Questions about the blamestorming in Florida

Timmy

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2015
Some things are unclear . Any Florida posters wh some local insight?

1. Who is in charge of giving out gun licenses? Local police ? Sheriffs office ? State agency ?

Do you even need a license? I’ve seen stories that say no !

2 . Who is in charge of law enforcement at a scene ? Sheriff or local police ?

3 . Is there a law that allows you to pull guns from someone who you think is dangerous, even if they haven’t been convicted of anything .

1. Who is in charge of giving out gun licenses? Local police ? Sheriffs office ? State agency ?
I don't know about Flordia's gun laws, but generally, a license is not needed to purchase a rifle. As far as I know, no state issues a license for a rifle. Handguns and concealed carry are different.

Sheriff, from everything I have seen. The resource officer was a deputy. That's right. Scott Israel's deputy failed to act to stop the shooting.

3 . Is there a law that allows you to pull guns from someone who you think is dangerous, even if they haven’t been convicted of anything .
Yes. Criminal protective orders.

I don't know about Flordia's gun laws, but generally, a license is not needed to purchase a rifle. As far as I know, no state issues a license for a rifle. Handguns and concealed carry are different.

Sheriff, from everything I have seen. The resource officer was a deputy. That's right. Scott Israel's deputy failed to act to stop the shooting.

Yes. Criminal protective orders.

In Massachusetts you need to be licensed to buy any firearm . You can not buy an AR or a pistol if under 21. Local police give out the license (after you take a safety course). The cheif can deny you if you are “unsuitable “. (Aka a crazy troublemaker) .

Our sheriffs just deal with the jails . No real law enforcement.

In Massachusetts you need to be licensed to buy any firearm . You can not buy an AR or a pistol if under 21. Local police give out the license (after you take a safety course). The cheif can deny you if you are “unsuitable “. (Aka a crazy troublemaker) .
Sounds like state and local governments can enact laws that protect citizens.

Works for me.

Every gun purchase from a licensed gun store requires a federal background check. The shooter bought the weapon from a licensed gun store so he went through a background check. There were 39 times the police could have arrested him and put a mark on his record to keep him from passing that check.

Every gun purchase from a licensed gun store requires a federal background check. The shooter bought the weapon from a licensed gun store so he went through a background check. There were 39 times the police could have arrested him and put a mark on his record to keep him from passing that check.

Really ? Sounds like he was a minor for all that . Would that even come up on a fed check ?

Sounds more and more that Floridas loose gun laws are to blame .

Who has zucchini?

There is no such thing as a "gun license".

Forum List

Back