🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Question on Glenn Beck: "Iraqi people don't want to be liberated"

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
Dear USMB:
A. Preface: Before I ask this, I do want to make sure of Beck's statement, meaning and intent.
I am assuming he was sincerely trying to make the statement (even if it is just to provoke reaction)
that the war in Iraq was futile because the people of Iraq did not welcome that help to fight for freedom.

If this is already not the case, please address A.

B. Assuming he is trying to say this (for whatever motive, honest or manipulating one side or the other to respond, or for publicity or whatever)

Do you think this is a fair question to ask Beck, and how would you answer:

If you believe the war is for Democratic purpose (and not corporate interests in political control, etc)
and it's just that enough of the people are fighting AGAINST US forces and efforts in Iraq that this is failing.

Can't you say the same of people who claim to be fighting for Freedom in America
but are losing to the enemies within our own country, defeating and dividing each other?

Are you going to say that ALL AMERICANS are hopeless, and "don't want to be free"
because we can't liberate ourselves from oppression by whichever enemies we blame among ourselves?

On the other hand, if you are going to say it's all X people or X group's fault,
and AMERICANS are trying to fight off X group. it's not that we don't want freedom,
but we're struggling and not always winning every fight or battle, and it shows.

Which way is it?

If you are going to blame Iraqi people are you going to blame American people for not wanting freedom?

If you can see that Americans DO want freedom, but conflicting groups are playing politics
and screwing it up for everyone who is honestly trying to fight for liberties and freedoms we believe in.

We may be divided but so are the Iraqi people, and there are still good people fighting for freedom.

If that is a fair question to ask, how would you answer if you were in Beck's shoes and said that.
If it is not worded well, how would you ask Beck the same essence I am trying to ask but not too well.

Can you get my point and how would you ask or answer this question?

Thanks, If I can get a precise way to ask this, I do want to ask him
or get someone to ask him and bring this up once and for all.

Forum List

Back