Racist School Assignment from NC - let's play this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been asked no less than 5 times my race on here, never my profession. My gender is obvious, but my sexuality has also been questioned.

NEVER has anyone asked what I do for a living.

I confess.

I cannot tell a lie.

(Guess I have got no business ever living in Texas then huh ?!)

I asked ricechickie if she was Japanese, Korean, or Chinese.

"Rice" was my clue.

Koreans babes are really mean.

Chinese babes are really elusive.

Japanese babes are the most polite. Everyone loves Japanese babes the most -- except Japanese men (who prefer Korean babes).

By the way I do have one clue that ricechickie is indeed Asian -- something she said once in an obscure post once.

But I will leave it up to her to confess her race on her own terms when she chooses to if ever.

Last edited:
The product of which was created by crap such as this question to young kids.
The teacher made their skin color and their lifestyle important, rather than focusing on their skill set.
The teacher created a derision the kids may never have dreamt of. The teacher placed it into their minds, so it suddenly must be important, when it is not.
It can only push the kids to do just that by segregating , the teacher creates the segregating, rather than this-

You need to go to a bomb shelter and can take 4 others with you. Your choices:

A doctor
A construction worker
A minister
A lawyer
An athlete
A mother

Which 4 would you choose and why.

Now, that is called an exercise in critical thinking. The problem given was an exercise is isolating by skin color, lifestyle; segregating.

The critical thinking comes when someone is forced to defend why they don't want the black lesbian in the shelter. People do take those things into account. Are you new here?

I've been asked no less than 5 times my race on here, never my profession. My gender is obvious, but my sexuality has also been questioned.

Learning to look at what matters is part of critical thinking. If the teacher only put information that mattered on the assignment, how will students learn to sift through information and find what is relevant? How will they learn to defend what they believe is relevant?
I would still choose the Korean babe.

All I need is a babe that I can trust to wake me if there is trouble.

Everyone needs to sleep.

When you are asleep you are the most vulnerable.

When I am awake there is nothing on this Earth that I cannot kill.

...Why would anyone ask you about race unless you were already discussing it?
I have never seen a Lesbo black chick. Most lesbo's I know are either Latina's or white babes.

Black chicks are usually asexual or supersexual.

I have never seen a female black physician. Most physicians are Jewish.

So creating such a rare hybrid as a black female Lesbo physician is kind of like the Tooth Faerie.

I have never seen a Lesbo black chick. Most lesbo's I know are either Latina's or white babes.

So creating such a rare hybrid as a black female Lesbo physician is kind of like the Tooth Faerie.
You live in a bubble.

The teacher made their skin color and their lifestyle important, rather than focusing on their skill set.
The teacher created a derision the kids may never have dreamt of. The teacher placed it into their minds, so it suddenly must be important, when it is not.

That's because you're always talking about race and not your profession, douche bag.

That would be wrong.

That's what I've observed. Why would anyone ask you about race unless you were already discussing it?

I can discuss race as a topic, can't I? What difference does it make what my race is?

I believe, without getting into the teacher's head, that the assignment was meant to challenge if any students would find that race or sexual orientation mattered, and to defend their positions. That's appropriate for high schoolers to think about.
What difference does race make ??

It depends on what your parents taught you.

Most Asian parents want their kids to marry other Asians.

Most Jewish parents want their kids to marry other Jewish.

Most Native American parents want their kids to marry the same tribe.

Most Italian parents want their kids to marry other Italian kids.

Those are just the ones I know about.

You live in a bubble.
We all live in a bubble of some kind, correct.

So am I.
Do you consider an assignment like this to be objective or subjective? Would you assign an exercise of this type, and why? How would you grade the results?

This assignment is subjective, but the writing and reasoning skills it can help a student practice are important.

I teach students too young for this exercise. If I taught an older group, and if I assigned it, I would grade it on the student's ability to write out a coherent essay, reasoning why they would choose each person. Or I wouldn't grade it, and I would use it to facilitate a class discussion.
I agree that the assignment is subjective. But there is usually some particular goal in mind. Unless the subsequent discussion includes why any student would consider any other qualification than skill sets, or possibly breeding ability, the inclusion of race, sexual orientation, or age is irrelevant. Well, unless the goal is to evaluation how many students are capable of identifying those attributes as totally useless in a survival situation. Unfortunately, such thoughts have been routinely vilified and used to punish students in this generation. Exclude a hispanic? Why? How about including a white racist? That's just ...well, racist!
Given the current obvious condition of the brainwashed youth passing through our public school system, I doubt the human race would survive a nuclear/environmental/economic holocaust.

That would be another good goal of discussion, if the word "racist" is brought up. What does that mean? When is it a legitimate complaint?

For example, is the wheelchair-bound Hispanic lawyer excluded because of racism? I can justify why I'd leave him out.
I'd leave him out because the "new" world would require those fit enough to endure the challenges of re-establishing civilization. A lawyer would also likely have little knowledge, or skill, to aid in that goal. Given the information available, that bugger would be OUT! Who cares what language his momma taught him in the cradle?
Why would you leave out the wheel-chair bound lawyer? Who would you include, and why? Exclude, and why?

I answered that way back. Construction worker in, doctor in, both have skill sets that will be useful as hell. Lawyer out, because he would be a burden on resources, and no discernible skills relevant. The mom, I was ambivalent about. A pregnant woman can be a burden, and if she brings her 2 year old, it's like a 3 for 1, which would a strain on food. Gymnast, I would take, because she's strong and healthy and able to breed. In the end, I decided on the pregnant Mom over the priest, because we'd have to repopulate.
Pretty much how I'd decide, too. The priest is a no-brainer, though, unless he has some useful skills to contribute. While some might view having man of god along for morale, that is not a very useful profession. The pregnant mom with a toddler might be an advance on that re-population goal, but she'd have to accept her role keeping the "nest" while the others went about the business of feeding, clothing, and securing the "colony". Crippled lawyer would be a definite no.

Last edited:

You live in a bubble.
We all live in a bubble of some kind, correct.
Nah, I disagree. I am not a deist therefore not stuck in that same mode you are.

That's because you're always talking about race and not your profession, douche bag.

That would be wrong.

That's what I've observed. Why would anyone ask you about race unless you were already discussing it?

I can discuss race as a topic, can't I? What difference does it make what my race is?

I believe, without getting into the teacher's head, that the assignment was meant to challenge if any students would find that race or sexual orientation mattered, and to defend their positions. That's appropriate for high schoolers to think about.
What difference does race make ??

It depends on what your parents taught you.

Most Asian parents want their kids to marry other Asians.

Most Jewish parents want their kids to marry other Jewish.

Most Native American parents want their kids to marry the same tribe.

Most Italian parents want their kids to marry other Italian kids.

Those are just the ones I know about.

And yet it means very little, their "wants." And it means very little, the measure of melanin in my skin, when you post to me. Doesn't it?

That would be wrong.

How is this the teacher's business? What subject is the teacher teaching and how is this relevant to it? That's not appropriate for any teacher to be teaching in high school because it's blatantly political. Discussing such issues can only be used for brainwashing purposes.

Have you ever heard of a social studies class?

You can discuss lots of issues without brainwashing students. Especially high school students.
In my opinion, elementary school emphasized brainwashing on obeying the police, firemen, and that the USA is the best nation in the world -- all this while we were burning hooches in Viet Nam and bombing them into the stone age.

This assignment is subjective, but the writing and reasoning skills it can help a student practice are important.

I teach students too young for this exercise. If I taught an older group, and if I assigned it, I would grade it on the student's ability to write out a coherent essay, reasoning why they would choose each person. Or I wouldn't grade it, and I would use it to facilitate a class discussion.
I agree that the assignment is subjective. But there is usually some particular goal in mind. Unless the subsequent discussion includes why any student would consider any other qualification than skill sets, or possibly breeding ability, the inclusion of race, sexual orientation, or age is irrelevant. Well, unless the goal is to evaluation how many students are capable of identifying those attributes as totally useless in a survival situation. Unfortunately, such thoughts have been routinely vilified and used to punish students in this generation. Exclude a hispanic? Why? How about including a white racist? That's just ...well, racist!
Given the current obvious condition of the brainwashed youth passing through our public school system, I doubt the human race would survive a nuclear/environmental/economic holocaust.

That would be another good goal of discussion, if the word "racist" is brought up. What does that mean? When is it a legitimate complaint?

For example, is the wheelchair-bound Hispanic lawyer excluded because of racism? I can justify why I'd leave him out.
I'd leave him out because the "new" world would require those fit enough to endure the challenges of re-establishing civilization. A lawyer would also likely have little knowledge, or skill, to aid in that goal. Given the information available, that bugger would be OUT! Who cares what language his momma taught him in the cradle?
Why would you leave out the wheel-chair bound lawyer? Who would you include, and why? Exclude, and why?

I answered that way back. Construction worker in, doctor in, both have skill sets that will be useful as hell. Lawyer out, because he would be a burden on resources, and no discernible skills relevant. The mom, I was ambivalent about. A pregnant woman can be a burden, and if she brings her 2 year old, it's like a 3 for 1, which would a strain on food. Gymnast, I would take, because she's strong and healthy and able to breed. In the end, I decided on the pregnant Mom over the priest, because we'd have to repopulate.
Pretty much how I'd decide, too. The priest is a no-brainer, though, unless he has some useful skills to contribute. While some might view having man of god along for morale, that is not a very useful profession. The pregnant mom with a toddler might be an advance on that re-population goal, but she'd have to accept her role keeping the "nest" while the others went about the business of feeding, clothing, and securing the "colony". Crippled lawyer would be a definite no.
Depends, as only age and race (which I didn't factor) was listed for the lawyer. Based on age and condition the lawyer could be of service. Watch over the toddlers.

So you would be prepared to defend yourself if someone called you a racist for that decision.

Wouldn't you want high school students to learn to do the same?
I could care less what I am labeled. But, I'm from a different generation. I grew up in the South, in a time when blacks really were segregated in many ways. Blacks and whites may have socialized in some limited ways, but we NEVER dated, or crossed other understood social lines. So, yeah, I can definitely defend my decisions.
Unfortunately, these days, defense of one's beliefs, opinions, choices, are not permitted. People who would choose a white over a "brown" person are all-too-often bullied, shouted down, and even violently attacked for those answers. There appears to be little considered debate the way I knew it.

Gee, how does that feel?:rolleyes-41:
Meh!
I have so many other, much more important things to consider than what someone else might think of me, or what I think. If, however, I encounter violence directed at my person, particularly if the perpetrators simply don't like what I say, think, or write, I hope they aren't disappointed when I respond appropriately.

So a few parents are upset about a hypothetical morals scenario that was assigned to students in NC

Some feel the assignment is racist. Well, it is racist, because these SJWs just cannot help themselves - ALL of the whites are cast in a bad light, or are "dregs of society"

All of the "minorities" are upstanding citizens & productive members of society. Why? Because thrashing white people is what these fools like to do...

Anywho - let's set that aside. Let's look at the assignment and share with the class here in USMB what our picks would be!

The assignment:

The assignment is called the "Bomb Shelter Activity." The scenario is that the President of the United States issues a warning of a nuclear attack, and the student's family has access to a bomb shelter. The student can pick four strangers to go into the bomb shelter for safety.

The assignment has the student decide between different ethnic groups.

According to the Facebook post, the choices are a "35 year old White male construction worker who is a racist," a "40 year old Black female doctor who is a lesbian," a "50 year old White male who is a Catholic Priest," a "25 year old Hispanic male who is a lawyer and is wheelchair bound," a "30 year old Korean-American female who is a former college athlete," and a "20 year old White female who is pregnant, has a two year old son and is on welfare."

Parents say school 'bomb shelter' assignment promotes racism

My choice:

1. Korean athlete - this is a no brainer, especially if we have to think about repopulating the earth
2. Construction worker - another no brainer, don't care that he is "racist" He knows how to build shit & we are talking about making it in a post apocalyptic world. Besides, he has probably been mislabeled as a racist just because he voted to Make America Great Again, but either way, he is in
3. 20 year old welfare queen - obviously a slut & the construction worker will need someone to bang (cuz, I'm calling dibs on the Asian athlete...) Only consideration is does the 2 year old come with her? Doesn't matter, she's in either way
4. Lesbian doc - hopefully she knows her shit, as medical skills will come in handy

crippled lawyer is 1st out, I mean talk about less than worthless in this scenario
Catholic priest never had a shot with me either, cuz I plan to make babies with the Korean & I wouldn't wanna have to kill anybody, if the priest raped a kid on my watch in a post apocalyptic world, I would absolutely kill him after I ripped his balls off

so - who would YOU pick?

None of the above, nor any others outside the family. The bomb shelter and the supplies therein would be for their survival alone. Go get your own bomb shelter.
Generally speaking a physician would be an asset.

But a Lezzy physician might seduce your daughter or your wife.
Unless the pregger is wife or daughter, that's out of the equation since only four of the offered group is under consideration.

It can only push the kids to do just that by segregating , the teacher creates the segregating, rather than this-

You need to go to a bomb shelter and can take 4 others with you. Your choices:

A doctor
A construction worker
A minister
A lawyer
An athlete
A mother

Which 4 would you choose and why.

Now, that is called an exercise in critical thinking. The problem given was an exercise is isolating by skin color, lifestyle; segregating.

No, it is segregating. What would it matter, under those circumstances what race or lifestyle someone has? To those that don't see color, nothing, we could care less.
The person assigning it wanted to segregate them. Not by what they could bring to the table, but by what color their skin was or their lifestyle.
Breaking people into categories. Read it again, i.e. black, white, Hispanic, Asian, lesbian, female, male. That is segregating at its finest.

That's not segregation. That's identifying.

Maybe the person assigning it wanted to challenge students' assumptions. Would a person's skin color or orientation or religion matter more than their skill set?

Teachers shouldn't even be discussing race. That isn't their job.

Race is interwoven through some of the most important parts of our history. How can it NOT be discussed?

Most high school kids can't even name a single Founding Father. Why are they forced to play this stupid game where every answer can be interpreted as racist? Is it part of the democrat agenda to turn everyone into a victim and keep the racial pot simmering?
Let me see how I can do on this:

Patrick Henry, Gov of Virginia and Freemason
Benj Franklin, author, inventor and Freemason Grandmaster
Geo Washington, militia colonel and Freemason
John Hancock
Paul Revere, Silversmith and Freemason

That's it. Only 5.

Most high school kids can't even name a single Founding Father. Why are they forced to play this stupid game where every answer can be interpreted as racist? Is it part of the democrat agenda to turn everyone into a victim and keep the racial pot simmering?

Why is it that you think not talking about race in school will make it all disappear?
I would think mentioning race in a public school would get you fired.

And mentioning race is a parochial school would get your azz chewed out by the headmaster or mistress.

I'd choose a new school system. This garbage has replaced math and science, and is turning our children into left wing zombies, who will never find work and are to stupid to build a shelter.

If we get nuked, please make Berkeley ground zero.......

I love people who criticize education, but make mistakes like this!
Criticizing the propagandist agenda over basics is needed. It is not up to schools to instill into children the moral basics or the beliefs. That is a parents job. The schools should only get involved if there is some sort of bullying going on. At six, nine and twelve children shouldn't be learning blowjobs aren't sex and being queer is fine and dandy.
Well California disagrees with you -- they are teaching elementary school kids about gay rights.
Happy people have rights? Would those be the same rights that grumpy people have, or are they special rights reserved only for happy people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back