Questions.....RE: The Greenhouse Effect

The heat sink makes the object cooler, not warmer. And?
so, if the atmosphere acts as a heat sink, it cools the earth surface, not warm it.

You aren't going to confuse a metal heat sink that cools mostly by conduction with our atmosphere, are you?
You know that the metal fins on your heat sink send photons in all directions, even back toward the hot object.
so are you saying the surface and the atmosphere don't touch?

No.
Are you saying the fins don't radiate back to the source?
sort of goes against the objective of cooling the object.

Yup. Sometimes physics works against you.

ok, I missed it then. thanks. BTW since you agree it is radiating, is it making the object warmer?

And what do you supposed is the purpose of the heat sink? To slow the heat off the object or to get rid of heat as quickly as it can.

since you agree it is radiating, is it making the object warmer?

Warmer than what?

And what do you supposed is the purpose of the heat sink?

To remove heat.

To slow the heat off the object or to get rid of heat as quickly as it can.

To get rid of heat as quickly as it can
so, finally getting somewhere, thank you. Ok, so you asked warmer than what. who knows, the object is to cool it not slow the rate of emittance off the object.

The device acts like our atmoshpere is supposed to. The atmosphere is the surface's heat sink.

so, if the atmosphere acts as a heat sink, it cools the earth surface, not warm it.

You aren't going to confuse a metal heat sink that cools mostly by conduction with our atmosphere, are you?
You know that the metal fins on your heat sink send photons in all directions, even back toward the hot object.
are you saying there isn't conduction going on in our atmosphere? wow.

since you agree it is radiating, is it making the object warmer?

Warmer than what?

And what do you supposed is the purpose of the heat sink?

To remove heat.

To slow the heat off the object or to get rid of heat as quickly as it can.

To get rid of heat as quickly as it can
so, finally getting somewhere, thank you. Ok, so you asked warmer than what. who knows, the object is to cool it not slow the rate of emittance off the object.

The device acts like our atmoshpere is supposed to. The atmosphere is the surface's heat sink.

Nope. Never said that. Not even once.

No.

maybe you will find a time when that happens. but for now, I'm good. heat sink cools and the surface is cooled by the atmosphere.

You aren't going to confuse a metal heat sink that cools mostly by conduction with our atmosphere, are you

dude you said it right here!!!!!

No.

maybe you will find a time when that happens. but for now, I'm good. heat sink cools and the surface is cooled by the atmosphere.

And the atmosphere radiates, even back toward the surface.

No.

sure it does. If you haven't noticed, I don't go with that one. So, what you gonna do? And BTW, the atmosphere is a heat sink.

Sorry...I thought you were bright enough to realize that the greenhouse effect is about energy being absorbed by the earth and not the radiation emitting from the surface of the sun....turns out that you are every bit the moron I thought you were...

You really think being that stupid and dishonest is cute?...geez you get stupider all the time...

Sorry...I thought you were bright enough to realize that the greenhouse effect is about energy being absorbed by the earth and not the radiation emitting from the surface of the sun....

So why do you claim the radiator was -18C?

You know, you said two radiators at -18C can't warm something above -18C.
Which two radiators did you mean?

Simple....I thought you were smart enough to grasp the meaning of what I was saying...no one else was as far behind the curve as you...my apologies...I gave your intelligence more credit than it deserved...

I thought you were smart enough to grasp the meaning of what I was saying

You said two radiators were radiating at -18C.
What two radiators did you mean?
Spell it out, for the rest of the class.......

...no one else was as far behind the curve as you..

I've been pointing out your errors, so you're further behind.
JC has less of a clue than you, so he's even further behind.
actually SSDD stated the universities showed two radiators in their drawing. I see you continue to misrepresent that. How unusual from a guy like you?

actually SSDD stated the universities showed two radiators in their drawing

He said the 2 sources of downward radiation were both at -18C.
The university didn't say that.
He also said 2 radiators at -18C can't heat the Earth any warmer than -18C.
The University didn't say that.

FYI, there are 3 radiators in the drawing.

But the radiation from one is invisible to the atmosphere....the sun doesn't warm the atmosphere directly...

You aren't going to confuse a metal heat sink that cools mostly by conduction with our atmosphere, are you

You aren't confusing one thing, a metal heat sink that cools mostly by conduction, compared to something that is completely different than a metal heat sink, our atmosphere, are you?

No.

sure it does. If you haven't noticed, I don't go with that one. So, what you gonna do? And BTW, the atmosphere is a heat sink.

If you haven't noticed, I don't go with that one.

Yes, I've noticed your problem with basic physics.

And BTW, the atmosphere is a heat sink.

Are you under the impression that heat sinks don't radiate?

You aren't confusing one thing, a metal heat sink that cools mostly by conduction, compared to something that is completely different than a metal heat sink, our atmosphere, are you?
nope not at all. Are you saying that the atmosphere doesn't touch the surface and that the atmosphere is warmer than the surface?

not at all, I bet they are quite hot, since it is their purpose.

So now you're at the part where you think the heat sink, the device to cool an object warms up the object. excuse me while I chuckle at you.

Sorry...I thought you were bright enough to realize that the greenhouse effect is about energy being absorbed by the earth and not the radiation emitting from the surface of the sun....

So why do you claim the radiator was -18C?

You know, you said two radiators at -18C can't warm something above -18C.
Which two radiators did you mean?

Simple....I thought you were smart enough to grasp the meaning of what I was saying...no one else was as far behind the curve as you...my apologies...I gave your intelligence more credit than it deserved...

I thought you were smart enough to grasp the meaning of what I was saying

You said two radiators were radiating at -18C.
What two radiators did you mean?
Spell it out, for the rest of the class.......

...no one else was as far behind the curve as you..

I've been pointing out your errors, so you're further behind.
JC has less of a clue than you, so he's even further behind.
actually SSDD stated the universities showed two radiators in their drawing. I see you continue to misrepresent that. How unusual from a guy like you?

actually SSDD stated the universities showed two radiators in their drawing

He said the 2 sources of downward radiation were both at -18C.
The university didn't say that.
He also said 2 radiators at -18C can't heat the Earth any warmer than -18C.
The University didn't say that.

FYI, there are 3 radiators in the drawing.

But the radiation from one is invisible to the atmosphere....the sun doesn't warm the atmosphere directly...

One arrow is the Sun radiating to the surface. One arrow is the surface radiating to the atmosphere.
And, of course, the atmosphere radiates toward the surface and toward space.

nope not at all. Are you saying that the atmosphere doesn't touch the surface and that the atmosphere is warmer than the surface?

Are you saying that the atmosphere doesn't touch the surface

Why would I say something like that? Of course it touches the surface.

and that the atmosphere is warmer than the surface?

Are you talking about the surface of the Earth or the surface of the heat sink from your diagram?

Are you talking about the surface of the Earth or the surface of the heat sink from your diagram?
the surface of the earth since I was discussing the atmosphere. you really do have a hard time following along.

So now you're at the part where you think the heat sink, the device to cool an object warms up the object. excuse me while I chuckle at you.

So now you're at the part where you think the heat sink, the device to cool an object warms up the object.

Are you at the part where you think the heat sink refuses to radiate toward the hotter object?

the surface of the earth since I was discussing the atmosphere. you really do have a hard time following along.

was that arrow pointing to the sky present in that document?

Yes.

the surface of the earth since I was discussing the atmosphere.

Sometimes the surface is warmer than the atmosphere, sometimes cooler, sometimes the temperatures are the same.

So now you're at the part where you think the heat sink, the device to cool an object warms up the object.

Are you at the part where you think the heat sink refuses to radiate toward the hotter object?
it does? show me.

Yes.

Sometimes the surface is warmer than the atmosphere, sometimes cooler, sometimes the temperatures are the same.
when is it cooler than the atmosphere?

Yes.

when is it cooler than the atmosphere?

Rare temperature inversions...usually when warm air masses move over ice or snow...

Forum List

Back