Questions...

RWS

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2013
So if God exists and is the creator of the universe, what did he/she/it do before creating the universe?

I mean, God is eternal, and must have been really bored all by himself in the dark, with nothing to do, but twiddle his thumbs. For eternity. This cosmic omnipotent being, all by himself in the dark.... with no source of entertainment... That's pretty boring!

So to stop his boredom and loneliness, he finally decided to create our universe. And all the intricacies involved in physics. He just said "POP!" and we all appeared and things are the way they are!

But he must be playing with another universe he created right now, because he obviously doesn't care about this one. Maybe we're the "practice" universe. He's got something a lot more interesting going on in another universe. We're like... the initial "fail"....

And he's having fun somewhere else! That makes a lot of sense to explain God.

Dang.... Still have a problem about what he was doing before creating the first universe... I mean, where did he come from, and how did he get his powers?

It's hard for our minds to grasp eternity - always has been always will be.
As much as we want to understand, our minds in the current capacity are limited.
What percentage of our brain do we use? Isn't it a small amount? 10% or something like that?

There are questions that are fun to discuss, and, can even get closer to answers... but I think it won't be understood until we learn how to utilize more of our brain and/or until we die (if you believe in an afterlife)

Logical questions can't he answered by figure deity god worshipers, the only rational description of that power and source of life is in describing it to it's most finite point.
That's why Abraham came to the conclusion that God can't be a figure or form nor wind nor sun nor idol, all things that had a further process in creating it. This is when they turned from idol worship to the concept of an Essence. That Essence being described in the holy YeruShalem.
Meaning city of Shalem (completeness and wholeness). Creation (life) is most finitely explained as that power to become complete and whole aka evolve to be all we could and should be. So when Sages, prophets write stories or record history non whitewashed over, they are doing so inspired in reflection and manifestation of this nature to be better and progress through learning and pondering through those lessons and repeated history and mans choices which can be dissected and discussed in order to improve and evolve from social and political behaviors of the past.
Sources God is not to be anthropromorphized:
we can't pray to any image of anything physical- Exodus 20:3-7 and Deuteronomy 5:8-10
God is not a man nor form-(Isaiah 2:22, 14:13, I Samuel 15:29, Numbers 23:19, and Hosea 11:9, Deuteronomy 4:11-12 and the 13 major principles of the Jewish faith based on the Rambam's teaching of "ain lo demus haguf ve'ayno guf" -- that Hashem has no physical form.)
An Essence nature is not something with form or tangibility and shouldn't be described as such because as you see it confuses people.

Source backing for Shalem:
YeruShalem would carry the name. (1 Kings 11:36 &
in dead sea scrolls: Words of the Archangel Michael scroll 4Q529, 6Q23)
The Gemarah (Baba Batra 75) Tells us Jerusalem is named after G0D and is the place commemorating his name and essence. In Sefer D’varim (12:5, 11, 14, 18, 21; 14:23,24, 25; 15:20; 16:2, 6, 7, 11, 15, 16; 17:8, 10; 18:6; 26:2; 31:11).the place that I will choose to place My Name. That is referring to YeruShalem because Sifri identifies the place which Hashem will choose (12:18) as “Yerushalayim”.

Last edited:
It's hard for our minds to grasp eternity - always has been always will be.
As much as we want to understand, our minds in the current capacity are limited.
What percentage of our brain do we use? Isn't it a small amount? 10% or something like that?

There are questions that are fun to discuss, and, can even get closer to answers... but I think it won't be understood until we learn how to utilize more of our brain and/or until we die (if you believe in an afterlife)
You're more down in the 3 to 4% range. :D

So if God exists and is the creator of the universe, what did he/she/it do before creating the universe?

I mean, God is eternal, and must have been really bored all by himself in the dark, with nothing to do, but twiddle his thumbs. For eternity. This cosmic omnipotent being, all by himself in the dark.... with no source of entertainment... That's pretty boring!

So to stop his boredom and loneliness, he finally decided to create our universe. And all the intricacies involved in physics. He just said "POP!" and we all appeared and things are the way they are!

But he must be playing with another universe he created right now, because he obviously doesn't care about this one. Maybe we're the "practice" universe. He's got something a lot more interesting going on in another universe. We're like... the initial "fail"....

Dang.... Still have a problem about what he was doing before creating the first universe... I mean, where did he come from, and how did he get his powers?

• Banned
So if the godfather created god, and the great-godfather created the godfather, etc... There has to be like a pantheon of these "gods" that are mating and ruling stuff, somewhere. And creating universes for shits and giggles as entertainment. Like kids create their own universes every day in games like Minecraft and Little Big Planet.

So there's gotta be this WHOLE other universe where the gods live, and apparently love each other and have children, and maybe once they reach a certain age they are given a gift of their own universe to run....

But still, where did they come from?

• Banned
And where's the friggin brat that runs our universe when we need him?!?

You mean the one giving you instructions to a right path that you keep ignoring or defying? Your choices to mess up are yours and yours alone.
I like to use the analogy of the habitrail.
Some religions have more reliable value and truth then others, all have some of the same visions in their own cultural wording, some more then others all at different degrees. So say the prize at the end of the journey is that Shalem (completeness & wholeness) the reward of paradise that comes from being all we could & should be.
Then the best route is the direct tube in the habitrail leading straight to the food box. The more you obey the rules of the approach to the prize(follow the word's directed path) without straying the direction then the straighter more sucessful quicker the path.
But those who disregard the directions from that which already knows (sits there waiting), then the longer more winding the path. The habitrail tubes that guide you all over the place sometimes further from the prize winding back around to eventually getting there.
Some paths (religions) get you lost and back where you started and others are like the hamster wheel going round n round thinking you are going places when you haven't even left the starting gate. Most paths somewhat get you there but there can only be one that gets you there quickest and best. Then there is always that one hamster who is always in their own private corner with the built up pile of wood chips sitting in their own urine, oblivious to what the world smells like outside their own fortress and feces.
So if you are saying humanity is laying in it's own feces then that means humanity chose the wrong path.
-signed papa teddybear hamster sitting at the top tray eating all your food.

God is spirit. What does a spirit need with things? I think a great many of us might be happy with less things. My cousins (who have done some traveling and missionary work) spoke of people who have nothing, and are yet happier than many in first world countries.

Here's another thought. Matter may change, but science tells us that at least here on earth it doesn't increase or decrease. If the spirit of God has always been in existence, perhaps matter has also always been in existence. If this is the case we have an eternal God who has always been physical creating as there has always been matter to create with.

I've always been awed by the idea that it is in God in whom we move and live and have our being. God is that close to us. (A case of whoever it was who "discovered" water, it wasn't a fish.) I think God still finds the spiritual much more interesting, more real, than a rock, a planet, or even an entire solar system. In this solar system, we are the interesting portion, and as such we have more of God's attention than perhaps even the most gorgeous of waterfalls.

.... I think a great many of us might be happy with less things. My cousins (who have done some traveling and missionary work) spoke of people who have nothing, and are yet happier than many in first world countries.

Aye...I have read numerous books on WW II...when talking about the Japanese war, when soldiers were spending sometimes months without seeing an enemy, some would (illegally) venture out and they would run into Island people. People who had not a single modern convenience...and virtually no exposure to the modern world. The soldiers wrote about how happy these people were, they lived in perpetual peace their entire lives. They were indeed some of the happiest people on the planet.

Logical questions can't he answered by figure deity god worshipers, the only rational description of that power and source of life is in describing it to it's most finite point.
That's why Abraham came to the conclusion that God can't be a figure or form nor wind nor sun nor idol, all things that had a further process in creating it. This is when they turned from idol worship to the concept of an Essence. That Essence being described in the holy YeruShalem.
Meaning city of Shalem (completeness and wholeness). Creation (life) is most finitely explained as that power to become complete and whole aka evolve to be all we could and should be. So when Sages, prophets write stories or record history non whitewashed over, they are doing so inspired in reflection and manifestation of this nature to be better and progress through learning and pondering through those lessons and repeated history and mans choices which can be dissected and discussed in order to improve and evolve from social and political behaviors of the past.
Sources God is not to be anthropromorphized:
we can't pray to any image of anything physical- Exodus 20:3-7 and Deuteronomy 5:8-10
God is not a man nor form-(Isaiah 2:22, 14:13, I Samuel 15:29, Numbers 23:19, and Hosea 11:9, Deuteronomy 4:11-12 and the 13 major principles of the Jewish faith based on the Rambam's teaching of "ain lo demus haguf ve'ayno guf" -- that Hashem has no physical form.)
An Essence nature is not something with form or tangibility and shouldn't be described as such because as you see it confuses people.

Source backing for Shalem:
YeruShalem would carry the name. (1 Kings 11:36 &
in dead sea scrolls: Words of the Archangel Michael scroll 4Q529, 6Q23)
The Gemarah (Baba Batra 75) Tells us Jerusalem is named after G0D and is the place commemorating his name and essence. In Sefer D’varim (12:5, 11, 14, 18, 21; 14:23,24, 25; 15:20; 16:2, 6, 7, 11, 15, 16; 17:8, 10; 18:6; 26:2; 31:11).the place that I will choose to place My Name. That is referring to YeruShalem because Sifri identifies the place which Hashem will choose (12:18) as “Yerushalayim”.

Torah, tanakah, bible is archaic and simplistic explanation of a simple people that had little or no grasp of science.
Everything has a beginning, time, the universe, even a god. It might seem so long ago to simple people that eternal was easier to grasp. now we seethe universe in billions and trillions of years both past and future.
Even if we think of the laws of science, math and time we want to know how and why they began, not some fairy tale or myth of early bronze age man.

Quoting and ancient text is not and answer, just repetition without understanding. It is like saying "god is great" as if that is an answer to anything. It is brainwashing not teaching or explanation.

There might be some "force" out there and life taps into and also re-energizes in some string theory or vibration sort if way, energy bouncing back and forth throughout the universe and possibly anything that might be beyond. Even that would need to be started or begin. Something to initiate a perpetual motion system.

We have already discovered the so called "god partial" and maybe some day we will understand far beyond that too. The idea of a god without beginning or end actually manipulating us is out dated.
The comfort of a god figure might help some who can't see beyond their nose, but if there is a something, it is so far beyond a thinking figure prone to temper tantrum and vanity.

Religion created god in our image, not the other way around. Someday we might have a name for the force, but it will be nothing like our "image" and would apply to any and all life far beyond this planet and our imagination that we could not be part of some creation in its image.

God or the idea of a god is a safety blanket, but we growing up and don't need to cling to it every second. Perhaps some day we won't need it at all and even forget we had it as we bravely move forward.

How did prophets explain images or dream they had without understanding the science or changes yet to be discovered, they use words as close as possible that are far from accurate. The bible is limited to the understanding of the world of the ancients and out dated to what we have discovered and expanded our minds.

Some will continue to cling to a safety blanket in fear while other can't wait to bravely run out into the vastness and knowledge yet to learn. Life is an adventure, not an anchor to the dawn of time.
There will be times when we need to slow down a bit, let out understanding catch up with our discovery, and use caution not to plunge off a cliff, but we should never come a full stop or go backwards.

What ever the idea of god or force is, it is part of all life, matter and laws of science. Always forward before whether the universe expands or later shrinks. Always more to learn and discover, even an eventual "end", of our life or the universe. Perhaps death will be a new adventure?

Here's the way I look at it. I'm here for these 3 reasons:

1. Survive
2. Reproduce
3. Help others do the same

That's it! That's the meaning of life! There is no need for worship in supernatural beings to be a good person.

We all like to create stories, because we have the brains to do so. To try to explain stuff we can't understand. And I'm cool with religion as a means to do so. Until that religion gets to a point where it has to kill off others that believe differently, and all the other negative aspects of a religion.

I wish we could just abide by the 3 rules. And stick by them. And everyone can then believe in whatever Santa Claus religion they want that makes them happy, and we can all live happily together. All religions should be based on those three fundamental rules.

It's really not that difficult in my mindset. Because none of them require a supernatural deity.

However you explain your creation, it is something that you will decide on your own.

Not based on your parents religion.

It's something everyone has to figure out for themselves.

Maybe you don't need an explanation. Maybe you do. Everybody has these questions of what came before us. And that's cool!

But at least 99% of people believe in the religion they were born into. They never got a chance to think about it and decide.

That could be because of social pressure, denial of options, or just plain ignorance. But it's very alarming to someone like me, that tries to use logic and reason instead. Because I also have to follow the 3 rules.

I'm trying to use education to get us through. Before it's too late...

There is no need for worship in supernatural beings to be a good person.

not to mention the outcome of an individuals Spirit when their physiology expires ... it would be a blessing were the Spirit to survive not to have to deal with vial creatures in the Everlasting that does preclude an Almighty or group of god's that would be necessary to make the decision of who is and is not Admitted when their physical time does expire (death).

and what or who were responsible at Singularity with what did evolve that makes our universe what it is.

Michael was created first--could have been millions of years before earth was created, no one knows--The angel beings were all present before the earths creation as well.

Forum List

Back