Question for the atheists.

Answer the question.
There are two questions, you unbelievably dense entity.
It is one question. I asked how OR why. Not how AND why. You can try to answer either one.
No & no but neither can you tell us how or why.

Extraordinary claims require evidence
I made no claims. I asked a question. Read the OP again.

No one can prove that the universe did not have a prime mover.

That being said, who cares? I certainly do not care if you believe in a magic fairy in the sky, and I am not the slightest bit interested in proving that you are wrong, even though I find the whole concept highly amusing.

Religion has demonstrated that, since god has always been, and was never created, then all matter and energy could also have always been, and never created. The problem that people have with that is simply that it does not fit their paradigm, all living things having a beginning and end. 'Taint necessarily so for matter and energy.
Science is based on observation and repeatable experiments. So anything scientists have to say about the origins of the universe, or energy, is pure speculation. They simply don't know. So a belief that God created the universe, as well as energy, is just as valid as anything science has to say about the subject.

You seem to think that atheists believe in Science (with a capital "S"), as you do God and that theories are like the stories in the Bible and must be taken as Truth (with a capital "T").

Believing in a non-specific creator for which there is no direct evidence or a specific God as described by religion for which there is much evidence against is entirely different than accepting science as the best way so far to derive information about physical reality.

I don't believe the speculation about the origin of reality because one doesn't believe in science. Science is simply a process for obtaining information while minimizing bias and error - not eliminating but minimizing.

I don't believe in scientific theories, They are only the best explanation of the currently available data.

I don't know if there is a creator or not, but I'm not ruling out either possibility. I will rule out the explanations put forth in the ancient texts of nomadic, iron age shepherds.

The universe had a Creator, or it happened all by itself. Correct me, if I'm wrong, but those are the only options. Science has demonstrated that nothing physical can create itself. What does that leave us with?
You have the same problem don't you?

Who created God? If matter can't always exist, how can God

The universe is 13.72 billion years old and there are billions of galaxies.

To believe a 'god' made it you have to believe all those galaxies were put in place over billions of years so we'd have something to look at at night.

The universe, galaxies, planets come and go for billions of year and will keep doing so when earth is gone.
Ours universe is just one grain on an infinite beach.
God is a creation of man to answer what they don't understand.

The universe, galaxies, planets come and go for billions of year and will keep doing so when earth is gone.
If God is a myth, they how do you explain the existence of the universe? I guess you believe that nothing happened to nothing, which caused an explosion...yada yada yada.

If God is a myth, they how do you explain the existence of the universe? I guess you believe that nothing happened to nothing, which caused an explosion...yada yada yada.

The Big Bang is not an explosion, it's a gradual expansion.

We don't know what caused the existence of the universe but that doesn't mean there is a god. How many times do the words "argument from ignorance" need to be repeated for you to understand that?

There is no evidence outside of the Bible that the Christianity's God created the universe. It is just as likely that any of the other creation stories is true.

We don't know what caused the existence of the universe but that doesn't mean there is a god. How many times do the words "argument from ignorance" need to be repeated for you to understand that?
It is not an argument from ignorance. It's an argument from evidence. There is plenty of evidence for the existence of God. There is plenty of evidence that Jesus lived, died and rose again. You just refuse to admit it. If there was no evidence, there would not be billions of people who believe in God. Just because you don't believe doesn't mean it isn't true. Does it?

The universe had a Creator, or it happened all by itself. Correct me, if I'm wrong, but those are the only options. Science has demonstrated that nothing physical can create itself. What does that leave us with?

I don't know.

I don't spend any time worrying about it.

Any scientific theories regarding how the Universe came into being are so far at the edge of our theoretical knowledge that I don't really give them much credence.

But I haven't seen any religious creation story that fits any of the actual scientific evidence we have.

Whether the Universe just began- or some un-knowable power started it- it certainly is not the power described in any religion on Earth.

There is no evidence outside of the Bible that the Christianity's God created the universe. It is just as likely that any of the other creation stories is true.
And just how much evidence do you need? The Bible contains a historical account of the life of Jesus. It contains writings from people who knew him. It also contains writings from a real, historical person. Paul. Even though He never met Christ, while He lived, he was a contemporary of the other Apostles. Men who proclaimed the Gospel of a risen Savior. Men who died rather than deny what they preached. Do you know anyone who would die for a lie? It happened. Believe it.

It is not an argument from ignorance. It's an argument from evidence. There is plenty of evidence for the existence of God. There is plenty of evidence that Jesus lived, died and rose again. You just refuse to admit it. If there was no evidence, there would not be billions of people who believe in God. Just because you don't believe doesn't mean it isn't true. Does it?

Well what is that evidence then?

same way other universes are being made, recycling of matter.

And just how much evidence do you need? The Bible contains a historical account of the life of Jesus. It contains writings from people who knew him. It also contains writings from a real, historical person. Paul. Even though He never met Christ, while He lived, he was a contemporary of the other Apostles. Men who proclaimed the Gospel of a risen Savior. Men who died rather than deny what they preached. Do you know anyone who would die for a lie? It happened. Believe it.

In court that would be called 'hearsay'

Paul never met Jesus, never observed a resurrection- he presumably was told about all of this by men- and men are not infallible.

Paul never met Jesus, never observed a resurrection- he presumably was told about all of this by men- and men are not infallible.
Would you die for a lie? The apostles died for the message they preached. No one would die for something they knew to be a lie. The fact that they died proclaiming the Gospel of Christ is proof enough for me. I repeat. No one would die for a lie.

Would you die for a lie? The apostles died for the message they preached. No one would die for something they knew to be a lie. The fact that they died proclaiming the Gospel of Christ is proof enough for me. I repeat. No one would die for a lie.

That isn't evidence.

That is a call for speculation regarding an event that you can't prove even happened.

I don't have a problem with you believing that Jesus is your salvation- none of my business- but if you are going to challenge me- as an atheist- then I will ask you for proof for your claims- not just your own personal opinion.

When Paul was preaching the word, he often referred to the events that surrounded the life, death and Resurrection of Christ. He mentioned them as facts that the people he was preaching to would know to be true. He spoke to them as though they witnessed them themselves. Which in fact they did.

That isn't evidence.

That is a call for speculation regarding an event that you can't prove even happened.

I don't have a problem with you believing that Jesus is your salvation- none of my business- but if you are going to challenge me- as an atheist- then I will ask you for proof for your claims- not just your own personal opinion.
It is a fact that some of them died rather than deny what they were saying. I repeat. No one would die for a lie.

Any physical evidence would do. The story of the life of Jesus certainly has some truth to it (if it was invented it would be a much better story) but it has way more theology than history.

No one would die for a 'lie' but plenty have died for their faith, just look at the news, and those ISIS suicide bombers.

Forum List

Back