.
If you are in the least bit attractive and have these other qualities. Game over.

When I see weakness, I take control, and rarely abate..

what kinds of weaknesses?

Being well groomed does say something about your personality though. We have those who don't care about their appearance and those who do. :D

Forum List

Back