Questions.....RE: The Greenhouse Effect

That the sun is radiating down at -18C is not my claim...it is the claim being made by climate science

It should be easy for you to provide a "climate science source" that says the sun is radiating down at -18C.

....how many times do you need to be told that

I only need a single source that claims that. Besides you.
Rat hole, and no class

But enough about you.
do you know what this image represents?
1.png

So curious, do you believe the baffles make the object their cooling hotter?

Why, should they?
they're radiating right?

Is that all they're doing?

Rat hole, and no class

But enough about you.
1.png

Why, should they?
they're radiating right?

they're radiating correct? which direction are they radiating? are they cooler than the object? do they radiate at the object.

See the black arrow?...while it says nothing about the radiation the sun itself is emitting.

When you said the Sun was radiating 239.7W/m2, you were wrong. Got it. Moron.

Sorry...I thought you were bright enough to realize that the greenhouse effect is about energy being absorbed by the earth and not the radiation emitting from the surface of the sun....turns out that you are every bit the moron I thought you were...

Radiation that reaches the surface is different than that radiated by the Sun, as you first claimed. Got it. Moron.

You really think being that stupid and dishonest is cute?...geez you get stupider all the time...

See the black arrow?...while it says nothing about the radiation the sun itself is emitting.

Sorry...I thought you were bright enough to realize that the greenhouse effect is about energy being absorbed by the earth and not the radiation emitting from the surface of the sun....turns out that you are every bit the moron I thought you were...

Radiation that reaches the surface is different than that radiated by the Sun, as you first claimed. Got it. Moron.

You really think being that stupid and dishonest is cute?...geez you get stupider all the time...
don't you just love his art of dragging threads into a rat hole? he is a clever rat.

don't you just love his art of dragging threads into a rat hole? he is a clever rat.

He isn't clever...he is immature...and just plain stupid....his arguments stink of preadolescence.....and in all the time I have been here, I don't think I have ever seen him actually defend an idea.....juvenile one liners is about all he is capable of and the really sad thing is that apparently he thinks it makes him cute....again, just like a child doing something stupid thinks it is being cute...

Sorry...I thought you were bright enough to realize that the greenhouse effect is about energy being absorbed by the earth and not the radiation emitting from the surface of the sun....

So why do you claim the radiator was -18C?

You know, you said two radiators at -18C can't warm something above -18C.
Which two radiators did you mean?

He isn't clever...he is immature...and just plain stupid....his arguments stink of preadolescence.....and in all the time I have been here, I don't think I have ever seen him actually defend an idea.....juvenile one liners is about all he is capable of and the really sad thing is that apparently he thinks it makes him cute....again, just like a child doing something stupid thinks it is being cute...

Did you ever defend your idea that photons from the cooler surface of the Sun can't move toward the hotter corona?
It seems like you're avoiding the topic. I know why. LOL!

But enough about you.
1.png

Why, should they?
they're radiating right?

they're radiating correct? which direction are they radiating? are they cooler than the object? do they radiate at the object.

they're radiating correct?

They are radiating. What else are they doing to shed heat?

exactly, he promotes his style for everyone but him to ever produce any link. I don't think I can remember a link from him. Basically, just his one liners. like,...'sure it is show me' type of replies. It's hilarious his rat hole. It must be very large. especially in this thread, old socks clearly posted the university images, and he ignored it is all I guess. then the one liners back and forth that got us absolutely nowhere, his rat hole. funny stuff.

Sorry...I thought you were bright enough to realize that the greenhouse effect is about energy being absorbed by the earth and not the radiation emitting from the surface of the sun....

Simple....I thought you were smart enough to grasp the meaning of what I was saying...no one else was as far behind the curve as you...my apologies...I gave your intelligence more credit than it deserved...

1.png

Why, should they?
they're radiating right?

tell me

Did you ever defend your idea that photons from the cooler surface of the Sun can't move toward the hotter corona?

Of course I did...sorry that you didn't like the explanation....

again, as I posted before, show us them moving spontaneously, post that link you reference.

Simple....I thought you were smart enough to grasp the meaning of what I was saying...no one else was as far behind the curve as you...my apologies...I gave your intelligence more credit than it deserved...

I thought you were smart enough to grasp the meaning of what I was saying

You said two radiators were radiating at -18C.
What two radiators did you mean?
Spell it out, for the rest of the class.......

...no one else was as far behind the curve as you..

I've been pointing out your errors, so you're further behind.
JC has less of a clue than you, so he's even further behind.

exactly, he promotes his style for everyone but him to ever produce any link. I don't think I can remember a link from him. Basically, just his one liners. like,...'sure it is show me' type of replies. It's hilarious his rat hole. It must be very large. especially in this thread, old socks clearly posted the university images, and he ignored it is all I guess. then the one liners back and forth that got us absolutely nowhere, his rat hole. funny stuff.

that's why I keep him on ignore most of the time...if he ever had anything to actually say I might talk to him more often...I have grandchildren who can bore me with why?why?why? to the point of exhaustion which is OK because I love them...toddster...he is just a juvenile who I don't really give a shit about....

Why, should they?
they're radiating right?

tell me

The metal is conducting heat away. That's why they use metal in heat sinks.
Does a better job than just radiating.

Of course I did...sorry that you didn't like the explanation....

You said something about work, but as you know, there is no fusion at the surface.
So how does work, thousands of miles away allow photons to travel toward hotter matter?
Spell out your theory.

that's why I keep him on ignore most of the time...if he ever had anything to actually say I might talk to him more often...I have grandchildren who can bore me with why?why?why? to the point of exhaustion which is OK because I love them...toddster...he is just a juvenile who I don't really give a shit about....

Do your grandchildren also poke holes in your claims? LOL!

The concept of the S-B law is simple, but the actual calculation is complex.

For example, take a rectangular room with a lamp in it. The spot(s) on the wall closest to the lamp, at right angles, gets the most illumination. All other spots get less, they vary by distance and angle. This does not change the lamp or its output. Likewise the Sun is not changed by our distance from it, but the amount of radiation we receive is. The angle is also important. The poles receive less than the equator.

You cannot derive the temperature of a radiating object by the amount you are receiving, only by the type of radiation you are receiving.

Some people think you can raise the temperature of a small object to hotter than the Sun by concentrating sunlight via some mixture of mirrors or magnifying glasses. This is wrong. Right next to the Sun's surface is the strongest intensity possible, therefore the hottest temperature. The Sun's radiation at its surface is also diffuse, therefore no magnification is possible. Mirrors go in both directions therefore as the smaller object approaches the Sun's temperature it is radiating almost as much as it is receiving.

Hopefully that clears that topic out.

Forum List

Back