🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Question to gays and lesbians wanting marriage rights - denounce you're men/women?

using your logic it is then possible to allow siblings to marry.....or parents and their children.....or you and your uncle or aunt or what the heck both of them....

polygamy of course would be a shoo-in....

True, my argument is any two consenting adults aught to be able to marry.

Sure, there'll be some sickos who want to marry their parent, or sibling, or aunt, and some people who want to take on 4 wives. But, who the heck cares? What, are we talking maybe 1 out of every 1,000,0000 adults in the US would actually want to participate in a relationship with their mom? Or sister? Or 10 wives.

That's like worrying Lake Michigan will become salty because you dumped a single salt packet in it.

what your logic is advocating is basically 'anything goes'.....this will only tear apart an orderly society....therefore it is within the rights of society to limit marriage to its traditional meaning in order for its own self-preservation...

"Tear apart an orderly society"? Giving an adult the choice to marry someone of the same sex will TEAR APART society? That is completely ridiculous. You speak as if we disallow gay marriage all gayness will cease to exist completely.

Let me explain something to you; I am a straight man and no law on the face of this planet is going to change the fact that I am attracted to women and will only marry someone of the opposite sex. Only gay people - who already exist, already have gay relationships, already live with each other, already adopt children, already go to gay parades - will be marrying people of the same sex.

Absolutely nothing changes. What the heck will be different, lol?

TEAR APART society? Lol. Cool it over there.

Last edited:
An honest discussion in which gays can't marry because they can't produce babies by the means which you find acceptable?

Sure, that makes sense. :eusa_whistle:

I'll then ask again, is the ability for a heterosexual couple to create a life within that coupling the same or different than a homosexual coupling where the possibility of creating is nil?

I'll answer again.

Nobody.

Gives.

A.

Flying.

Fuck.

Immaterial. Doesn't matter. Your point is moot.

Etc.

Why won't you answer? Because it's obvious?

I'll then ask again, is the ability for a heterosexual couple to create a life within that coupling the same or different than a homosexual coupling where the possibility of creating is nil?

I'll answer again.

Nobody.

Gives.

A.

Flying.

Fuck.

Etc.

Because it's irrelevant.

Because if you are attempting to ban gay marriage for that reason, you will have to do the same to straights who cannot or will not conceive.

Can't name any, but I am sure there are future gay taxpayer, firefighter, teacher, artist created from a heterosexuall coupling.

;)

I wouldn't have taken you for a homophobe pop23. Kinda disappointed :(

Why would you call me one now?

Have I made any statement that would lead you to believe I were, or is it just people who disagree that are?

Note, I did not want to go the route of sibling marrying or venture into multiple spouse marriage.

I think I'm trying to have an honest discussion.

Do you support gay marriage ?

[MENTION=43245]Pop23[/MENTION]

Sure, there'll be some sickos who want to marry their parent, or sibling, or aunt, and some people who want to take on 4 wives. But, who the heck cares? What, are we talking maybe 1 out of every 1,000,0000 adults in the US would actually want to participate in a relationship with their mom? Or sister? Or 10 wives.

That's like worrying Lake Michigan will become salty because you dumped a single salt packet in it.

what your logic is advocating is basically 'anything goes'.....this will only tear apart an orderly society....therefore it is within the rights of society to limit marriage to its traditional meaning in order for its own self-preservation...

"Tear apart an orderly society"? Giving an adult the choice to marry someone of the same sex will TEAR APART society? That is completely ridiculous. You speak as if we disallow gay marriage all gayness will cease to exist completely.

Let me explain something to you; I am a straight man and no law on the face of this planet is going to change the fact that I am attracted to women and will only marry someone of the opposite sex. Only gay people - who already exist, already have gay relationships, already live with each other, already adopt children, already go to gay parades - will be marrying people of the same sex.

wow....that was one fine nonanswer....

because obviously you don't have an answer....

but...

if you are honest with yourself you can look around today and see how gays and 'gay marriage' are tearing apart the fabric of society with their political stunts.....from teaching 'two mommies' in the schools to forcing small business owners to provide services or bake gay wedding cakes against their consciences.....not to mention mainstreaming their immoral practices in the media where our young are exposed to it...

if you are honest with yourself you would see the gay lobby is nothing more than a tool being used by the commie left to tear apart our free American society that was built and based upon moral values that have stood the test of time.....by crowbaring via activist judges new laws that force people to abide by the immoral gay agenda aka the immoral leftie agenda....

if the left can force us to act against our consciences......what can't they do....?

I'll answer again.

Nobody.

Gives.

A.

Flying.

Fuck.

Etc.

Because it's irrelevant.

Because if you are attempting to ban gay marriage for that reason, you will have to do the same to straights who cannot or will not conceive.

Do you not believe in reproductive rights?

Why would you call me one now?

Have I made any statement that would lead you to believe I were, or is it just people who disagree that are?

Note, I did not want to go the route of sibling marrying or venture into multiple spouse marriage.

I think I'm trying to have an honest discussion.

Do you support gay marriage ?

I honestly would like a conversation to discuss its necessity. But thanks for the mention

Question:would you be willing to compromise in exchange for gay marriage that you will no longer be allowed to be considered men/women, on drivers license etc. it will state gay or lesbian?

***LOOKS DOWN***

***SEES PENIS***

***VERY LARGE PENIS***

No thanks.

wow....that was one fine nonanswer....

because obviously you don't have an answer....

but...

if you are honest with yourself you can look around today and see how gays and 'gay marriage' are tearing apart the fabric of society with their political stunts.....from teaching 'two mommies' in the schools to forcing small business owners to provide services or bake gay wedding cakes against their consciences.....not to mention mainstreaming their immoral practices in the media where our young are exposed to it...

if you are honest with yourself you would see the gay lobby is nothing more than a tool being used by the commie left to tear apart our free American society that was built and based upon moral values that have stood the test of time.....by crowbaring via activist judges new laws that force people to abide by the immoral gay agenda aka the immoral leftie agenda....

if the left can force us to act against our consciences......what can't they do....?

What does the gay lobby have to do with the discussion at hand? They (for the sake of the convo) might very well be unethical, manipulative, etc but “gay marriage” – in it of itself – is a wholly separate thing. Would you want to outlaw education because the teacher’s union is corrupt, or outlaw a standing army because the defense lobby engages in unethical practices?

And as for another point, how do you equate a teacher talking about two moms or a single instance of some gay guy who sued a cake maker with “the unravelling of society”?

If you – as a child – had heard that there was such a thing as two moms, would you now be homeless, lazy, jobless, etc? Would you be gay and living with your boyfriend right now? Please explain in more detail.

Last edited:

I honestly would like a conversation to discuss its necessity. But thanks for the mention

Sorry, does that mean you do not support gay marriage?

Drifter, if you read this entire thread you see where I wrote where I look forward to the day when a state finally looks at this mess and has guts enough to say

Enough, we are no longer in the marriage business!

Do I support gay marriage? As a State matter? NO

Do I support Hetero marriage? As a State matter? NOT AS IT CURRENTLY EXISTS!

The only time I think a civil union (which is what a marriage is) would morph into more would be when those involved within the union provide the government with what it needs to exist in the first place. And even then, that additional privilege is simply a tax break for providing future tax payers!

So it is written, so it shall be done

Oh wait, I'm not King yet!

Last edited:
Do you not believe in reproductive rights?

Why do you ask, since it has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Is this a one sided debate?

How many relationships that include a woman past her reproductive window (and absolutely cannot have kids) have resulted in children? The answer is zero. Just like a relationship between two men, a relationship that includes a woman who is past her reproductive window absolutely cannot produce a child.

My question is what's the next step? Are we to forbid old women AND gay people from marrying? We must stay consistent with our logic.

My logic has always been consistent; any two consenting adults can marry each other. They must be (1) an adult and (2) consenting. That's it.

Last edited:

Drifter, if you read this entire thread you see where I wrote where I look forward to the day when a state finally looks at this mess and has guts enough to say

The only time I think a civil union (which is what a marriage is) would morph into more would be when those involved within the union provide the government with what it needs to exist in the first place. And even then, that additional privilege is simply a tax break for providing future tax payers!

Agree- I think "the state" should only grant adults "civil unions". That's it.

"Marriage" should be a term individuals can define privately for themselves.

They honestly believe that. They think gays will crawl back shamed into the closet. Unfortunately, it won't happen.

I hope you aren't mad at me for asking. I have read the entire thread I just wanted clarification to my questions.

If you could just directly say yes or no you have no problem with gays being married and having the exact status and privileges as heteros marrying whether its heteros and gays in civil unions or so on.

I am not sure how to ask you clearer than do you support gay marriage in the same exact manner as hetero marriage.

It just seems like your answer don't say yes or no.

From your reply you said : Do I support gay marriage? As a State matter? NO

So then are you saying no you don;t support gay marriage but you support hetero marriage ( because you see those rights as different) ?

Thanks in advance for a direct answer pop:smiliehug:

Forum List

Back