Questions for those that would ban 'assault weapons'

See below:

Questions:
-Had the 1994 AWB not sunset, or had it been reinstated once The Obama took office, how would it have stopped the Newton/Sandyhook shooting?
-If it were in place now, how would it stop another?

Please try to answer in a manner that does not involve emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

When the 1994 bill was written, the NRA managed to get the process bogged down with cosmetic differences. They steered everyone clear of the real issue: firing mechanics.

If the semi-automatic firing system had been banned, not just the size of the stock or a flash suppressor, or the details of the grip, we would be twenty years ahead in the process of ridding weapons designed for warfare, not sport, from our streets.

Stupidest statement of the year!

When the 1994 bill was written, the NRA managed to get the process bogged down with cosmetic differences. They steered everyone clear of the real issue: firing mechanics.

If the semi-automatic firing system had been banned, not just the size of the stock or a flash suppressor, or the details of the grip, we would be twenty years ahead in the process of ridding weapons designed for warfare, not sport, from our streets.

There are plenty of sporting firearms that are semi-automatics.

But more importantly, what percentage of the homicides in the US are committed with semi-automatic rifles??

And what is the most common type of firearm used to commit murders in the US?

So if you actually wanted to make the streets safer, why would you focus on banning these rifles instead of banning easily concealed handguns? Unless you have another agenda.
Long guns and pistols with semi-automatic firing systems are widely used in drive by shootings and are the weapon of choice in mass shootings. What puts the "mass" in mass shooting? The ability to spray as many rounds as quickly as possible.

Bolt action rifles are sporting guns. Pump action shotguns are sporting guns. Even some revolvers are sporting guns. But semi-automatics are designed to kill human beings. As many human beings as possible in the shortest possible time. They are NOT sporting guns, but weapons designed for a battlefield.

I could do more damage in a drive-by with a shotgun than a rifle! Shotguns were called "street sweepers" and "room brooms" for a reason!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHWq3cihjvI

Any gun you can do that with? Should not be in the hands of a civilian.

Do you have any idea whats going on in that video?
I'm guessing no.

Looks like a dude shooting a rifle with a weird full-auto conversion...?

It's a bump stock. Totally unreliable for consistent auto fire. If you'll notice he had a very hard time with consistent accurate full auto fire.
It's more of a toy that lets you feel what auto fire would be like. Totally useless for accurate suppressive fire.
I would personally never own one. Total waste of time for actual battle conditions.

It relies on the recoil to reset the trigger. Totally fucken bogus,

Last edited:
Oh please. Yes, we know what you mean when you say "assault rifle". That does not change the fact that the actual definition of the term, as coined by the military, is that of a fully automatic rifle.

However, like many words, terms and phrases, the definition changes over time. The definition now includes the ridiculous notion that a semi-automatic rifle with a bayonet lug and a flash suppressor is an "assault rifle". But the exact same rifle without the flash suppressor and bayonet lug, is not. This is why the OP includes those two pics. And this is why one rifle, like the AR15 with the aforementioned flash suppressor and lug, are apparently so much more dangerous than those without those cosmetic features.

You know, because of all the drive-by bayonetings.

To bad you all couldn't (or wouldn't) put up a couple photos of what you gun nuts consider "assault weapons".

Or are they not assault weapons because they are not fully auto?

Is that they ONLY difference between what I can walk in and buy and what the military has available? Full auto vs single shot?

How long does it take a competent gunsmith to convert a wannabe assault weapon to a fully automatic assault weapon?

Or are you gonna claim that converting to full auto is not possible? Can you convert, lets say a 30.06 rifle to a fully automatic assault rifle? How about my .22 single shot rifle? Can you convert an AK47? AR15?

Depends on the specific weapon. Early AR-15's, easy. (They used the same recievers as full-auto M-16's.) Later ones, need access to a machine shop. Some .22's, a toothpick.

Do you all know what an assault rifle IS? And isn't.

I know exactly what it is: it is a meaningless buzzword used by the ignorant, the stupid, and the evil.

Hey winterborn. You hunt deer with a bayonet? Then why you need a bayonet mount on your hunting rifle?

Anyone who shoots at night will understand why a flash suppressor might be nice!

I always kinda liked the fire when shooting at night. Although I do know it ruins my night vision for a bit.

Ever shot the Dragons Breath shells in a 12 ga? Very cool.

I'm guessing no.

It's a bump stock. Totally unreliable for consistent auto fire. If you'll notice he had a very hard time with consistent accurate full auto fire.
It's more of a toy that lets you feel what auto fire would be like. Totally useless for accurate suppressive fire.
I would personally never own one. Total waste of time for actual battle conditions.

There was also a gadget that fit in the trigger guard. It was a crank handle that fired 2 rounds every time you rotated the handle. Like a Gatlin gun firing. Always looked like a good show but not worth much.

There was also a gadget that fit in the trigger guard. It was a crank handle that fired 2 rounds every time you rotated the handle. Like a Gatlin gun firing. Always looked like a good show but not worth much.

Exactly. Totally worthless in real life situations. I'd take that clown out with one or two well placed shots with a .22 while he sprayed and prayed with his 5.56.

Exactly. Totally worthless in real life situations. I'd take that clown out with one or two well placed shots with a .22 while he sprayed and prayed with his 5.56.

I had the opportunity to buy a Springfield Armory M1A a few years ago at a great price. I jumped on it. I have no desire to shoot anyone. But if the need arises, I can reach out and touch someone from a long way out. :D

This nutter wants honesty....and gets it. Then puts on earmuffs.

SOP

Honesty is not being full of shit. That's exactly what they said....and do to this day.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otTiaGPpePs]Gun Grabbing Feinstein: Background Checks Would Not Have Prevented Newtown - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKph80pU4e0]Newtown Dad Pleads At Senate For Assault Weapons Ban - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48DPJYA8et4]Senator Feinstein on assault weapons legislation - YouTube[/ame]

I could post these all day. When you want to truly be honest come back and we'll talk.

Which one of those addresses my comments? Nobody claimed that n AWB WOULD HAVE prevented Newtown. Thread fail.

You mean the one you conveniently forgot to copy?

Nobody said an assault weapons ban would have prevented Newtown.
Try honesty.

Talk about fail.

You mean the one you conveniently forgot to copy?

Try honesty.

Talk about fail.
There are numerous instances of people saying that we need another AWB to prevent another one.

Your response: fail.

Now, how about addressing the questions in the OP?

See below:

Questions:
-Had the 1994 AWB not sunset, or had it been reinstated once The Obama took office, how would it have stopped the Newton/Sandyhook shooting?

Please try to answer in a manner that does not involve emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

You're asking the wrong questions. It's not which laws didn't work, it's about finding some that do. Bad laws get bad results, we all know that. But that's not to say that there aren't any good laws that work. Or that we shouldn't keep trying to find the right laws that work. You could start asking: why do other countries not have these kinds of massacres, and what are their laws regarding firearms? This would be a good place to start.

See below:

Questions:

You're asking the wrong questions. It's not which laws didn't work, it's about finding some that do. Bad laws get bad results, we all know that. But that's not to say that there aren't any good laws that work. Or that we shouldn't keep trying to find the right laws that work. You could start asking: why do other countries not have these kinds of massacres, and what are their laws regarding firearms? This would be a good place to start.

The first thing to do is compare the non-gun related violent crime rates between our country and the other ones. We are a more violent society. Figure out why that is, and you may have a shot at helping the situation.

See below:

Questions:

The first thing to do is compare the non-gun related violent crime rates between our country and the other ones. We are a more violent society. Figure out why that is, and you may have a shot at helping the situation.

We glorify violence, stand your ground, kill if someone breaks into your car, allow mass murder of young kids, have virtually no restriction on gun ownership, quit trying to treat the mentally unstable, have politicians promoting dissent, hate for other races, etc etc.

And you can't figure out why we are such a violent society. And you own guns. WTF?

We glorify violence, stand your ground, kill if someone breaks into your car, allow mass murder of young kids, have virtually no restriction on gun ownership, quit trying to treat the mentally unstable, have politicians promoting dissent, hate for other races, etc etc.

And you can't figure out why we are such a violent society. And you own guns. WTF?

You list examples of violent tendencies and think those are the reasons for it???

I don't know anyone who allows the mass murder of kids. There are reasonable restrictions on gun ownership. And it is not just politicians promoting dissent. You have been stretching to call me a gun-nut, a terrorist, and a militia crazy. And you have accused me of hoping for a revolution and itching to shoot someone. So before you point fingers at other, make sure your own camp is in order.

Yes I own guns. I am exactly the type of person you WANT owning guns. I am patient with idiots, safe in both storage and shooting my guns, and very unlikely to end up killing people.

Now, if you would like to back down off your high horse and actually discuss the reasons for the violent nature of our society I am happy to do so.

Try honesty.

try honesty yourself.., i recall it quite differently, that is the first cry from you anti-gun liberfools, ban those evil black guns and this country would become civilized once more..., haa,, you fools will never learn ?

why do you love black people.., yet HATE black guns ??

So does that mean my Flat Dark Earth guns are okay?:lol:

Flat Dark Earth guns/rifles/cannons are fine with me, in fact over the past 40+ years my cannon has taken on a nice brown patina.

i love shooting cannons !! :up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHWq3cihjvI

Any gun you can do that with? Should not be in the hands of a civilian.

I'm guessing no.

NO !! he has no fucking idea what is happening or how it is happening, shallow is an Obamcommie who follows the rule of Hitler, Stalin, PolPot, and all other despot dictators who want to subjugate us patriots......, AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN !! that is EXACTLY why the founders put the second amdt. in our founding documents.

See below:

Questions:

You're asking the wrong questions.
No. I am asking the right questions. You're avoiding them because you know the answers.

So, please address the questions asked in the OP.

Further proof that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
Keep up the good work.
While you're at it - how about answering the questions asked in the OP?

Considering what they call an assault style weapon is repsonsible for less than 200 deaths a year, way too much emphasis is being put on them. it is not the type of gun that is an issue. in all honesty, guns themselves really aren't the issue. Its the total disregard for life that is a problem. the fact that someone will so easily take a life is a real problem in our society.

See below:

Questions:

You really don't have a clue in the world, do you?

The Top 5 Worst Gun Massacres by an Individual

Perpetrator Location Date Victims

1 Anders Behring Breivik Utøya Island, Norway 22 Jul 2011 77 killed, (151 wounded)

2 Woo Bum-Kon Sang-Namdo, South Korea 26 Apr 1982 57 killed, (35 wounded)

3 Martin Bryant Port Arthur, Australia 28 Apr 1996 35 killed, (21 wounded)

4 Seung-Hui Cho Blacksburg, Virginia USA 16 Apr 2007 32 killed, (25 wounded)

5 Campo Elí*as Delgado Bogota, Colombia 4 Dec 1986 30 killed, (15 wounded)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back