Racist School Assignment from NC - let's play this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor, construction worker, easy choices. The guy in the wheelchair would be more of a liability, but I think the pregnant chick would be, too. I'd probably take the gymnast and the pregnant lady, regardless.
ricechickie you horny little sweet thing !!

You will be back to normal in no time !!!

So a few parents are upset about a hypothetical morals scenario that was assigned to students in NC

Some feel the assignment is racist. Well, it is racist, because these SJWs just cannot help themselves - ALL of the whites are cast in a bad light, or are "dregs of society"

All of the "minorities" are upstanding citizens & productive members of society. Why? Because thrashing white people is what these fools like to do...

Anywho - let's set that aside. Let's look at the assignment and share with the class here in USMB what our picks would be!

The assignment:

The assignment is called the "Bomb Shelter Activity." The scenario is that the President of the United States issues a warning of a nuclear attack, and the student's family has access to a bomb shelter. The student can pick four strangers to go into the bomb shelter for safety.

The assignment has the student decide between different ethnic groups.

According to the Facebook post, the choices are a "35 year old White male construction worker who is a racist," a "40 year old Black female doctor who is a lesbian," a "50 year old White male who is a Catholic Priest," a "25 year old Hispanic male who is a lawyer and is wheelchair bound," a "30 year old Korean-American female who is a former college athlete," and a "20 year old White female who is pregnant, has a two year old son and is on welfare."

Parents say school 'bomb shelter' assignment promotes racism

My choice:

1. Korean athlete - this is a no brainer, especially if we have to think about repopulating the earth
2. Construction worker - another no brainer, don't care that he is "racist" He knows how to build shit & we are talking about making it in a post apocalyptic world. Besides, he has probably been mislabeled as a racist just because he voted to Make America Great Again, but either way, he is in
3. 20 year old welfare queen - obviously a slut & the construction worker will need someone to bang (cuz, I'm calling dibs on the Asian athlete...) Only consideration is does the 2 year old come with her? Doesn't matter, she's in either way
4. Lesbian doc - hopefully she knows her shit, as medical skills will come in handy

crippled lawyer is 1st out, I mean talk about less than worthless in this scenario
Catholic priest never had a shot with me either, cuz I plan to make babies with the Korean & I wouldn't wanna have to kill anybody, if the priest raped a kid on my watch in a post apocalyptic world, I would absolutely kill him after I ripped his balls off

so - who would YOU pick?

None of the above, nor any others outside the family. The bomb shelter and the supplies therein would be for their survival alone. Go get your own bomb shelter.
Generally speaking a physician would be an asset.

But a Lezzy physician might seduce your daughter or your wife.

I would take the idiot teacher who came up with the assignment.

....and flog them daily until they had some sense knocked into them.
So you ARE into S&M -- mostly S though.

Maybe the Korean babe would let you change roles one day per month ?!

I'd choose a new school system. This garbage has replaced math and science, and is turning our children into left wing zombies, who will never find work and are to stupid to build a shelter.

If we get nuked, please make Berkeley ground zero.......
You are so smart on a good day The Irish Ram .

But on bad days you belong on the iggy list where I keep you in a jar by the door.

1. "35 year old White male construction worker who is a racist," Probably capable & practical.

2. "40 year old Black female doctor who is a lesbian," We can only hope she's a lipstick lesbian. Medical is important too.

3. "50 year old White male who is a Catholic Priest," By description he's mostly worthless for this exercise.

4. "25 year old Hispanic male who is a lawyer and is wheelchair bound," By description he's definitely worthless for this exercise.

5. 30 year old Korean-American female who is a former college athlete," Probably capable.

6. "20 year old White female who is pregnant, has a two year old son and is on welfare." On the surface she's worthless. Beings the quiz implies there's only room for four, you have to count her as two. Trick is she has a son, though he's only two years old. So you can choose the son without having to choose the mother. Dollars to donuts most miss these circumstances.

I believe the correct choices are:

1. Construction worker for certainty. He's capable and can reproduce too.
2. "Lipstick" lesbian black doctor for certainty. She's smart, capable and looks like Halle Berry.
3. Catholic priest. On the surface he's more capable than the two year old son, who would have otherwise been my choice.
5. Korean-American female. She's capable. She's hot as well, BTW. Hopefully she and Const. guy can talk the doctor into a threesome.
Ok my priorities:

1 - Korean babe -- she would make a great Eve.

2 - Lesbo physician -- I might need healthcare in the post Armageddon.

3 - I have no use for any of the other 3 other than for meat on the hoof.

Breaking people into categories. Read it again, i.e. black, white, Hispanic, Asian, lesbian, female, male. That is segregating at its finest.
Oh, they are but with examples of garbage such as above given.
Notice in the above they once again segregate?

What do you mean, they "segregate"?

That's not segregation. That's identifying.
For high school kids this is all way over their heads.

Breaking people into categories. Read it again, i.e. black, white, Hispanic, Asian, lesbian, female, male. That is segregating at its finest.

Well the average female is going to choose the construction worker -- as miketx would say they all want d!ck.

The average high school male will chose the Asian babe. Asian babes are beauties but a high schooler won't know about Korean babes' reputation for being the meanest women on Earth.

None of the others is going to do anyone any good.

Well the average female is going to choose the construction worker -- as miketx would say they all want d!ck.

The average high school male will chose the Asian babe. Asian babes are beauties but a high schooler won't know about their reputation for being the meanest women on Earth.

IDK man, the welfare queen obviously likes to fuck and she is fertile

Pretty good qualities for for this situation..

What constitutes your measure of "all?" The choices in the scenario offer three white folks, two of whom can reasonably be assumed to be productive, and all three of whom must be assumed to be upstanding.

I know what upstanding means, but I have no idea what you may think it means, OP-er, but regardless of what you think, I have news for you:
  • "Racist and white" and "upstanding and productive member of society" are not necessarily mutually exclusive. I'm sure there are racists who hold jobs, pay taxes, and contribute to their "whites-only" community. Indeed, I know some whites in the U.S. who have never encountered or spoken to a black person, but they have seen black people, mostly on television and in movies.
  • "50 years old, white and being a Catholic priest" is also not necessarily mutually exclusive with "upstanding and productive member of society."
  • If one is "20 year old, white, female, pregnant, has a two year old son and on welfare," one is less obviously a productive member of society, but one can very well be upstanding. To the extent such an individual economically contributes more to society than she takes from it, she too is a productive member of society.

I don't know if you're aware of it or not, but "being on welfare" does not mean that one's sole means of support is public assistance. It means that one receives some public assistance. Indeed, the majority of people receiving public assistance have a job too. (See also: Welfare In America: Most Low-Wage, Full-Time Workers Use Food Stamps, Housing Assistance, Analysis Shows)
The fact that you deem as not "upstanding citizens & productive members of society" the three white folks in the exercise says more about your own preconceived notions of what it means to be "upstanding citizens & productive members of society" than it does about whether any of them are. Accordingly, I kindly suggest you invest some of your time taking the course offered/suggest at one or more of these sites:
I'm sure at this point you doubt the merit of my suggestion. Continue reading...

I have no doubt that some parents did indeed make such a claim/inference. Some children are cursed with myopic mental midgets for parents. Kids are thus cursed mainly when they are stuck with parents who make no effort to see, think and examine things beyond their initial suppositions about them, or, to put it another way, their parents think as a child or adolescent would. Doing that is a manifestation of willful ignorance, and it's something parents should know better than to do.

According to the article you cited, "Parents say being forced to pick people to save based on their race and sexual identity is not a good lesson to teach." Well, that's just about the most irrelevant and sophomoric conclusion one might reach regarding the assignment. Yes, race is provided for each of the individuals.

From where I stand, it's clearly an exercise for teaching kids to refrain from jumping to specious conclusions or making/acting on hasty generalizations, specifically the kind that manifest themselves as or rely upon stereotypes about race in their decision making. The pedagogical point of the exercise is to provide a framework the teacher can use to catalyze instruction in that regard and about clear and rational/critical thinking.

What makes it clear the preceding is accurately adjudged as the points and approach of the exercise? The fact that, of all the traits provided, race is the only one that does not inherently have any relevant impact on whether the person is "worth" saving, from a practical and rational standpoint. For example, the construction worker could as well have been black or Latino, but his strength is of equal use no matter his race. The only relevance race has is its impact(s) on the thinking of one who thinks it makes a difference. In other words, race and whatever choices/leanings one makes/has pertaining to it are "all about" the person who allows race to be a factor, and not about the people of a given race.

To "succeed," the students must do one of the following:
  • Point out the insufficiency of reasoning attendant with making choices about people based on arbitrary traits provided and that don't have anything to do with a person's fitness for a given task or with the likelihood of one individual's superiority (based solely on the information given/available) over others in a given situation.
  • Articulate a choice (or approach to "narrowing the field") that is based on a line of sound critical reasoning, which necessarily must derive either (1) from practical exigencies that may be soundly inferred from the situational information given, or (2) from applying the tenets of a well developed system of moral philosophy/ethics (i.e., not because someone is a member of a given race) and that uses the intrinsic characteristics of the individual and situation as the basis of the decision. For example:
    • Choosing the construction worker because it can be inferred that he is likely the strongest, and his strength may be essential after the bombing is over, perhaps to open the door to get out the shelter if it's blocked.
    • Choosing the guy in wheelchair because choosing him is an act of kindness that, but for it, the man would surely perish.
    • Choosing the doctor because her skills will be essential for sustaining everyone's life during and after the conflagration.
I think it is pretty obvious what my point was, the minorities in this exercise were portrayed in a more favorable light than the whites, especially with the classification of the construction worker as racist

Obvious to you and other narrow minded individuals, well, that may be possible. Mother Nature has a way of providing individuals with strengths in one area to make up for shortcomings in others. For instance, she gaves dogs a much better sense of smell than cats, which have far better hearing than dogs. Pachyderms take a good deal longer to gestate and reach full maturity after birth, but once (if) they do, under normal circumstances, they live by and large unburdened with fear of predation and for a very long time and t hey get to pass on experiential knowledge gained over decades. It may be that among homo sapiens, the ability to mind read is the gift given to compensate for one's being too dimwitted.to see beyond what lies at the surface of things?
No obvious to anyone with critical thinking skills and intellectual honestly

Hell, I even said as much in the OP
So you say/said, but the evidence does not support your assertion.

And look at some of the foolishness you mentioned in your OP.
Catholic priest never had a shot with me either, cuz I plan to make babies with the Korean & I wouldn't wanna have to kill anybody, if the priest raped a kid on my watch in a post apocalyptic world, I would absolutely kill him after I ripped his balls off
Do think the bomb shelter can be reasonably assumed to be like Norad's facility, or the former Presidential nuclear war sae site, in the heart of a mountain and that has acres and acres of free space? Though it's possible the priest may be a child molester, it's almost certain he's not an exhibitionistic child molester. Just how much private space do you think there is in this bomb shelter? Did you, in your own mind, inject into the scenario that the group of you would never leave the shelter, or that you'd be the only humans to have a bomb shelter?
Evidence does not support?

Weird that you say that because it is obvious you can read

Furthermore, this thread was more of a troll than an attempt at a serious discussion, and much of my op was written in attempt at humor

And it is pretty obvious, something that most people would pick up on

Lastly, I flat out said that the labeling of whites as less than desirable, coupled with the classification of minorities in more respected roles demonstrated an agenda

So, you either are not very bright (which I don't believe) or you are being purposefully obtuse and argumentative...
Xelor must have deleted his original post because I cannot find it.

I think it is pretty obvious what my point was, the minorities in this exercise were portrayed in a more favorable light than the whites, especially with the classification of the construction worker as racist

Obvious to you and other narrow minded individuals, well, that may be possible. Mother Nature has a way of providing individuals with strengths in one area to make up for shortcomings in others. For instance, she gaves dogs a much better sense of smell than cats, which have far better hearing than dogs. Pachyderms take a good deal longer to gestate and reach full maturity after birth, but once (if) they do, under normal circumstances, they live by and large unburdened with fear of predation and for a very long time and t hey get to pass on experiential knowledge gained over decades. It may be that among homo sapiens, the ability to mind read is the gift given to compensate for one's being too dimwitted.to see beyond what lies at the surface of things?
No obvious to anyone with critical thinking skills and intellectual honestly

Hell, I even said as much in the OP
So you say/said, but the evidence does not support your assertion.

And look at some of the foolishness you mentioned in your OP.
Do think the bomb shelter can be reasonably assumed to be like Norad's facility, or the former Presidential nuclear war sae site, in the heart of a mountain and that has acres and acres of free space? Though it's possible the priest may be a child molester, it's almost certain he's not an exhibitionistic child molester. Just how much private space do you think there is in this bomb shelter? Did you, in your own mind, inject into the scenario that the group of you would never leave the shelter, or that you'd be the only humans to have a bomb shelter?
Evidence does not support?

Weird that you say that because it is obvious you can read

Furthermore, this thread was more of a troll than an attempt at a serious discussion, and much of my op was written in attempt at humor

And it is pretty obvious, something that most people would pick up on

Lastly, I flat out said that the labeling of whites as less than desirable, coupled with the classification of minorities in more respected roles demonstrated an agenda

So, you either are not very bright (which I don't believe) or you are being purposefully obtuse and argumentative...
Xelor must have deleted his original post because I cannot find it.
Good thing I quoted him in time then...

The average high school male will chose the Asian babe. Asian babes are beauties but a high schooler won't know about their reputation for being the meanest women on Earth.

IDK man, the welfare queen obviously likes to fuck and she is fertile

Pretty good qualities for for this situation..
I assumed that the welfare queen was a white trash one not a Negro babe.

I would hope the Korean babe is fertile also.

The Korean babe is my 1st choice.

She can be my girl-Friday.

I'd choose a new school system. This garbage has replaced math and science, and is turning our children into left wing zombies, who will never find work and are to stupid to build a shelter.

If we get nuked, please make Berkeley ground zero.......

I love people who criticize education, but make mistakes like this!
Criticizing the propagandist agenda over basics is needed. It is not up to schools to instill into children the moral basics or the beliefs. That is a parents job. The schools should only get involved if there is some sort of bullying going on. At six, nine and twelve children shouldn't be learning blowjobs aren't sex and being queer is fine and dandy.
Well California disagrees with you -- they are teaching elementary school kids about gay rights.

So a few parents are upset about a hypothetical morals scenario that was assigned to students in NC

Some feel the assignment is racist. Well, it is racist, because these SJWs just cannot help themselves - ALL of the whites are cast in a bad light, or are "dregs of society"

All of the "minorities" are upstanding citizens & productive members of society. Why? Because thrashing white people is what these fools like to do...

Anywho - let's set that aside. Let's look at the assignment and share with the class here in USMB what our picks would be!

The assignment:

The assignment is called the "Bomb Shelter Activity." The scenario is that the President of the United States issues a warning of a nuclear attack, and the student's family has access to a bomb shelter. The student can pick four strangers to go into the bomb shelter for safety.

The assignment has the student decide between different ethnic groups.

According to the Facebook post, the choices are a "35 year old White male construction worker who is a racist," a "40 year old Black female doctor who is a lesbian," a "50 year old White male who is a Catholic Priest," a "25 year old Hispanic male who is a lawyer and is wheelchair bound," a "30 year old Korean-American female who is a former college athlete," and a "20 year old White female who is pregnant, has a two year old son and is on welfare."

Parents say school 'bomb shelter' assignment promotes racism

My choice:

1. Korean athlete - this is a no brainer, especially if we have to think about repopulating the earth
2. Construction worker - another no brainer, don't care that he is "racist" He knows how to build shit & we are talking about making it in a post apocalyptic world. Besides, he has probably been mislabeled as a racist just because he voted to Make America Great Again, but either way, he is in
3. 20 year old welfare queen - obviously a slut & the construction worker will need someone to bang (cuz, I'm calling dibs on the Asian athlete...) Only consideration is does the 2 year old come with her? Doesn't matter, she's in either way
4. Lesbian doc - hopefully she knows her shit, as medical skills will come in handy

crippled lawyer is 1st out, I mean talk about less than worthless in this scenario

so - who would YOU pick?

upstanding citizen? you're a white trash uneducated lowlife bigot.
Address the topic!
Pretty sure she/he Tipsycatlover already did, monkey face.

You just did not get it.

It can only push the kids to do just that by segregating , the teacher creates the segregating, rather than this-

You need to go to a bomb shelter and can take 4 others with you. Your choices:

A doctor
A construction worker
A minister
A lawyer
An athlete
A mother

Which 4 would you choose and why.

Now, that is called an exercise in critical thinking. The problem given was an exercise is isolating by skin color, lifestyle; segregating.

No, it is segregating. What would it matter, under those circumstances what race or lifestyle someone has? To those that don't see color, nothing, we could care less.
The person assigning it wanted to segregate them. Not by what they could bring to the table, but by what color their skin was or their lifestyle.

Maybe the person assigning it wanted to challenge students' assumptions. Would a person's skin color or orientation or religion matter more than their skill set?

The critical thinking comes when someone is forced to defend why they don't want the black lesbian in the shelter. People do take those things into account. Are you new here?
A lesbo Negro physician would be my second choice, actually.

It can only push the kids to do just that by segregating , the teacher creates the segregating, rather than this-

A doctor
A construction worker
A minister
A lawyer
An athlete
A mother

Now, that is called an exercise in critical thinking. The problem given was an exercise is isolating by skin color, lifestyle; segregating.

No, it is segregating. What would it matter, under those circumstances what race or lifestyle someone has? To those that don't see color, nothing, we could care less.
The person assigning it wanted to segregate them. Not by what they could bring to the table, but by what color their skin was or their lifestyle.

Maybe the person assigning it wanted to challenge students' assumptions. Would a person's skin color or orientation or religion matter more than their skill set?

The critical thinking comes when someone is forced to defend why they don't want the black lesbian in the shelter. People do take those things into account. Are you new here?

No kid in elementary school should be forced to do that. Only someone promoting an agenda would even ask such a question, and that isn't a school teacher's job.

I agree! An elementary student should not be assigned this!

It's a high school assignment.
Graduate school in social science yes.

Undergrads no.

High school no.

Middle school no.

Elementary school no.

Preschool no.

A doctor
A construction worker
A minister
A lawyer
An athlete
A mother

A lesbo Negro physician would be my second choice, actually.

I was thinking of Steve_McWhatshisface. I doubt he'd invite in the doctor.

"35 year old White male construction worker who is a racist," he can work to rebuild, the "25 year old Hispanic male who is a lawyer and is wheelchair bound," can keep the racist inline, a "30 year old Korean-American female who is a former college athlete," to push the wheel chair bound dude and collect other things when needed, the "20 year old White female who is pregnant, has a two year old son and is on welfare", as she is like getting three for one.

added I forgot to include the dude in the wheel chair can help teach junior and gives a place for junior to ride when the walk is getting too long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back