Quid-Pro-Woah! Trump appoints Mitch McConnel's dynamic wife as Transportation Secretary

Hey, she's quite the friend of the coal miners:

Chao's tenure as Labor Secretary saw two mine disasters for which she was criticized. Twelve miners were killed in the Sago Mine disaster on January 2, 2006, and three rescue workers died in the Crandall Canyon Mine disaster on August 6, 2007. Before the mines collapsed, Chao had cut more than a hundred coal mine safety inspections.[26] According to the Christian Science Monitor, "Nearly half of the 208 safety citations levied in 2005 against the Sago coal mine where 12 men died this week were 'serious and substantial.'"[27]

Hey, she's quite the friend of the coal miners:

Chao's tenure as Labor Secretary saw two mine disasters for which she was criticized. Twelve miners were killed in the Sago Mine disaster on January 2, 2006, and three rescue workers died in the Crandall Canyon Mine disaster on August 6, 2007. Before the mines collapsed, Chao had cut more than a hundred coal mine safety inspections.[26] According to the Christian Science Monitor, "Nearly half of the 208 safety citations levied in 2005 against the Sago coal mine where 12 men died this week were 'serious and substantial.'"[27]
The miners get the inspections they deserve.

Every time there's any reference to Mitch McConnell having a wife, I am afflicted the rest of the day with a very very very unpleasant visual image.

well played, The Donald.

She has quite a resume.

She was the Secretary of Labor under Bush. So she's more than familiar with how things work.

She on the board of Michael Bloombergs charitable organization.

Sounds like quite a lady and one who is more than qualified.

President Trump extending a yuge olive branch to McConnell because the wall needs votes!

I don't see how Trump supporters can defend decisions like this when it is ASS OPPOSITE of his rhetoric. It reminds me of self proclaimed liberals supporting a war mongering corporatist.

I don't see how Trump supporters can defend decisions like this when it is ASS OPPOSITE of his rhetoric. It reminds me of self proclaimed liberals supporting a war mongering corporatist.

most of the folks he's picked are outsiders like Ben Carson...just 1 of the folks he's picked, he picked her to get votes from the Republican caucus.

he picked her to get votes from the GOP caucus, sir.

most of the folks he's picked are outsiders like Ben Carson...just 1 of the folks he's picked, he picked her to get votes from the Republican caucus.

he picked her to get votes from the GOP caucus, sir.
There are many-a-names he has thrown out there that contradict his past rhetoric, bro..

was the Secretary of Labor under Bush. So she's more than familiar with how things work.

......and, for Trump....assures that his moronic policies get no opposition from the do-nothing Senate.

well played, The Donald.

She has quite a resume.

She was the Secretary of Labor under Bush. So she's more than familiar with how things work.

Yeah, Cheney and Rumsfeld had quite the resumes too.

Yes they did and they were very good at their jobs which is what Bush wanted.

Forum List

Back