Questions on Decriminalization/Legalization movement

The War on Drugs is an effort by Neocons and Progressives to keep as many black people in jail as possible, denying their ability to vote and bear firearms.

Uhh.... yyyeaah, sure. That's why it was started by that Neocon "Progressive", Richard Nixon.

So you're saying only black people use drugs?

Wacko.

Dude, you may want to click the needle on your sarcasm detector, it's not working.

The War on Drugs is an effort by Neocons and Progressives to keep as many black people in jail as possible, denying their ability to vote and bear firearms.

Uhh.... yyyeaah, sure. That's why it was started by that Neocon "Progressive", Richard Nixon.

Wacko.

Dude, you may want to click the needle on your sarcasm detector, it's not working.

Uh- I wasn't 'detecting' sarcasm there; I was dishing it out.

Wacko.

Uh- I wasn't 'detecting' sarcasm there; I was dishing it out.

Ahhh, I get it now. Sarcasm as not getting sarcasm. Wow, that is funny...

:eusa_clap:

Last edited:
Pot makes some people psychotic. It's bad enough that many people with mental health issues in this country don't receive aqueduct treatment. We don't need legalization/decriminalization of pot to make things worse.

Government making everyone's choices for them because some people will make poor ones, that's certainly a legitimate and Constitutional use of government guns to make life better for us all...

Pot makes some people psychotic. It's bad enough that many people with mental health issues in this country don't receive aqueduct treatment. We don't need legalization/decriminalization of pot to make things worse.

Government making everyone's choices for them because some people will make poor ones, that's certainly a legitimate and Constitutional use of government guns to make life better for us all...

Wait wait, don't tell me....

Sarcasm, right?

:D

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
How about we just legalize pot without all the gay "addiction" treatment, I would support that.

Wait wait, don't tell me....

Sarcasm, right?

:D

Sir yes sir! Glad you got that detector fixed!

So if you want legalization, do you agree to pay for the consequences, the costs, or health care treatment of any such person with personality disorders who gets addicted?

[...]
Marijuana was decriminalized throughout the 1970s in New York City, meaning the laws remained on the books but were administratively suspended except for sale or distribution to minors, public sale, public use, and DUI. The police were told not waste patrol time with petty marijuana arrests, so possession of less than two ounces was a summons offense and the penalty was a $25 fine. That's if a cop really wanted to bother with it, which none of them did.

Back then head shops were all over the place and most of them would sell weed if they knew you. Sears and E.J. Korvette sold bongs, pipes, screens, and rolling papers in their tobacco departments. Everyone knew at least three or four dealers, most of whom were back-yard growers. (I knew a fellow who had a little pot farm growing on his brownstone rooftop.) The average price for an ounce of low-grade ("ditchweed") pot was $20. Today the average price is $250. Back then the average price for an ounce of high-grade sinsemilla ("primo") was between $50 and $80. Today that same quality is called "lawyer bud" and costs upward of $400.

Back then on a stroll through Tompkins Square Park (in Greenwich Village) on a Sunday afternoon one would see people sitting on benches chatting peacefully and passing a joint. There were dealers there selling high-quality joints for $1. Beat cops would stroll through that park and as long as there were no minors involved the cops wouldn't bother anyone.

There was a coffee shop called Feenjon on the triangular corner of Barrow Street and Seventh Avenue in Greenwich Village. Tables lined the windows along both sides and in summer there were sidewalk tables outside. It was common to pass by and see people chatting quietly and smoking pot over coffee. It was no big deal. No one paid attention to it -- including passing cops. It was as normal as passing by a bar and seeing people inside drinking liquor and beer.

The bottom line to all of the above is crime was down during the 70s in New York and there were absolutely no negative social effects resulting from that tolerant policy. Then came Ronald Reagan and his ditzy, Quaalude-addicted-bitch wife and the hammer came down. The peaceful tolerance ended, the crime rate soared, and riots broke out in the City's overcrowded prisons.

I no longer live in New York but I hope for the sake of those who do that the new mayor, DiBlasio, will decriminalize marijuana. Because the City was a much better place back then and will be again. In fact America will be a much better place if marijuana prohibition is repealed.

Rocko, that's the reasoning they used in the 1930's (as I'm sure you've heard) with reefer madness. I thought that we had come a long way since that movie but you're proving me wrong.

Marijuana is everywhere, and everyone smokes it. If it made people psychotic we would know about it pretty concretely by now, just as if alcohol or coffee made people permanently psychotic.

Last edited:

Rocko, that's the reasoning they used in the 1930's (as I'm sure you've heard) with reefer madness. I thought that we had come a long way since that movie but you're proving me wrong.

Marijuana is everywhere, and everyone smokes it. If it made people psychotic we would know about it pretty concretely by now, just as if alcohol or coffee made people permanently psychotic.

It doesn't make everyone psychotic, but it has been known to trigger psychotic episodes in people with mental disorders. Numerous studies have shown that.

People have been murdering and raping a long time as well should we legalize that?

tapatalk post

Victim.

That is the difference not that you seem to understand. Those crimes involve an unwilling 'participant' who is victimized. Since there is no unwilling victim in drug abuse, the entire analogy is asinine.

Your ignorance of how drugs addiction effects more then just you is astounding. ...... this country isn't ready for legal pot because of people like you

tapatalk post
Being an asshole affects more than just you. That does not mean that there are victims involved. Are you incapable of coherent thought?

There are no victims with drug abuse, that is a cold hard fact - one that those advocating locking people up for harming themselves simply cannot come to grips with.

Victim.

That is the difference not that you seem to understand. Those crimes involve an unwilling 'participant' who is victimized. Since there is no unwilling victim in drug abuse, the entire analogy is asinine.

Your ignorance of how drugs addiction effects more then just you is astounding. ...... this country isn't ready for legal pot because of people like you

tapatalk post
Being an asshole affects more than just you. That does not mean that there are victims involved. Are you incapable of coherent thought?

There are no victims with drug abuse, that is a cold hard fact - one that those advocating locking people up for harming themselves simply cannot come to grips with.

the fucker never answered my question either.....i wonder why?...

So if you want legalization, do you agree to pay for the consequences, the costs, or health care treatment of any such person with personality disorders who gets addicted?

[...]
Marijuana was decriminalized throughout the 1970s in New York City, meaning the laws remained on the books but were administratively suspended except for sale or distribution to minors, public sale, public use, and DUI. The police were told not waste patrol time with petty marijuana arrests, so possession of less than two ounces was a summons offense and the penalty was a $25 fine. That's if a cop really wanted to bother with it, which none of them did.

Back then head shops were all over the place and most of them would sell weed if they knew you. Sears and E.J. Korvette sold bongs, pipes, screens, and rolling papers in their tobacco departments. Everyone knew at least three or four dealers, most of whom were back-yard growers. (I knew a fellow who had a little pot farm growing on his brownstone rooftop.) The average price for an ounce of low-grade ("ditchweed") pot was $20. Today the average price is $250. Back then the average price for an ounce of high-grade sinsemilla ("primo") was between $50 and $80. Today that same quality is called "lawyer bud" and costs upward of $400.

Back then on a stroll through Tompkins Square Park (in Greenwich Village) on a Sunday afternoon one would see people sitting on benches chatting peacefully and passing a joint. There were dealers there selling high-quality joints for $1. Beat cops would stroll through that park and as long as there were no minors involved the cops wouldn't bother anyone.

There was a coffee shop called Feenjon on the triangular corner of Barrow Street and Seventh Avenue in Greenwich Village. Tables lined the windows along both sides and in summer there were sidewalk tables outside. It was common to pass by and see people chatting quietly and smoking pot over coffee. It was no big deal. No one paid attention to it -- including passing cops. It was as normal as passing by a bar and seeing people inside drinking liquor and beer.

The bottom line to all of the above is crime was down during the 70s in New York and there were absolutely no negative social effects resulting from that tolerant policy. Then came Ronald Reagan and his ditzy, Quaalude-addicted-bitch wife and the hammer came down. The peaceful tolerance ended, the crime rate soared, and riots broke out in the City's overcrowded prisons.

I no longer live in New York but I hope for the sake of those who do that the new mayor, DiBlasio, will decriminalize marijuana. Because the City was a much better place back then and will be again. In fact America will be a much better place if marijuana prohibition is repealed.

Low grade is called reggie now and high grade is called dank......

Last edited:
Let's make this as simple as possible.

The National Institutes of Health report that marijuana is medicine.
Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute

The DEA says that marijuana is not medicine.
Resources - Controlled Substance Schedules

Let's ask the American people. Who do you believe is more qualified to say what is or is not medicine? Cops or doctors?
Who cares?

While a valid point I think it can be made simpler. Who is qualified to dertermine what you eat and smoke?

You. That's it.

Yeah, except there are warning labels on anything dangerous to tell you that if you ingest it, you will die.

No one has died from ingesting marijuana. Ever.

Yeah, except there are warning labels on anything dangerous to tell you that if you ingest it, you will die.

No one has died from ingesting marijuana. Ever.

You don't know that so why lie?

tapatalk post

Yes, actually we do. We know this because the effects have been thoroughly studied and MJ is not toxic. That is well known to anyone that is willing to look at the facts.

You would sooner choke on weed before it would kill you from toxicity or OD.

Really, when the case for keeping MJ illegal is completely based on a constant stream of misinformation it really shows how asinine our drug laws are.

It doesn't make everyone psychotic, but it has been known to trigger psychotic episodes in people with mental disorders. Numerous studies have shown that.

Can't the same be said about having kids, a bad marriage, a bad breakup, alcohol, video games, movies, music, etc?

This is not grounds to prohibit the drug. It's not responsible for the existence of people with mental disorders who may react to various stimuli.

Forum List

Back