Question for the atheists.

Lutroo

May 29, 2016
The universe had a Creator, or it happened all by itself. Correct me, if I'm wrong, but those are the only options. Science has demonstrated that nothing physical can create itself. What does that leave us with?

Magic

2511411-magic_hand.jpg

Religion has demonstrated that, since god has always been, and was never created, then all matter and energy could also have always been, and never created. The problem that people have with that is simply that it does not fit their paradigm, all living things having a beginning and end. 'Taint necessarily so for matter and energy.

Religion has demonstrated that, since god has always been, and was never created, then all matter and energy could also have always been, and never created. The problem that people have with that is simply that it does not fit their paradigm, all living things having a beginning and end. 'Taint necessarily so for matter and energy.
Science is based on observation and repeatable experiments. So anything scientists have to say about the origins of the universe, or energy, is pure speculation. They simply don't know. So a belief that God created the universe, as well as energy, is just as valid as anything science has to say about the subject.

The universe had a Creator, or it happened all by itself. Correct me, if I'm wrong, but those are the only options. Science has demonstrated that nothing physical can create itself. What does that leave us with?

it leaves us with a universe that is in a constantly changing state

Science is based on observation and repeatable experiments. So anything scientists have to say about the origins of the universe, or energy, is pure speculation. They simply don't know. So a belief that God created the universe, as well as energy, is just as valid as anything science has to say about the subject.

no it's not, because God isn't a testable prediction. it's imagination

Do you have any evidence to support such a claim? Didn't think so. It's something you accept on faith. Just like...hmmm...religion.

Science is based on observation and repeatable experiments. So anything scientists have to say about the origins of the universe, or energy, is pure speculation.
I like the way you always ignore the part evidence plays when it comes to science.

no it's not, because God isn't a testable prediction. it's imagination
And what testable predictions does science have for it's theory of origins? That's right! None. Not a blessed thing.

Do you have any evidence to support such a claim? Didn't think so. It's something you accept on faith. Just like...hmmm...religion.
For gods' sakes. How can something so dumb manage to breathe and post at the same time?

For instance, do you [Lutroo] dispute the scientific consensus the universe is expanding?

Science is based on observation and repeatable experiments. So anything scientists have to say about the origins of the universe, or energy, is pure speculation.
I like the way you always ignore the part evidence plays when it comes to science.
And what evidence does science have for how the universe came to be? Let's see it.

Why does the thing that created the entire seeable and knowable universe that you are aware of have to be a God?

You would have to have some evidence of this creator? If not your opinion is based on ignorance. It's based on a lack of evidence.

And what evidence does science have for how the universe came to be? Let's see it.

In the universe's current state, The Big Bang. Before that? We don't know. However, putting God before then is what we call an argument from ignorance, or as us Atheists sometimes like to put it, a God of the Gaps argument.

Why does the thing that created the entire seeable and knowable universe that you are aware of have to be a God?

You would have to have some evidence of this creator? If not your opinion is based on ignorance. It's based on a lack of evidence.
There is evidence for a Creator. You're simply too blind to see it. You might want to take a look at the accuracy of Biblical prophecy. There's your evidence.

You're hypothesis is pure speculation too!

We're just saying we don't believe there "must be" a god

A lot of deflection going on here. Answer me this. Do scientists know how or why the universe exists? It's a simple yes or no question.

Forum List

Back