Questions for those that would ban 'assault weapons'

I'm telling you that your statement regarding the weapon of choice for mass shootings is wrong.

Now then -- do you have an aswer for the questions in the OP?
The question is a crock as is the 1994 gun legislation.
Ah. So you do not support banning 'assault weapons'. Good for you.

Once the NRA got involved, the whole debate was bogged down...
You posted this lie before. It's still a lie.
I support a GENUINE ban, not a cosmetic one. And do a little digging before you paly the 'liar' card. The NRA was responsible for the silly cosmetics ban.

Are you trying to tell us that drive by shootings are the result of bolt action weapons? Are gangs shooting each other with shotguns or Glocks?
I'm telling you that your statement regarding the weapon of choice for mass shootings is wrong.

So I ask again: are gangs shooting up each other and are innocent victims killed in the cross fire between bolt action rifles and shot guns? If the weapon of choice of the average gang banger was not a semi-automatic pistol, would there be innocents lost in gang gun fights?

Would the gangbangers be limited to what is for sale on WalMart's shelves? Or would they buy guns from the black market and have what they wanted?

Many drivebys and gang shootings involved fully automatic weapons. Those have, for all practical purposes, been banned since 1935. And yet, they are still available on the street.

You don't want dishonesty?

Then....you should consider the fact that banning that weapon has never been cited as a definitive preventive measure which would have stopped the Newtown murders.

Want to start over?

yet NY banned it siting that reason specifically

I support a GENUINE ban, not a cosmetic one. And do a little digging before you paly the 'liar' card. The NRA was responsible for the silly cosmetics ban.

He's right, it is a lie. The NRA and the Gun Owners of America immiediately launched a lobbying move to block the assault weapons ban and had NOTHING to do with the "silly cosmetics". NRA members were encouraged to contact their representatives and let them know that voting against this bill was important to their reelection, not ban "scary" guns.

If you have to lie to make your point, you have no point.

Are you trying to tell us that drive by shootings are the result of bolt action weapons? Are gangs shooting each other with shotguns or Glocks?

So I ask again: are gangs shooting up each other and are innocent victims killed in the cross fire between bolt action rifles and shot guns? If the weapon of choice of the average gang banger was not a semi-automatic pistol, would there be innocents lost in gang gun fights?

from: Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Firearm Use by Offenders

"A 1997 U.S. Justice Department survey of 14,285 state prison inmates found that among those inmates who carried a firearm during the offense for which they were sent to jail, 0.7% obtained the firearm at a gun show, 1% at a flea market, 3.8% from a pawn shop, 8.3% from a retail store, 39.2% through an illegal/street source, and 39.6% through family or friends."

Would the gangbangers be limited to what is for sale on WalMart's shelves? Or would they buy guns from the black market and have what they wanted?

Many drivebys and gang shootings involved fully automatic weapons. Those have, for all practical purposes, been banned since 1935. And yet, they are still available on the street.
So why haven't we gone after them at the source: the gun manufacturer? Why have we ignored that source of guns? Could it be that their lobby group is too powerful to reason with?

I support a GENUINE ban, not a cosmetic one.
How did the 'assaut weapon' ban not genuinely ban the manufacture and sale of 'assault weapons'?

And do a little digging before you paly the 'liar' card. The NRA was responsible for the silly cosmetics ban.
This is a lie.
The ban based on cosmetics was part and parcel of the original draft of the bills sent to Congress, wholly indeepenedent of any action by the NRA.
You cannot prove otherwise and you know it.
Thus, a lie. This makes you a liar.

Last edited:

So why haven't we gone after them at the source: the gun manufacturer? Why have we ignored that source of guns? Could it be that their lobby group is too powerful to reason with?

go after them for what? making a legal product?

Still haven't see anyone address the questions asked in the OP.

Given all the people here that fall over themselves in support of the AWB, I wonder why that is.

It could be that the current administration is using guns made by the same manufacturers to make deals with criminals south of our border.

It could be that the guns in question are not made in the US at all. I'm not sure how many submachineguns are manufactured in the US. But the most common (like the Uzi, HK, and the fully automatic AKs) are not manufactured here.

The better question is why we continue to release known violent offenders from prison.

The Ford Pinto was a legal product. Lawn darts were legal products. Somewhere some gun lover must confront the public health and safety being eroded by guns designed as battle field weapons, not sporting weapons.

there is no use for a semi-automatic weapon other than causing the deaths of human beings as rapidly as possible. Somewhere, some gun lover has to answer for gang violence made apocalyptic by the advent of the semi-automatic firing system.

The better question is why we continue to release known violent offenders from prison.
Or, why do gun lovers oppose a mandatory back ground check at every gun sale to stem the tide of criminals getting guns?

The Ford Pinto was a legal product. Lawn darts were legal products. Somewhere some gun lover must confront the public health and safety being eroded by guns designed as battle field weapons, not sporting weapons.

there is no use for a semi-automatic weapon other than causing the deaths of human beings as rapidly as possible. Somewhere, some gun lover has to answer for gang violence made apocalyptic by the advent of the semi-automatic firing system.

Except, as I have pointed out, they have a use as a hunting gun. They have become even more popular with those who hunt feral hogs. As one who has hunted this "poor man's grizzly", I can see why more rounds is appealing.

Or, why do gun lovers oppose a mandatory back ground check at every gun sale to stem the tide of criminals getting guns?

There is already a mandatory background check with every sale by a gun dealer. People selling their personal firearms is the only exception. And when Bubba decides to sell his gun, I don't want him to have access to the system without some checks on what he does with the info.

Except, as I have pointed out, they have a use as a hunting gun. They have become even more popular with those who hunt feral hogs. As one who has hunted this "poor man's grizzly", I can see why more rounds is appealing.
Lots of feral hogs at Cabrini Green?

There is already a mandatory background check with every sale by a gun dealer. People selling their personal firearms is the only exception. And when Bubba decides to sell his gun, I don't want him to have access to the system without some checks on what he does with the info.

What could be wrong with the results coming back as a simple red or green light?

there is no use for a semi-automatic weapon other than causing the deaths of human beings as rapidly as possible.
This is either abject ignorance or brutal dishonesty.
Thank you for helping to prove the premise than anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Lots of feral hogs at Cabrini Green?

Lots of legal semi-auto rifle sales at Cabrini Green?

I know there are millions of feral swine all over the southern states.

Feral Pigs Going Hog-Wild in US | LiveScience
"The wild hogs can now be found in three-fourths of U.S. states — and their populations are growing in many areas — and are estimated to cause $1.5 billion in damages each year, the Associated Press reports. There are currently more than 5 million wild hogs in the United States, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture."

I personally hunt them with a lever action rifle in 45-70Govt or a revolver in .44 Magnum. But many, many people cannot cope with the recoil of those weapons.

Forum List

Back