Rand Paul calls for Chris Christie beer summit

chris-christie-obama-hug-buddies-photo-op-hurricane-sandy.jpg

So a clause relating to free trade, and the Fourth Amendment which says people shall be secure in their own property. Kind of makes the opposite argument from what you're claiming they do.

Opposite? How so?

Free trade means free to trade with whomever you'd like, or not, for whatever reason. The Fourth Amendment secures people's property from the government, implying that their property rights are superior to the government's claims on their property. In other words, your claim that they're "allowed" to do business on their property, implying that permission may be taken away, is completely wrong.

I'm sorry, did you read what I sourced?

Section 8, clause 3 bestows the power of congress to regulate trade. It's not a totally free market. If it were, there would be no market. A totally free market would eventually become a monopoly or huge conglomerate. It also allows congress to bar discrimination in places of commerce.

And there's nothing implicit that ties commerce with the home. And even that is not totally free of government search and seizure. But there is a process that is to be followed should the government deem it necessary to perform such actions.

Opposite? How so?

Free trade means free to trade with whomever you'd like, or not, for whatever reason. The Fourth Amendment secures people's property from the government, implying that their property rights are superior to the government's claims on their property. In other words, your claim that they're "allowed" to do business on their property, implying that permission may be taken away, is completely wrong.

I'm sorry, did you read what I sourced?

Section 8, clause 3 bestows the power of congress to regulate trade. It's not a totally free market. If it were, there would be no market. A totally free market would eventually become a monopoly or huge conglomerate. It also allows congress to bar discrimination in places of commerce.

And there's nothing implicit that ties commerce with the home. And even that is not totally free of government search and seizure. But there is a process that is to be followed should the government deem it necessary to perform such actions.

Yes, to make trade free among the states. Nothing more.

The Fourth Amendment doesn't only apply to the home.

I would advise Christie to steer clear of any meeting with Paul.
He should avoid associations with racists.

If could hurt his future.

Is there anyone posting in this thread opposed to Rand Paul and in favor of Chris Christie who DIDN"T vote for Barrack Obama?

Anyone?

That should tell you all you need to know.

Wow, like this sounds so familiar..

Where did I hear this before??

Sen. Rand Paul once again put forward his desire for a truce with Gov. Chris Christie on Wednesday afternoon, inviting the New Jersey politician for a beer so that they could “kiss and makeup” and discuss ideas.

“With Gov. Christie it’s gotten a little too personal, so we’re ready to kiss and makeup,” the Kentucky Republican said to Fox’s Neil Cavuto. “I think it’s time to dial it down. I think we’ve got enough Democrats to attack and maybe Republicans can quit attacking Republicans.”

Read more: Rand Paul calls for Chris Christie beer summit - Breanna Edwards - POLITICO.com
:lol:

kiss and make-up on a beer summit, no way.

Christie turned him down.

No beer summit for Christie, Paul - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

“At times people have said Chris Christie has some libertarian leanings so it’s actually a little ironic that we see him criticizing libertarians in the party for libertarian influences, because some libertarians actually had high hopes that he had some libertarian leanings,” Paul added, joking that maybe they could meet on neutral ground, like Philadelphia, if necessary.

Rand Paul calls for Chris Christie beer summit - Breanna Edwards - POLITICO.com

This was a bizarre claim by Rand though. I don't know of any libertarians who had any hopes whatsoever for Christie.

You are just now seeing that Rand is bizarre?

He's actually picking the worst fight he could possibly pick.

Yup. Rand's gonna wake up in the morning with one of those really fine Kentucky thoroughbred heads under his bankies if he keeps fucking with Christie.

Wow, like this sounds so familiar..

Where did I hear this before??

Sen. Rand Paul once again put forward his desire for a truce with Gov. Chris Christie on Wednesday afternoon, inviting the New Jersey politician for a beer so that they could “kiss and makeup” and discuss ideas.

“With Gov. Christie it’s gotten a little too personal, so we’re ready to kiss and makeup,” the Kentucky Republican said to Fox’s Neil Cavuto. “I think it’s time to dial it down. I think we’ve got enough Democrats to attack and maybe Republicans can quit attacking Republicans.”

Read more: Rand Paul calls for Chris Christie beer summit - Breanna Edwards - POLITICO.com
:lol:

kiss and make-up on a beer summit, no way.

Christie only drinks Chianti from the Old Country, or at least from his cousins in Brooklyn.

Is there anyone posting in this thread opposed to Rand Paul and in favor of Chris Christie who DIDN"T vote for Barrack Obama?

Anyone?

Well, since no one is jumping up to answer, let's go through the posters.

Sallow - Obama

Rightwinger - Obama

Camp - Obama

NYCarbineer - Obama

Luddly Neddite - Obama

MarcATL - Obama

Bodecea _ Obama

Nodoginnafight - Obama

Auditor0007 - Obama

Dot Cot - Obama

WTF do ya know! That's EVERYONE in this thread that is pro-Christie, Anti-Rand Paul.

:lmao:

Last edited:
Me. I didn't vote for Mitt, either though. I wanted to, but he didn't walk back either the 47% thing or the self-deportation thing. The planned parenthood thing was a problem for me too, but living in Wyoming for years, I got used to Mormons saying crazy shit about women, but oddly they didn't have hate in their hearts.

Me. I didn't vote for Mitt, either though. I wanted to, but he didn't walk back either the 47% thing or the self-deportation thing. The planned parenthood thing was a problem for me too, but living in Wyoming for years, I got used to Mormons saying crazy shit about women, but oddly they didn't have hate in their hearts.

I took you off the Obama list.

I voted for Romney...lesser of two evils.

The last time I'm doing it.

You are an A-HOLE Missourian, and one of those A-HOLES that thinks he is way smarter than he really is. I have worked with John McCain and could never in a million years vote against him. My all time favorite Sen. and another Senator I worked with is Bob Smith (R) NH. I couldn't bring myself to support Romney, but Obama did't get my vote. I concentrated my politics on local races in 2012. You sound like a Palin person, when things don't go your way, quit.

You are an A-HOLE Missourian, and one of those A-HOLES that thinks he is way smarter than he really is. I have worked with John McCain and could never in a million years vote against him. My all time favorite Sen. and another Senator I worked with is Bob Smith (R) NH. I couldn't bring myself to support Romney, but Obama did't get my vote. I concentrated my politics on local races in 2012. You sound like a Palin person, when things don't go your way, quit.

Who are you again?

Nevermind, it's not important.

I've given your opinion every ounce of consideration and respect it deserves, and filed it accordingly.
GalvTrashCan%20(2).jpg6d14ed3c-ec0c-40e0-8a40-8bd53dc99d5eSmall.jpg

Last edited:

Anyone?

Well, since no one is jumping up to answer, let's go through the posters.

Sallow - Obama

Rightwinger - Obama

Camp - Obama

NYCarbineer - Obama

Luddly Neddite - Obama

MarcATL - Obama

Bodecea _ Obama

Nodoginnafight - Obama

Auditor0007 - Obama

Dot Cot - Obama

WTF do ya know! That's EVERYONE in this thread that is pro-Christie, Anti-Rand Paul.

:lmao:

Surprisingly, I saw the same bullshit in the last election

No REAL Republican would support Mitt Romney. REAL Republicans want Sarah Palin or Ron Paul.

Come election time, you were all part of the Romney revolution

Forum List

Back