Racing towards America's collapse...Oregon Governor signs new law allowing students to graduate without proving they can read, write, or do math!!!!

Aren't you the guy who continues to votes for public officials to cut school taxes? What do you think happens to the quality of education when school districts have less and less money to work with, and more and more security requirements because school shootings. My high school didn't have an armed school cop on duty. Bet that guy makes more than the teachers, who have to buy school supplies for their students, and hold down two jobs to make ends meet.

And then have clowns like YOU blame them when the quality of education deteriorates, especially when they can't teach American history, climate science, or evolution on account of conservatives.

You have workers who can't do 21st Century jobs and Republicans are trying to restart the coal industry.
what the fuck are you talking about? Fuckin crazy ass cat lady :lol:

Concerned American
Who said anything about what the kid accepts? He is talking about the business not accepting the diploma the kid holds as valid because it does not include and standards.

Honestly, no one cares about HS diplomas anymore anyway, they have been meaningless for a long time.
If a high school diploma is meaningless, it is because the vast majority of folks have one. Also, until now, a diploma was evidence that the individual had achieved certain academic and personal goals.

Are you trying to justify giving high school diplomas to unqualified students?

Concerned American

If a high school diploma is meaningless, it is because the vast majority of folks have one. Also, until now, a diploma was evidence that the individual had achieved certain academic and personal goals.
Not really, diplomas have been pretty worthless for several decades now. Your employer asks for the piece of paper because that is what they have always done but no one anywhere has checked what name is on that paper for a long damn time. No one anywhere actually verifies it either.
Are you trying to justify giving high school diplomas to unqualified students?
Why would you say such a silly thing. You cannot make that inference with anything I said.

Aren't you the guy who continues to votes for public officials to cut school taxes? What do you think happens to the quality of education when school districts have less and less money to work with, and more and more security requirements because school shootings. My high school didn't have an armed school cop on duty. Bet that guy makes more than the teachers, who have to buy school supplies for their students, and hold down two jobs to make ends meet.

And then have clowns like YOU blame them when the quality of education deteriorates, especially when they can't teach American history, climate science, or evolution on account of conservatives.

You have workers who can't do 21st Century jobs and Republicans are trying to restart the coal industry.
As you know, by and large, the school districts that spend the most per student, have the lowest achievement. Why?

From what I have seen, it is the far-left liberals who oppose teaching American history. Specifically, what do you mean by "climate science"? Where is evolution NOT taught in our government schools?

How is it the fault of conservatives that workers can't do 21st-century jobs?

Why should we not restart the coal industry? We have many decades of very high-quality coal within our borders. There is also a vast, worldwide market for coal. Why should we not work to supply that demand?

Coal%20plants-S.png

Yeah, yeah..... it looks like mental illness fucked a sewer rat.... but it does have a point.

Do you really need to know how to read and write to burn down black businesses? Or shoot cops?

Me thinks not.

kate_brown_in_2017__cropped_.jpg

Those yellow teeth do it for me.... when I say "do it for me" I mean they make me wretch uncontrollably.

I lived in Portland for six months. I could open up my bedroom curtains and see Mount St. Helens. It was amazing.

I enjoyed it from a photography perspective but, in the end, I guess I just didn't own enough pairs of Birkenstocks to fit it...
I grew up near Salem, we lived on a hill and we could see Mt. Jefferson, Mt. Hood, Mt St. Helens before it erupted and if the weather was clear enough we could see Mt. Rainer. Rural Oregon was a great place to grow up. Sadly, that is no longer true.

Just when you think the Liberals can't be more stupid than they are already they up the stupidity bar.

They will make schools absolutely worthless but the taxpayers will still be taxed for their operation, including great salaries and pensions for the Teacher's Union members.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but when I graduated high school we were not required to pass a state test before receiving our diploma. As a matter of fact there was no such requirement until relatively recently. Maybe in the past 20 years. The USA did quite well without such a requirement.

George W. Bush may have started all this with his No Child Left Behind Act. It made schools teach to pass a test. Yeah, thankfully, in 2015 it was thrown into the trash heap like many of W’s other initiatives.

Some people are just not good at taking standardized tests. It is a reason many colleges are dropping them as a criteria. Some people are extremely good at taking standardized tests, but being good at taking a test does not mean you are creative in other areas, but I am digressing.

If you pass your classes during your time in el-hi you deserve to graduate. If you can’t read or write at that time, then it is the failure of the school. I suspect those that can‘t read or write or are still illiterate at the end of their education would be rare cases.

Last edited:
Soemone can correct me if I am wrong, but when I graduated high school we were not required to pass a state test before receiving our diploma. As a matter of fact there was no such requirement until relatively recently. Maybe in the past 20 years. The USA did quite well without such a requirement.

George W. Bush with his No Child Left Behind Act was just another one of his failures. It made schools teach to pass a test. Yeah, thankfully, in 2015 it was thrown into the trash heap like many of W’s other initiatives.

Some people are just not good at taking standardized tests. It is a reason many colleges are dropping them as a criteria. Some people are extremely good at taking standardized tests, but being good at taking a test does not mean you are creative in other areas, but I am digressing.

If you pass your classes during your time in el-hi you deserve to graduate. If you can’t read or write at that time, then it is the failure of the school. I suspect those that can‘t read or write or are still illiterate would be rare cases.

You are confused about this.

This Liberal bullshit is not to return to the excellent education system the US had in the past but to kiss the ass of the dumbass Negroes that are illiterate. As a bonus not having the measurements is a great way not to make the members of the Teacher's Unions accountable.

Teacher's unions would support any legal action that says they don't have to do their job.
I am sure that is the case with you also.

The fact that most education bashers do not realize is that many teachers disagree with the union position on many issues. Show me when this was voted on by the membership.

Last edited:
Who said anything about what the kid accepts? He is talking about the business not accepting the diploma the kid holds as valid because it does not include and standards.

Honestly, no one cares about HS diplomas anymore anyway, they have been meaningless for a long time.

Try that again, in English this time!

BTW "anymore anyway" is redundant.

Also, sentences start after a period, not a comma.

Forum List

Back