Questions on Decriminalization/Legalization movement

Don't be silly Harry. Normal body functions essential to staying alive are not "options".

I'm just saying that by accommodating this bullshit idea of "mental addiction" we feed and enable this myth that the ignorant like TheNutHouse wander around murmuring. People watch TV every night; they don't have to, but it qualifies just as much as this "mental addiction" idea. But take the TV away and there are no withdrawal symptoms; there's only an interruption in routine. So what? Routines get interrupted all the time, nothing wrong with that. Let's not melt down and pretend that watching TV, or Friday night pizza , or whatever it is, constitutes "addiction". It doesn't.

Comparing simple routines with, say, a heroin addict whose supply is interrupted and has genuine withdrawal changes, just cheapens the latter.

Totally and completely agree. I don't hear anyone calling for "TV" to be illegal, despite the fact that millions of people waste millions of precious hours watching mind melting reality TV shows that add absolutely NOTHING of value to the society at large. I would go out and say that 95% of what's on TV is not beneficial to the viewer, and that the 5% that is can easily be found elsewhere - directly - like on the internet.

But people like Katz and Thanatos - I believe - are extremely inconsistent and are willing to say that it's "your choice" if you want to waste away in front of a TV screen while at the same time say "it's not your choice" if you want to smoke pot.

I just want consistency, that's all. Is that way too much to ask for, dammit, lol??

If you don't want recreational drugs to be legal, then push to ban alcohol in addition to pot. Don't pick and choose. Justice isn't a pick and choose affair and only functions properly if the logic we apply to it is consistent, rational, and predictable.

Last edited:
TV isn't destablizing the economy of Mexico though...

Pay attention:

Anyone here care about Mexico's economy destabliizing because of the legalization issue causing prices to plummet? The violence there inreasing tensions and competititon between rival industries? That instability creating a perfect pocket for a back door terrorism issue for the US?

National security? ...

*Crickets...the sound of a bong gurgling...* *long exhale*...

Too stoned to put all the pieces of the puzzle together?

Pizza anyone? Doritos? Screw looking for work. Let's just put in a DVR of Dumb and Dumber and chillax for today.

Pay attention:

Anyone here care about Mexico's economy destabliizing because of the legalization issue causing prices to plummet? The violence there inreasing tensions and competititon between rival industries? That instability creating a perfect pocket for a back door terrorism issue for the US?

National security? ...

Pizza anyone? Doritos? Screw looking for work. Let's just put in a DVR of Dumb and Dumber and chillax for today.

You're saying Mexico should keep marijuana illegal because prohibition keeps "the price of marijuana high"? That makes no sense at all, silhouette. You're doing nothing more than complaining about the free market working out inefficiencies. That's silly.

Are you not a fan of the free market? Do you not like competition among businesses, allowing the prices to be lower for consumers? What's your angle here?

Last edited:

Pay attention:

National security? ...

You're saying Mexico should keep marijuana illegal because prohibition keeps "the price of marijuana high"? That makes no sense at all, silhouette. You're doing nothing more than complaining about the free market working out inefficiencies. That's silly.

Are you not a fan of the free market? Do you not like competition among businesses, allowing the prices to be lower for consumers? What's your angle here?

I have no idea what the point of that post was. :dunno:

Pay attention:

I have no idea what the point of that post was. :dunno:

Lol, I don't either.

Pay attention:

National security? ...

No, I'm saying that America should keep pot illegal for the sake of the Mexican economy which stayed afloat bouyed by the high prices of pot sales in the US BECAUSE it is illegal here..or was..

Trace back the timeline for the spike in violence and destabliizing of Mexico and I'll show you a timeline that directly correlates to the legalization of weed in the US.

Keeping weed illegal here helps restablize the Mexican economy. Black markets are still markets. This is Mexico we are talking about. Their economy wouldn't exist without black markets.

Keeping weed illegal will also make it more difficult for kids to come by since they are notoriously cash poor. More expensive weed equals less of them smoking it. It will also make adults think twice in this lame economy. But for those kids hellbent on getting at it, the mystique of it being "illegal and naughty/forbidden" will at least lure them into smoking it and not heroin or meth.

Stupid stoners cant' figure all this stuff out. It's like expecting the mental patients in a ward to figure out the best policies for their therapy and then dictating to the doctors and nurses "how it will be".. The patients aren't equipped with the tools necessary to ferret out their own cure..

Last edited:

National security? ...

What are you a Mexican National or something? Maybe a Mexican Pot Grower getting fat on America's youth?

How are the interest of the drug cartels served by using their drug trading route to facilitate terrorism in the USA, aka, their best customer.

National security? ...

What are you a Mexican National or something? Maybe a Mexican Pot Grower getting fat on America's youth?

How are the interest of the drug cartels served by using their drug trading route to facilitate terrorism in the USA, aka, their best customer.

Read my last post idiot. Then correct the mistakes you just made in misquoting me.

No, I'm saying that America should keep pot illegal for the sake of the Mexican economy which stayed afloat bouyed by the high prices of pot sales in the US BECAUSE it is illegal here..or was..

Trace back the timeline for the spike in violence and destabliizing of Mexico and I'll show you a timeline that directly correlates to the legalization of weed in the US.

Keeping weed illegal here helps restablize the Mexican economy. Black markets are still markets. This is Mexico we are talking about. Their economy wouldn't exist without black markets.

Keeping weed illegal will also make it more difficult for kids to come by since they are notoriously cash poor. More expensive weed equals less of them smoking it. It will also make adults think twice in this lame economy. But for those kids hellbent on getting at it, the mystique of it being "illegal and naughty/forbidden" will at least lure them into smoking it and not heroin or meth.

Who makes that money, Silhouette? It's criminals. All the (big) money filters back to ruthless, violent cartel leaders. The drug trade has made violent criminals into BILLIONAIRES.

So let me get this straight, you want marijuana to remain illegal in the US because you want pot prices to remain artificially high so that the drug cartels can continue to rake in large sums of money? Really? I mean, of all the arguments I've heard this one takes the cake for extreme absurdity.

I'm literally cracking a smile right now, I wish you could see it.

Stupid stoners cant' figure all this stuff out. It's like expecting the mental patients in a ward to figure out the best policies for their therapy and then dictating to the doctors and nurses "how it will be".. The patients aren't equipped with the tools necessary to ferret out their own cure..

You exude ignorance Silhouette. I'm sorry, but it's the truth. If anyone is "stupid" - here - it would be the person lobbying to keep the cartels and their giant bankrolls in tact vs. legalizing pot and filtering that money to hardworking, honest citizens.

Last edited:

I'm flabbergasted that Silhoette's rational for prohibition is that "the price" would drop (if it were to become legal) and that the violent, ruthless cartels would cease to make so much money. The status quo must not change!

That's like saying "don't legalize alcohol", the price will drop and Al Capone will no longer have so much money.

My mind is blown.

Last edited:
Don't be silly Harry. Normal body functions essential to staying alive are not "options".

I'm just saying that by accommodating this bullshit idea of "mental addiction" we feed and enable this myth that the ignorant like TheNutHouse wander around murmuring. People watch TV every night; they don't have to, but it qualifies just as much as this "mental addiction" idea. But take the TV away and there are no withdrawal symptoms; there's only an interruption in routine. So what? Routines get interrupted all the time, nothing wrong with that. Let's not melt down and pretend that watching TV, or Friday night pizza , or whatever it is, constitutes "addiction". It doesn't.

Comparing simple routines with, say, a heroin addict whose supply is interrupted and has genuine withdrawal changes, just cheapens the latter.

Totally and completely agree. I don't hear anyone calling for "TV" to be illegal, despite the fact that millions of people waste millions of precious hours watching mind melting reality TV shows that add absolutely NOTHING of value to the society at large. I would go out and say that 95% of what's on TV is not beneficial to the viewer, and that the 5% that is can easily be found elsewhere - directly - like on the internet.

But people like Katz and Thanatos - I believe - are extremely inconsistent and are willing to say that it's "your choice" if you want to waste away in front of a TV screen while at the same time say "it's not your choice" if you want to smoke pot.

I just want consistency, that's all. Is that way too much to ask for, dammit, lol??

If you don't want recreational drugs to be legal, then push to ban alcohol in addition to pot.
Don't pick and choose. Justice isn't a pick and choose affair and only functions properly if the logic we apply to it is consistent, rational, and predictable.

thats were i see Katz and Thanatos being hypocrites...Alcohol is fine because they both drink....but we are dealing with 2 pretty clueless people here.....Katz says being a drunk is ok....BECAUSE they can sober up if they need to.....while someone high is high for 3 weeks...now you see the mentality that people like Copernicus had to deal with.....its amazing that these kinds of mental giants are still with us today....

Pay attention:

Yeah...............black markets are still market, but you DO understand that black markets generate zero tax revenue for the government, right?

Tell ya what.................provide a link that we can verify as being from legitimate news to back up your bullshit allegations.

I think you're using a lot of words and concepts without fully understanding what you're talking about.

And...............fwiw...............cannabis is only legal in WA and CO. All the other states it must be prescribed by a physician.

And....................don't you think that if it was legal in all 50 states that it would be BETTER for Mexico? Why? Because if it was legal here in the U.S., trade could happen between Mexico and the US for cannabis, meaning that the drug cartels would lose out on their cash crop, and the law abiding (and tax paying) citizens could start growing it for sale.

Legalization here in the U.S. and in Mexico would only HELP both economies.

Pay attention:

Mexico is rich in natural resources,let them eradicate the drug lords and start putting their people to work and stabilize themselves.....im supposed to want to keep pot illegal here because of the fucking drug lords?.....fuck the the drug lords.....

Pay attention:

Umm... that hasn't happened. If it had this thread wouldn't exist.

:cuckoo:

I'm flabbergasted that Silhoette's rational for prohibition is that "the price" would drop (if it were to become legal) and that the violent, ruthless cartels would cease to make so much money. The status quo must not change!

That's like saying "don't legalize alcohol", the price will drop and Al Capone will no longer have so much money.

My mind is blown.

Yeah, that's a little weird.

If you don't want recreational drugs to be legal, then push to ban alcohol in addition to pot. Don't pick and choose. Justice isn't a pick and choose affair and only functions properly if the logic we apply to it is consistent, rational, and predictable.

Hi KW
I can think of lots of constructive ways TV can be used to counteract the ill effects of TV,
like promoting positive media outreach, public education, literacy and participation.

I am still trying to find a way that pot can be used constructively that can't ALSO be done safer or more effectively in other ways.

At this point, I believe the political focus, organization and push for reform and research can be used for good.

If all people who want to legalize pot were willing to set up their own health care exchanges to pay for all the research and consequences of brain abnormalities or damage,
maybe the plusses would be greater than the minusses; I think the issue is which people are willing to pay for the costs of the experiment or studies on that, similar to how many people are definitely opposed to paying for the cost of criminalization.

I think the main problem is, like with the ACA, we don't agree who should pay which costs of keeping the system as is or the cost of transition, reform or experimenting with changes.

I would be happy to pay into a system that covers all people who go through spiritual healing, reduce all causes and costs to a minimum, with all participants agreeing to help everyone else in the group to cut all costs and invest in only what is most effective and sustainable.

I would like to know what is the best way to separate out these systems so people can pay for what they believe in, including the costs of consequences, and not impose on people who would rather pay for other systems or standards, even if it costs them more.

How can we separate these out and quit imposing the costs and consequences on others?
That is the challenge I would like to propose to Party leaders and members; to take the enrollment concept used for ACA and adapt it to separate systems and funds by Party
under terms and regulations or deregulations that the members agree to be legally and financially responsible for without imposing any related costs or consequences on others.

Cannabis is not a drug, nor is it addictive. It is deliberately mischaracterized by the DEA.

Simple answer: government needs to stop lying about it.

Cannabis I a psychoactive drug. PERIOD.

Even casual pot smoking can have deleterious effects on one's brain... and pot is a gateway drug. Now, with that said, so is alcohol, on all levels. Pot should at the very least be decriminalized.

Hi KW
I can think of lots of constructive ways TV can be used to counteract the ill effects of TV,
like promoting positive media outreach, public education, literacy and participation.

I am still trying to find a way that pot can be used constructively that can't ALSO be done safer or more effectively in other ways.

At this point, I believe the political focus, organization and push for reform and research can be used for good.

If all people who want to legalize pot were willing to set up their own health care exchanges to pay for all the research and consequences of brain abnormalities or damage,
maybe the plusses would be greater than the minusses; I think the issue is which people are willing to pay for the costs of the experiment or studies on that, similar to how many people are definitely opposed to paying for the cost of criminalization.

I think the main problem is, like with the ACA, we don't agree who should pay which costs of keeping the system as is or the cost of transition, reform or experimenting with changes.

I would be happy to pay into a system that covers all people who go through spiritual healing, reduce all causes and costs to a minimum, with all participants agreeing to help everyone else in the group to cut all costs and invest in only what is most effective and sustainable.

I would like to know what is the best way to separate out these systems so people can pay for what they believe in, including the costs of consequences, and not impose on people who would rather pay for other systems or standards, even if it costs them more.

How can we separate these out and quit imposing the costs and consequences on others?
That is the challenge I would like to propose to Party leaders and members; to take the enrollment concept used for ACA and adapt it to separate systems and funds by Party
under terms and regulations or deregulations that the members agree to be legally and financially responsible for without imposing any related costs or consequences on others.

But respectfully, Emily, I again don't feel like this is necessary. Why does something have to net help society in $'s order for it to be legal? I don't think that's a condition for reality TV shows, or sports cars, or cheeseburgers, or cigarettes, or alcohol, etc - why does it have to be for marijuana?

Forum List

Back