Racist Woman Sings Black Power Anthem Instead of National Anthem

I would venture to say that any acting our past military personnel would find this offensive.

It wasn't a military gathering. It appears to have been a community meeting in Denver, the purposes/goals of the meeting are not made clear. I work a lot in the black community, I understand that they sometimes do things a little differently, but if you read the lyrics of the song, it expresses the same depth of commitment to this country as the national anthem does, in a way that is representative of their history and struggle.

It was the State of the City address.

Regardless of where or what the meeting was about the woman did wrong.

With that many people in attendence of course there had to be some veterans in the audience.

Sadly, some of the man placed their hand over their heart as you would do with the National Anthem.

This whole episode was disgraceful. :evil:

Last edited:

With that many people in attendence of course there had to be some veterans in the audience.

Sadly, some of the man placed their hand over their heart as you would do with the National Anthem.

Why would it matter if they were veterans or non-veterans? Do you think only vets care about America? What a moron you are.

Also, why is she called an "Obama woman?"

Why would it matter if they were veterans or non-veterans? Do you think only vets care about America? What a moron you are.

Also, why is she called an "Obama woman?"
100 bucks says she has an "Obama" sticker on her car.

Just saying :cool:

This is why they want to be called African Americans and not Americans

What they should have done was to cut her mike off the moment they realized she wasn't singing The Star Spangled Banner. Just as I feel they should do when singers choose to ad-lib the song or can't remember the words.

Nothing is more pathetic than to see a bunch of white folk singing "We shall overcome..." It's just wrong.

There's nothing wrong with the song; it's nor racist or subversive, nor is it something any American should be uncomfortable with singing (or hearing). HOWEVER, upon reading the story behind this event, it appears that (1) she was invited for the purpose of singing our National Anthem, and (2) apparently, that is something she does not feel she can do, at least, not in good conscience. The right thing to do in that case, would have been for her to so inform whoever invited her, rather than to simply sing what she chose. That aspect of it IS disrespectful, and personally, as a veteran AND as an American, I would not have stood, nor rendered any sort of salute, to this "national anthem" that was not "The National Anthem" (just as I would not, for ANY butchered version of same done for the purpose of making a political statement). She has every right to do that, (just as Obama has every right to render a sloppy/improper/nonexistent salute) and any other American, vet or not, has an equal right to be offended by the act. There are times and places for making a public performance into a political statement; the playing and/or singing of the National Anthem is not one of them.

There's nothing wrong with the song; it's nor racist or subversive, nor is it something any American should be uncomfortable with singing (or hearing). HOWEVER, upon reading the story behind this event, it appears that (1) she was invited for the purpose of singing our National Anthem, and (2) apparently, that is something she does not feel she can do, at least, not in good conscience. The right thing to do in that case, would have been for her to so inform whoever invited her, rather than to simply sing what she chose. That aspect of it IS disrespectful, and personally, as a veteran AND as an American, I would not have stood, nor rendered any sort of salute, to this "national anthem" that was not "The National Anthem" (just as I would not, for ANY butchered version of same done for the purpose of making a political statement). She has every right to do that, (just as Obama has every right to render a sloppy/improper/nonexistent salute) and any other American, vet or not, has an equal right to be offended by the act. There are times and places for making a public performance into a political statement; the playing and/or singing of the National Anthem is not one of them.
:confused:

The best way to make a political statement is during a political event. Right or wrong that's when it gets attention.

:confused:

The best way to make a political statement is during a political event. Right or wrong that's when it gets attention.

I don't necessarily disagree with that point, Ravi, but there are other ways to do that, without showing disrespect during or in performing the National Anthem (which ought not be political, or politicized). Had she sung the anthem properly, and THEN made a comment about how she felt, that would have been different, IMHO.

Thats how they do things in third world countries

If I wanted to listen to old gospel Negro spirituals then I would go down the street on Sunday to the local A.M.E. Zionist Church.

Maybe Rev. Wright would be preaching there that day. :cool:

But they use bacon grease, instead of holy oil, for the anointing and it would burn a hole in your forehead -wouldn't it?

Forum List

Back