Question for my fellow gun enthusiasts.

I have a 40 S&W High Point. It's huge but I never intended it for concealed carry so I don't care. It's a nice weapon, pretty damned accurate too.

A lot of "gun snobs" look down on High Points, but I have had a couple Carbines. One got stolen by a druggie "friend" and pawned, the other was lost last month in a wildfire that took our house.

Both guns were very accurate and NEVER choked. I do think the pistols are ugly, but for the price they can't be beat. Cheap accurate and reliable beats expensive and finicky anyway you slice it.

I have a Hi Point carbine and pistol in 40.

Now, my eyes are in great shape, and my hands a tad shaky.

But I can hit the gong at 100yds 8 out of 10 times with the carbine, standing, no support.

and Hi Point has great customer service.

Just noticed

AREN'T in great shape

Thanks guys. I'm only an expert on the guns I have. I appreciate having some people to ask. Wow, 16 rounds of 40 S&W! That has to be a huge heavy weapon.

The FNX holds 16 rounds of .45 with one in the pipe.
View attachment 55607

But do cops carry them?

Some do although it's usually this model...
View attachment 55621
Rather than the Tactical.

That one has a 16 round mag? It seems too small, of course there isn't anything in the photo for scale.

I have a 40 S&W High Point. It's huge but I never intended it for concealed carry so I don't care. It's a nice weapon, pretty damned accurate too.

A lot of "gun snobs" look down on High Points, but I have had a couple Carbines. One got stolen by a druggie "friend" and pawned, the other was lost last month in a wildfire that took our house.

Both guns were very accurate and NEVER choked. I do think the pistols are ugly, but for the price they can't be beat. Cheap accurate and reliable beats expensive and finicky anyway you slice it.

I have a Hi Point carbine and pistol in 40.

But I can hit the gong at 100yds 8 out of 10 times with the carbine, standing, no support.

and Hi Point has great customer service.

Just noticed

AREN'T in great shape

Ha, funny, I read it exactly like you intended.

Thanks guys. I'm only an expert on the guns I have. I appreciate having some people to ask. Wow, 16 rounds of 40 S&W! That has to be a huge heavy weapon.

View attachment 55607

But do cops carry them?

View attachment 55621

That one has a 16 round mag? It seems too small, of course there isn't anything in the photo for scale.

It depends on the magazine. Some are 15 while others are 14.
I have average size hands and it's not uncomfortably large at all,although as a concealed carry it's a little large for comfort unless in a shoulder holster.
And with it's mild(for a .45)recoil it's easy to shoot.
upload_2015-11-25_16-40-43.png

View attachment 55607

But do cops carry them?

View attachment 55621

I have average size hands and it's not uncomfortably large at all,although as a concealed carry it's a little large for comfort unless in a shoulder holster.
View attachment 55628

Thanks. Its a good looking weapon as well.

The incident recently in Chicago where the cop shot the thug and is now being charged with murder.

Something doesn't sound right here but no one in any media is making anything of it. They claim the cop shot the perp 16 times. What sidearm has a 16 round mag? If there aren't any, then the cop would have had to drop the 1st clip, grab the second full clip, insert it and fire 8 more times.

I tried this minutes ago and the fastest I could do it is 13 seconds. This doesn't seem to jive with the video that was released.

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

He could have reloaded also.

Shadow 355

View attachment 55607

But do cops carry them?

View attachment 55621

View attachment 55628

But heavy.

FN does make good guns, but some of their handguns: and guns like the full size HK USP and Glock 21, are heavy.

Who wants a lot of weight on their belt all day?

Shadow 355

But do cops carry them?

View attachment 55621

View attachment 55628

But heavy.

FN does make good guns, but some of their handguns: and guns like the full size HK USP and Glock 21, are heavy.

Shadow 355

Only because they hold a lot of rounds.
You can always go with the compact versions if you want a smaller handgun.

View attachment 55621

View attachment 55628

But heavy.

Shadow 355

HK USP Compact

Sig Sauer P229

Glock 23

Glock 19.

I have carried a handgun all day. Pulling down on my waist. Maybe having to run, jump, leap and other physical activity .

You do not want a boat anchor pulling down on your hips - numbing your pelvic area. I've been there.

My Glock 17 is light, I love it when I go camping .

My 226 is bearable, a great gun - but slightly less accurate ( Glock shoots a tighter Group ) than the Glock.

H&K and Glock is tops.

Sig is a very - very - very close second.

Shadow 355

View attachment 55628

But heavy.

Shadow 355

HK USP Compact

Sig Sauer P229

Glock 23

Glock 19.

I have carried a handgun all day. Pulling down on my waist. Maybe having to run, jump, leap and other physical activity .

You do not want a boat anchor pulling down on your hips - numbing your pelvic area. I've been there.

My Glock 17 is light, I love it when I go camping .

My 226 is bearable, a great gun - but slightly less accurate ( Glock shoots a tighter Group ) than the Glock.

H&K and Glock is tops.

Sig is a very - very - very close second.

Shadow 355

The FNX is two oz. heavier than the comparable HK but the HK only holds 10 rounds vs. 15 in the FNX.
I'll take the extra five rounds.

Forum List

Back