Questions on Decriminalization/Legalization movement

People have been murdering and raping a long time as well should we legalize that?

tapatalk post

Victim.

That is the difference not that you seem to understand. Those crimes involve an unwilling 'participant' who is victimized. Since there is no unwilling victim in drug abuse, the entire analogy is asinine.

Your ignorance of how drugs addiction effects more then just you is astounding. ...... this country isn't ready for legal pot because of people like you

tapatalk post

but it is ready for alcohol which fucks up more people than Pot ever will....and Cigarets which is one of the most addicting and hard things to break away from....right?.... let me ask you Thanatos ....you ever smoke Pot?....and i dont mean ...yea i tried it.....i mean smoked for a while and knew others who did too...

All pot does is increase appetite.
Marijuana is an appetite stimulant. But succumbing to the "munchies" or not succumbing is a matter of personal will. The key to adequate self-control is to not become too "stoned," which is a mistake too many marijuana users make. For most this mistake is the result of the kind of public ignorance which is fostered by marijuana's illegal ("underground") status.

it sucks as a pain killer
Marijuana is not a substitute for opiates but it does effectively diminish certain types of relatively minor pain.

only fucking morons think a carcinogen is good for cancer.
Marijuana is not "good for cancer." But cancer patients who receive a certain type of chemotherapy are affected by severe nausea which prevents them from swallowing and digesting food. Marijuana is the only medication that bypasses this condition and enables them to eat.

To be blunt medical pot is based on lies
Whether or not you choose to believe that is your choice. But if you wish to educate yourself on this subject the facts are available in, Marijuana, The Forbidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, PhD, Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard Medical School. The book is available from Amazon.

Again -- your choice.

I have known many many people who smoked pot. Probably in the numbers of hundreds. I've seen young people die of heart attacks and strokes. I've seen men refuse to connect their inability to have sex with pot use or their suddenly appearing man boobs. I have guided many many mothers and fathers through divorce from a pothead spouse. I have even represented children fighting to leave pothead parents.

So yes I know a lot about pot addicts.

Victim.

That is the difference not that you seem to understand. Those crimes involve an unwilling 'participant' who is victimized. Since there is no unwilling victim in drug abuse, the entire analogy is asinine.

Your ignorance of how drugs addiction effects more then just you is astounding. ...... this country isn't ready for legal pot because of people like you

tapatalk post

but it is ready for alcohol which fucks up more people than Pot ever will....and Cigarets which is one of the most addicting and hard things to break away from....right?.... let me ask you Thanatos ....you ever smoke Pot?....and i dont mean ...yea i tried it.....i mean smoked for a while and knew others who did too...

Look at the little rant.......You dont like my opinion? To fucking bad.

It is all about getting stoned...... We have generations of people whose largest wish to be able to legally get stoned. Think about all the geniuses who honestly believe pot is good for you????? Cant have a 44OZ soda but smoking a fattie is a good thing! Fucking hypocrites.

Cutting the bullshit. Don't dress it up with a bunch of feel good bullshit. You changed dealers. It's about tapping the cash and not about improving the economy or putting Americans back to work in these tough times.

Disir, I completely disagree.

The old model was people in Mexico - for example - growing marijuana and then shipping it to the US through networks of criminals.

New model is law-abiding citizens (in Colorado, for example) growing marijana here in the US, shipping it through actual US companies, selling it in actual US stores, and making money that stays here instead of getting filtered back to the cartels across the border!

How on Earth can you assert this isn't about "improving the economy" and "putting Americans back to work"???!!

Kevin,

I know you disagree. Simply because you have decided that this is to be a new model does not mean that is how it will play out. There are several factors at play that have not been addressed. Further, you're not damaging the cartels because that ain't where the money's at.

How much does a counter job pay? About as much as a counter job at a liquor store? A smoke shop? That's like Texas talking about how well their economy is doing from the perspective of a corporation and neglecting the fact that the jobs are minimum wage.

So what that people want the cash? A dealer is a dealer is a dealer. They don't make their cash by people not using. They have zero interest in clean up on aisle 9.
They don't have to and don't want to deal with any of the repercussions. Like it or not-every time that there is a new law or one that is repealed then there are new issues created that have to be dealt with. Half of which wouldn't exist had the conversations been extended beyond what had been proposed to begin with (any law).

It's like there is this need to latch on to something holy to make it legit.

And it isn't necessary to attempt to add a layer of sophistication to the cereal eating, game playing pot heads. They get high to relax in the privacy of their own homes and do what they like. That is what they like. They aren't out carjacking. They aren't beating their significant others. They are sitting in their living rooms playing video games and eating Captain Crunch.

Yes we see just how good.

people have been doing drugs a long time Katz....it is not something that just started in the last few years.....when your out in a crowd many of those people may smoke Pot at the house.....many are pretty successful at what they do too.....

People have been murdering and raping a long time as well should we legalize that?

tapatalk post

smoking a joint does not equate to murder or rape....derp. Just like drinking a beer does not equate to murder or rape....

Cutting the bullshit. Don't dress it up with a bunch of feel good bullshit. You changed dealers. It's about tapping the cash and not about improving the economy or putting Americans back to work in these tough times.

Disir, I completely disagree.

The old model was people in Mexico - for example - growing marijuana and then shipping it to the US through networks of criminals.

New model is law-abiding citizens (in Colorado, for example) growing marijana here in the US, shipping it through actual US companies, selling it in actual US stores, and making money that stays here instead of getting filtered back to the cartels across the border!

How on Earth can you assert this isn't about "improving the economy" and "putting Americans back to work"???!!

Kevin,

I know you disagree. Simply because you have decided that this is to be a new model does not mean that is how it will play out. There are several factors at play that have not been addressed. Further, you're not damaging the cartels because that ain't where the money's at.

How much does a counter job pay? About as much as a counter job at a liquor store? A smoke shop? That's like Texas talking about how well their economy is doing from the perspective of a corporation and neglecting the fact that the jobs are minimum wage.

So what that people want the cash? A dealer is a dealer is a dealer. They don't make their cash by people not using. They have zero interest in clean up on aisle 9.
They don't have to and don't want to deal with any of the repercussions. Like it or not-every time that there is a new law or one that is repealed then there are new issues created that have to be dealt with. Half of which wouldn't exist had the conversations been extended beyond what had been proposed to begin with (any law).

It's like there is this need to latch on to something holy to make it legit.

And it isn't necessary to attempt to add a layer of sophistication to the cereal eating, game playing pot heads. They get high to relax in the privacy of their own homes and do what they like. That is what they like. They aren't out carjacking. They aren't beating their significant others. They are sitting in their living rooms playing video games and eating Captain Crunch.

I prefer Great Grains...helps me poop..

It is all about getting stoned...... We have generations of people whose largest wish to be able to legally get stoned. Think about all the geniuses who honestly believe pot is good for you????? Cant have a 44OZ soda but smoking a fattie is a good thing! Fucking hypocrites.

What pot smoker stops you from having an extra large soda?

I have known many many people who smoked pot. Probably in the numbers of hundreds. I've seen young people die of heart attacks and strokes. I've seen men refuse to connect their inability to have sex with pot use or their suddenly appearing man boobs. I have guided many many mothers and fathers through divorce from a pothead spouse. I have even represented children fighting to leave pothead parents.

I got big boobs from weight lifting...Pot actually arouses me more.
How many divorces have you represented for non-pot users, ahem, considering you stated before that you worked at a public school in the cafeteria.....
I've seen people die of heart attacks from exercising, must be bad for ya...

Jonathan Adkins, deputy executive director of the Governors Highway Safety Association, told HealthDay News that marijuana impairs driving in much the same way that alcohol does.

Total bullshit.

This "article" is so filled with misinformation its unbelievable.

Among other misinformation?

TOXICITY TESTS for marijuana?

Marijuana is non toxic so toxicity testing is impossible.

Likewise becoming inTOXICated with MJ is likewise impossible.

When it comes to MJ expect nothing but LIES from those who object to it.

I've been reading their LIES for the last 50 years, folks.

Lies lies and more lies

yea your amazing extreme stories back that up.....i was involved with Pot for 30 years and never seen some kid die of a heart attack or stroke because of Pot....but i have seen kids who smoked Pot but also did speed have heart problems,but never died.....and Pot made all the guys i know more horny.....and out side of overweight guys....never saw a thin Pot smoker with Man boobs".....

I have guided many many mothers and fathers through divorce from a pothead spouse. I have even represented children fighting to leave pothead parents.

yea im sure you have....but there was no other drugs involved right?....you know like alcohol or Harder drugs?......it was all because Pot.....

tapatalk post

Look at the little rant.......You dont like my opinion? To fucking bad.

and if you dont like my opinion...fuck you too.....now why did you not answer my question?....

What pot smoker stops you from having an extra large soda?

there are none unless Bloomberg smokes it....

yea your amazing extreme stories back that up.....i was involved with Pot for 30 years and never seen some kid die of a heart attack or stroke because of Pot....but i have seen kids who smoked Pot but also did speed have heart problems,but never died.....and Pot made all the guys i know more horny.....and out side of overweight guys....never saw a thin Pot smoker with Man boobs".....

I have guided many many mothers and fathers through divorce from a pothead spouse. I have even represented children fighting to leave pothead parents.

yea im sure you have....but there was no other drugs involved right?....you know like alcohol or Harder drugs?......it was all because Pot.....

Marijuana Said to Trigger Heart Attacks

Marijuana Linked to Increased Stroke Risk | TIME.com

Take this Marijuana Message to Heart
These kids who drop dead playing football or running track with no apparent cause. Bet you they smoke pot.

Potheads are like all other drug addicts, they will do everything to justify their addiction and dismiss everything telling them how dangerous it is as lies. It's part of the nature of addiction. The more facts they are presented, the harder they fight. Everyone is lying but the compulsion to use. Alcoholics will argue forever that their liver damage wasn't caused by alcohol.

Pot makes some people psychotic. It's bad enough that many people with mental health issues in this country don't receive aqueduct treatment. We don't need legalization/decriminalization of pot to make things worse.

Marijuana Said to Trigger Heart Attacks

Marijuana Linked to Increased Stroke Risk | TIME.com

Take this Marijuana Message to Heart
These kids who drop dead playing football or running track with no apparent cause. Bet you they smoke pot.

Potheads are like all other drug addicts, they will do everything to justify their addiction and dismiss everything telling them how dangerous it is as lies. It's part of the nature of addiction. The more facts they are presented, the harder they fight. Everyone is lying but the compulsion to use. Alcoholics will argue forever that their liver damage wasn't caused by alcohol.

those kids also do other things too Katz....of course all you do is focus on the pot.....for everyone of those links you put up there are just as many countering them as has been pointed out to you in just about every thread about Pot that you have been in....but hardheaded anti-pot people like yourself will do everything to justify their opposition and dismiss everything telling them that what they believe just might be some bullshit itself....its part of the nature of being a close minded ignorant fuck.....the more facts people like you are shown,the harder you fight....

Pot makes some people psychotic. It's bad enough that many people with mental health issues in this country don't receive aqueduct treatment. We don't need legalization/decriminalization of pot to make things worse.

"Psychotic"? :lol: I haven't heard that claim since Harry Anslinger. You're in highly questionable company.

But I love the idea of aqueduct treatment. Gets rid of those water-borne Roman bacteria.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ExWfh6sGyso"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ExWfh6sGyso[/ame]

"Psychotic"? :lol: I haven't heard that claim since Harry Anslinger. You're in highly questionable company.

But I love the idea of aqueduct treatment. Gets rid of those water-borne Roman bacteria.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ExWfh6sGyso"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ExWfh6sGyso[/ame]

I meant adequate:lol:

Psychosis Triggered by Smoking Pot? Marijuana Study Says Yes - CBS News

Couldn't find a link to the study, however it's out there.

I meant adequate:lol:

Psychosis Triggered by Smoking Pot? Marijuana Study Says Yes - CBS News

Couldn't find a link to the study, however it's out there.
Rocko,

Apply a little common sense to this example of updated Reefer Madness nonsense. If there were any truth to the suggestion that marijuana causes psychosis the streets of America would be filled with raving lunatics.

Just because that nonsense was presented by some NIDA shill on CBS doesn't make it credible. Credentialed MDs who put forth such misleading propaganda do so in exchange for research grants or participation in some government program.

Think!

Forum List

Back