Questions Rebels Use to Tell Sunni From Shiite

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Imagine having to live among these savages if you are a non Sunni.

By ALISSA J. RUBINJUNE 24, 2014

BAGHDAD — Whether a person is a Shiite or a Sunni Muslim in Iraq can now be, quite literally, a matter of life and death.

As the militant group the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, has seized vast territories in western and northern Iraq, there have been frequent accounts of fighters’ capturing groups of people and releasing the Sunnis while the Shiites are singled out for execution.

ISIS believes that the Shiites are apostates and must die in order to forge a pure form of Islam. The two main branches of Islam diverge in their beliefs over who is the true inheritor of the mantle of the Prophet Muhammad. The Shiites believe that Islam was transmitted through the household of the Prophet Muhammad. Sunnis believe that it comes down through followers of the Prophet Muhammad who, they say, are his chosen people.

Continue reading at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/25/w...lps-rebels-tell-sunnis-from-shiites.html?_r=3

BAGHDAD — Whether a person is a Shiite or a Sunni Muslim in Iraq can now be, quite literally, a matter of life and death.

As the militant group the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, has seized vast territories in western and northern Iraq, there have been frequent accounts of fighters’ capturing groups of people and releasing the Sunnis while the Shiites are singled out for execution.

ISIS believes that the Shiites are apostates and must die in order to forge a pure form of Islam. The two main branches of Islam diverge in their beliefs over who is the true inheritor of the mantle of the Prophet Muhammad. The Shiites believe that Islam was transmitted through the household of the Prophet Muhammad. Sunnis believe that it comes down through followers of the Prophet Muhammad who, they say, are his chosen people.

Continue reading at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/25/w...lps-rebels-tell-sunnis-from-shiites.html?_r=3
Medieval savages.

Continue reading at:

Medieval savages.

Just like the christer goyim used to be , until ....they were defanged and declwed

Continue reading at:

Medieval savages.

Just like the christer goyim used to be , until ....they were defanged and declwed

Since Guno seems to be obsessed with this constantly, could Guno actually be a Muslim trying to cause trouble between the Christians and the Jews. After all, supposedly he lives here in the U.S. and sees that the Christians and the Jews get along quite well and you will find many of them close friends with each other. Meanwhile, this happens to be the Middle East forum, and Guno is so silent about what is happening to innocent people in the Middle East at the present time. Perhaps it doesn't bother Guno to see both Christians and Muslims being murdered by the carload in some of the Middle East countries as long as he can get in his shtick about the Christians. How does Guno think he would fare if those Sunni extremists got a hold of him? Would they care what religion he is if he isn't a Sunni in order to do him in like they are doing to others? Regardless, it appears that he has no sympathy for what is happening to the unfortunate people in Syria and Iraq. Guno is like Johnny-One-Note.

Continue reading at:

Medieval savages.

christians were certainly medieval savages but have evolved.

I have studied the Qur'an and I cannot understand how Sunnis and Shiites could kill each other without fear of offending their God. Their Holy Book clearly states that believers (Muslims) who intentionally kill other believers are condemned to hell. Even those who kill other believers by mistake are subjected to penalties. The following is from the Qur'an (M.H. Shakir Translation):

[4.92] And it does not behoove a believer to kill a believer except by mistake, and whoever kills a believer by mistake, he should free a believing slave, and blood-money should be paid to his people unless they remit it as alms; but if he be from a tribe hostile to you and he is a believer, the freeing of a believing slave (suffices), and if he is from a tribe between whom and you there is a convenant, the blood-money should be paid to his people along with the freeing of a believing slave; but he who cannot find (a slave) should fast for two months successively: a penance from Allah, and Allah is Knowing, Wise.

[4.93] And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his punishment is hell; he shall abide in it, and Allah will send His wrath on him and curse him and prepare for him a painful chastisement.

I thought that all those who followed the teachings of the Qur'an and observed the Five Pillars of Faith were considered to be Muslims. I know that the Sunnis and Shiites disagree on some things, such as Muhammad's successor, but these disagreements do not change the fact that they are all Muslims. Yet, in spite of this they seem to be letting political and minor ideological differences trump the specific commands of the Qur'an. I don't get it.

I have studied the Qur'an and I cannot understand how Sunnis and Shiites could kill each other without fear of offending their God. Their Holy Book clearly states that believers (Muslims) who intentionally kill other believers are condemned to hell. Even those who kill other believers by mistake are subjected to penalties. The following is from the Qur'an (M.H. Shakir Translation):

[4.92] And it does not behoove a believer to kill a believer except by mistake, and whoever kills a believer by mistake, he should free a believing slave, and blood-money should be paid to his people unless they remit it as alms; but if he be from a tribe hostile to you and he is a believer, the freeing of a believing slave (suffices), and if he is from a tribe between whom and you there is a convenant, the blood-money should be paid to his people along with the freeing of a believing slave; but he who cannot find (a slave) should fast for two months successively: a penance from Allah, and Allah is Knowing, Wise.

[4.93] And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his punishment is hell; he shall abide in it, and Allah will send His wrath on him and curse him and prepare for him a painful chastisement.

I thought that all those who followed the teachings of the Qur'an and observed the Five Pillars of Faith were considered to be Muslims. I know that the Sunnis and Shiites disagree on some things, such as Muhammad's successor, but these disagreements do not change the fact that they are all Muslims. Yet, in spite of this they seem to be letting political and minor ideological differences trump the specific commands of the Qur'an. I don't get it.

I understand how you feel Long ago ---when I was young----(ie long long ago) I encountered--
face to face-----new arrivals to the USA-----from far away. ---from south east asia and Iran and
parts of the far east---and some parts of north Africa. I saw HATRED in the eyes of young,
educated newcomers ------it surprised me. I had no idea why young Iranian doctors HATED
both arabs and Pakistanis who hated them in return-------it was a few years before I understood
the details of SUNNI/SHIA hatred (well ---not exactly "UNDERSTAND"----but knew that the
hatred is real and important) Without knowing that which I learned more than 4 decades ago---
you cannot understand current events in the middle east, Iran and southeast asia. In sum----sunnis
and Shiites hate each other. Iran is virtually all Shiite. Iraq has a Shiite majority but
came to be CONTROLLED by sunnis. Saudi Arabia is ---in general SUNNI Pakistan had
a Shiite minority-----sunnis shoot them down in the streets The founder of shiitism ----sorta---
is the SON-IN-LAW of muhummad who Shiites believe SHOULD have been the inheritor of the
ROYAL RAPIST LINE (the conflict never ended----even when the McCoys and Hatfields 'threw
in the towel; )

I fail to see the problem?

Having a short quiz is a good way to separate friend from enemy. .. :cool:

I find it amusing when followers of the rapist of mecca CLAIM
'there really is no conflict between sunnis and Shiites-----I know
a man who married a Shiite girl"

Medieval savages.

Since Guno seems to be obsessed with this constantly, could Guno actually be a Muslim trying to cause trouble between the Christians and the Jews. After all, supposedly he lives here in the U.S. and sees that the Christians and the Jews get along quite well and you will find many of them close friends with each other. Meanwhile, this happens to be the Middle East forum, and Guno is so silent about what is happening to innocent people in the Middle East at the present time. Perhaps it doesn't bother Guno to see both Christians and Muslims being murdered by the carload in some of the Middle East countries as long as he can get in his shtick about the Christians. How does Guno think he would fare if those Sunni extremists got a hold of him? Would they care what religion he is if he isn't a Sunni in order to do him in like they are doing to others? Regardless, it appears that he has no sympathy for what is happening to the unfortunate people in Syria and Iraq. Guno is like Johnny-One-Note.

Guno is just an asshole.

Here's the issue as I see it: a society must be able to separate church (or mosque) and state. However, this is fundamentally antithetical to the precepts of Islam which recognizes as Shirk, any notion of modern, liberal democratic institution such as women’s rights. Even if women in islamist nations can manage to effect some sort of referendum for reform by way of protesting the manifestly misogynistic tenets of the literally interpreted koran, until such time as the totalitarian theocracy that Islam aspires to is abolished, they will inevitably run into the buttressed wall of orthodoxy.

Ultimately, the unassailable status of the koran in Islamic education, thought, and society is ultimately Islam’s greatest disadvantage in the modern world. Until Moslems are free in their own countries to denounce the koran (like I’m doing now…) as an inferior hodgepodge of contradictory injunctions, without intellectual unity—until they are free to say that the koran is a wearisome confused jumble with endless iterations, longwindedness, entanglement—until they are free from orthodoxy that defines muhammud (and his lifestyle as the living model for all moslems), they will have to reconcile themselves to being, if not helots, at least in the rearguard of humanity, as far as power and technical advance are concerned.

Aside from whatever chosen interpretation one wishes to take away from selected verses, we have only to look at the examples set by the moslem world in order to come to conclusions about islam. The fact is, the only external example of islam we have is moslems. If one is going to come to conclusions about interpretations of such matters as forced religion, the moslem world provides those examples most everywhere.

As with most matters within the belief system, interpretation of the texts is selective and subjective. The greater truth is set by example.

The Koran also says:
• Say: "Shall I tell you who will receive a worse reward from God? Those whom God has cursed and with who He has been angry, transforming them into apes and swine, and those who serve the devil. Worse is the plight of these, and they have strayed farther from the right path." —Koran 5:59-60
• The unbelievers are your inveterate foe. —Koran 4:101
• Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends. They are friends with one another. Whoever of you seeks their friendship shall become one of their number. God does not guide the wrongdoers. —Koran 5:51
• Believers, do not seek the friendship of the infidels and those who were given the Book before you, who have made of your religion a jest and a diversion. Have fear of God, if you are true believers. —Koran 5:58
• The basest creatures in the sight of God are the faithless who will not believe... —Koran 8:56
• The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of Hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. —Koran 98:6
• 09.8 The caliph (o25) makes war upon the Jews, Christians, and Zoroastrians (N: provided he has first invited them to enter Islam in faith and practice, and if they will not, then invited them to enter the social order of Islam by paying the non-Muslim poll tax (jizya, def: o11.4)—which is the significance of their paying it, not the money itself—while remaining in their ancestral religions) (O: and war continues) until they become Muslim or else pay the non-Muslim poll tax (O: in accordance with the word of Allah Most High,

Of course you cant, right up until the Shi'ite says to you I am Judge, Jury and executioner and you die having been found guilty of apostasy.

Guno is just an asshole.

I am Jewish. You think we Jews love you christians? think again, we tolerate you nothing more, nothing less. We Jews have nothing in common with you christer goyim especially the rightwing variety. It was the christers who for over two thousand years persecuted and murdered Jews.

Jews don't have to be reminded about you right wing goys and your delusions that there is something between Jews and christians to split partin the first place .

Jewish Persecution | Timeline of Judaism | History of AntiSemitism

Christian Persecution of Jews over the Centuries: Introduction ? United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

I am Jewish. You think we Jews love you christians? think again, we tolerate you nothing more, nothing less. We Jews have nothing in common with you christer goyim especially the rightwing variety. It was the christers who for over two thousand years persecuted and murdered Jews.

Jews don't have to be reminded about you right wing goys and your delusions that there is something between Jews and christians to split partin the first place .

Christian Persecution of Jews over the Centuries: Introduction ? United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

Damn gummo, could you be just a little bit more boring?

Guno is just an asshole.

Jews Cast Wary Eye on Evangelicals
Poll Finds Suspicion of Christian Right, Even Israel Supporters

Read more: Jews Cast Wary Eye on Evangelicals ? Forward.com
Jews Cast Wary Eye on Evangelicals ? Forward.com

JewishPost.com - Israel¼s Most Hated Friend

A shia man will always be known as shia to Sunni. A simple observation of the scars on his body. A shia will be covered with scars from the bloodletting at Ashura.

I am Jewish.

You're doing a pretty shitty job at it. You would be well-advised to stop making that claim so as not to bring shame onto those who truly live the faith tradition to which you supposedly belong. They don't deserve to be shamed by association with the likes of you.

Guno is just an asshole.

Guno is meshugenah. In other words, he is loco en la cabeza. Here in the present innocent people are being murdered because of their religious beliefs in Syria and Iraq, and Johnny-One-Note Guno is still stuck on the same old, same old. Maybe he should just get a sandwich board that states his silly nonsense and walk up and down the main street of his town.

Forum List

Back