Questions on Decriminalization/Legalization movement

Okay sparky

Consuming a great amount of alcohol to get drunk requires effort, whereas smoking pot to get high doesn't require much effort at all. Would you agree with that assessment?

yea the guy sitting there watching the Lakers with a 6 pack is really putting forth a great effort to get drunk.....Rock you know absolutely nothing about the Pot world.....why dont you go get Katz and Thantos and you guys go rent "Reefer Madness".....im sure you 3 will think its the most factual documentary ever produced......

What's harder to do for someone who isn't an experienced drinker or smoker, drink a six pack or smoke a joint or blunt?

dont move the goal posts now....you said above....."Consuming a great amount of alcohol to get drunk requires effort, whereas smoking pot to get high doesn't require much effort at all. "....i have seen dozens of people get a nice buzz on one drink while many people who smoke pot for the first time say nothing is happening......you would know this if you actually had experience with this or knew people who did....but you dont so you dont know....

yea the guy sitting there watching the Lakers with a 6 pack is really putting forth a great effort to get drunk.....Rock you know absolutely nothing about the Pot world.....why dont you go get Katz and Thantos and you guys go rent "Reefer Madness".....im sure you 3 will think its the most factual documentary ever produced......

What's harder to do for someone who isn't an experienced drinker or smoker, drink a six pack or smoke a joint or blunt?

Drink a six pack. It would probably take an inexperienced smoker about 2 or 3 hours to roll a blunt.

not if they used a pipe....just sayin.....

No consuming large amounts of alcohol is physically channeling for most. I'm 6"2, 225 and I'm not a regular drinker, but I have socially drank in the past, and I would have a hard time drinking a six pack by myself. The point is, sparky, because in smoking it's easier to get high then it is to get drunk, chances are if you smoke you do it more often, compared to the average person who drinks alcohol. Basically the average smoker is likely to be a pothead and the average drinker isn't necessarily likely to be a drunk.

Of course reasoning, I see, is difficult with you. :badgrin:

Rocko - you’re the one being unreasonable here. If I were to smoke maybe every other night after work, maybe a hit to relax (nothing but a body-buzz), am I a “pot head”?

Every other night? That is a lot of getting high, my friend. I'm not sure if I would call you a pothead, but those are a lot of brain cells you'd be burning. Don't you think that would be bad for for someone to do?

Rock i worked with guys who drank 3-6 beers after work almost every fucking day....and these guys say all their buddies are the same way.....and wanted to know why i wasnt like that...and no...i dont smoke pot anymore....

Pish posh. It takes more work to get high. First you have to drink the six pack. Then you have to take a fork and punch some holes in the side of the can and crush it on that side so that it's flat enough to hold the dope. Then you have to put the dope over the holes and inhale through the hole that you drink out of.

and I don't get high. Sheeesh.

No consuming large amounts of alcohol is physically channeling for most. I'm 6"2, 225 and I'm not a regular drinker, but I have socially drank in the past, and I would have a hard time drinking a six pack by myself. The point is, sparky, because in smoking it's easier to get high then it is to get drunk, chances are if you smoke you do it more often, compared to the average person who drinks alcohol. Basically the average smoker is likely to be a pothead and the average drinker isn't necessarily likely to be a drunk.

Of course reasoning, I see, is difficult with you. :badgrin:

There's no logic in that. None whatsoever. I promise you, nobody sitting down to either a drink or a smoke takes a moment to think, "now, how hard is this going to be?". Wacko.

Further, "chances are if you smoke you do it more often" is a complete non sequitur. You don't smoke because it's X degree of easy or hard; you do it for the intended level of high. Same with drinking; if you drink for the buzz (I don't, but if one does) and you want a bigger buzz, then you drink a stronger beer or you go to a harder liquor.

You actually believe that people drink or smoke based on what level of effort is going to go into it? That's the most wacko thing I've heard all day. :cuckoo:

It's easier to get high than it is to get drunk. Why can't you at least acknowledge that?

all depends on the person.....i knew a guy who did not smoke pot because he said he did not get high,just a slight tink, but he sure put away the beers.....and got buzzed....

Here is the truth. I can drink a pint of beer and not be impaired I can't say the same if I even share a joint with 4 to 6 people.... so don't give me this shit that it is not as bad as booze. If pot is so fucking great why do you all have to lie about it?

tapatalk post

Last edited:
Here is the truth. I can drink a pint of beer and not be impaired I can't say the same if I even share a joint with 4 to 6 people.... so don't give me this shit that it is not as bad as booze. If pot is so fucking great why do you all have to lie about it?

tapatalk post

first off i dont think you have ever shared a joint with anyone,your knowledge of Pot just aint there......

If pot is so fucking great why do you all have to lie about it?

who is lying?....everyone is doing something you cant do,tell of personal experiences....or putting links up.....

tapatalk post

first off i dont think you have ever shared a joint with anyone,your knowledge of Pot just aint there......

who is lying?....everyone is doing something you cant do,tell of personal experiences....or putting links up.....

I have quite a bit of experience with pot and drugs and the havoc they cause to the family and friends. Pot is nothing more then a narcotic. It has no magical properties. It will never cure illness. It will always be harmful physically and mentally. It is a gateway drug even if it doesn't do so for everyone. There are far better drugs to handle pain and loss of appetite then pot. Also thc can be had in a pill with no need to smoke it without getting stoned so no need for medical pot. People who want legal pot need to first be honest about it. Is it a liberty issue? Sure but not all communities are going to se it the same. ... it isn't legalizing pot that bothers me it is the lies you all use to promote it.

tapatalk post

Once again... like the rest of your bullshit... where are your links?

So smoking weed doesn't kill brain cells?? That's a new one. Not as bad a legalizing pot won WWII, but in the same category of outrageous.
Yeah, it's SO outrageous to learn facts and history.

No, smoking marijuana does not kill brain cells.
In response to many negative claims against marijuana use, Morgan and Zimmer (1991) compiled existing literature and data into a single document in order to discredit what they felt were widespread myths about the drug.

One of these myths was that marijuana damages brain cells, and that this damage causes memory loss, cognitive impairment, and learning difficulties. They report that this claim is based on a study by Heath et. al (1980), in which structural changes in several regions of the brain were found in two rhesus monkeys exposed to THC, the active chemical in marijuana. These changes occurred primarily in the hippocampus, the area of the brain known to play an important role in learning and memory, which suggested that exposure to THC in humans would yield similar negative results.

However, according to Morgan and Zimmer, in order to achieve these damaging results, doses of up to 200 times the psychoactive dose in humans would have to be given. Even studies in which subjects were given 100 times the human dose failed to cause any structural impairment of the brain. Additionally, in a more recent study of rhesus monkeys by Slikker et. al (1992), in which the monkeys were exposed to the equivalent of 4-5 joints per day through face-mask inhalation for an entire year, seven months later there was no observed change in hippocampal structure, cell size, cell number, or synaptic configuration. As a result of these studies, Morgan and Zimmer concluded that the claim that marijuana causes physiological damage to brain cells is incorrect.
Does Marijuana Damage Brain Cells?

Yes, "Marihuana" helped America win World War II. What does this say?:
Hemp%20for%20Victory%20-%201942%20-%20Special%20tax%20stamp%20-%20producer%20of%20marihuana.jpg

https://archive.org/details/Hemp_for_victory_1942_FIXED

Producer of what? Marihuana. You're welcome.

You oughta try pot. It will make your whole world different. If you have not tried it, you are a psychedelic wallflower. :eek:

The affects of alcohol are more harmful to most people who abuse alcohol, however if you smoke pot, you have a greater likelihood of being a pothead than the likelihood of an alcohol drinker becoming an alcoholic. It doesn't matter if you don't get withdrawal from quiting pot (there is some evidence that people do btw), it's just as addictive as any narcotic.

No it's not, you're full of bullshit.

I know that's not erudite reasoning but it's the same level you're posting on so maybe it will sink in.

Okay sparky

Consuming a great amount of alcohol to get drunk requires effort, whereas smoking pot to get high doesn't require much effort at all. Would you agree with that assessment?

Let's highlight all the strife of humanity and make a choice between whether to smoke pot or get drunk. Really tough. :lol:

No it's not, you're full of bullshit.

I know that's not erudite reasoning but it's the same level you're posting on so maybe it will sink in.

Okay sparky

Let's highlight all the strife of humanity and make a choice between whether to smoke pot or get drunk. Really tough. :lol:

Drinking is legal smoking pot isn't in most states. Now if you were in Washington then it would be a valid delima

tapatalk post

tapatalk post

I have quite a bit of experience with pot and drugs and the havoc they cause to the family and friends. Pot is nothing more then a narcotic. It has no magical properties. It will never cure illness. It will always be harmful physically and mentally. It is a gateway drug even if it doesn't do so for everyone. There are far better drugs to handle pain and loss of appetite then pot. Also thc can be had in a pill with no need to smoke it without getting stoned so no need for medical pot. People who want legal pot need to first be honest about it. Is it a liberty issue? Sure but not all communities are going to se it the same. ... it isn't legalizing pot that bothers me it is the lies you all use to promote it.

tapatalk post

I count three lies in that paragraph alone. Four if I count "gateway drug" as two lies. one for each word. Can't say for sure that "I have quite a bit of experience" is a lie but that would be five.

tapatalk post

I count three lies in that paragraph alone. Four if I count "gateway drug" as two lies. one for each word. Can't say for sure that "I have quite a bit of experience" is a lie but that would be five.

Like I care what a whiney little bitch like you thinks. You lie like you breath constantly.

tapatalk post

tapatalk post

Like I care what a whiney little bitch like you thinks. You lie like you breath constantly.

tapatalk post

I 'breath' huh?
Where did I say I was posting that for you, dropout? Full of yourself much?

tapatalk post

I 'breath' huh?

Go back to sucking boops dick.

tapatalk post

tapatalk post

I 'breath' huh?

Go back to sucking boops dick.

tapatalk post

Here we see the inability of the reefer madness crowd to engage in rational thought. All they can do is melt into emotional basket-case diaper rashes.

Poster please. Grow up.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back