Rand Paul Constitutional Amendment:

I think Despotcrat Overseers and Repugnatcan Lords should be bound by their own laws.

Can you give me an example of a law that doesn't apply to Members of Congress?

Don't say Obamacare, cause that would be a lie.

Obamacare "applies" to Congress a lot more than it applies to me.

Minimum Wage laws, for one.

In what sense?

I think it's a safe bet to say that Members of Congress and their staff are paid more than minimum wage.

Adiing and abetting Al Qaeda is treason. Obama has declared he will instantly smite any peon that is even suspected of communicating with Al Qaeda.

Meanwhile, Obama and Mccain arm, train and fund them in Syria, and other jihadist groups in Egypt, Libya and Syria.

Damn that was easy.

Would like lesser examples?

Don't say Obamacare, cause that would be a lie.

Obamacare "applies" to Congress a lot more than it applies to me.

Minimum Wage laws, for one.

In what sense?

I think it's a safe bet to say that Members of Congress and their staff are paid more than minimum wage.

You would be wrong about that. Many of them aren't paid at all.

“Congress shall make no law applicable to a citizen of the United States that is not equally applicable to Congress.”

Oh, brother – you’ve got to be kidding.

Paul is as much an idiot as his father, if not more so.

The Nation is in need of responsible governance from Congress and this fool, along with his fellow republican nitwits, is wasting time with this childish nonsense.

Adiing and abetting Al Qaeda is treason. Obama has declared he will instantly smite any peon that is even suspected of communicating with Al Qaeda.

Link? I don't think that Obama has ever said anything like that.

Meanwhile, Obama and Mccain arm, train and fund them in Syria, and other jihadist groups in Egypt, Libya and Syria.

Damn that was easy.

Would like lesser examples?

It's not an example, at all - it's an entirely different debate. You're attempting to change the subject.

Official US foreign policy, no matter how much I may disagree with it, does NOT under fit under any definition of "treason".

It's not an example, at all - it's an entirely different debate. You're attempting to change the subject.
[/B]
Official US foreign policy, no matter how much I may disagree with it, does NOT under fit under any definition of "treason".

You asked for an example, you got it. Naturally, any example I provide of this "Nobility" behavior is going to imply a secondary debate.

John Mccain flew to Syria and sat down with Al Qaeda.

Last edited by a moderator:

[/B]

You asked for an example, you got it. Naturally, any example I provide of this "Nobility" behavior is going to imply a secondary debate.

John Mccain flew to Syria and sat down with Al Qaeda.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNYmK19-d0U]President Obama on Death of Osama bin Laden - YouTube[/ame]

It's not an example of what I asked for, in any way.

It's not an example of a law that Congress exempted themselves from, which is the topic of your thread, and this conversation.

In what sense?

All the staffers that I know are, except for the interns.

Bingo! Also, many of the staffers get no benefits. Congress routinely violates labor laws, along with numerous other government regulations.

All the staffers that I know are, except for the interns.

Bingo! Also, many of the staffers get no benefits. Congress routinely violates labor laws, along with numerous other government regulations.

Internships are not a violation of minimum wage laws.

There is some truth to what you're saying, but it doesn't have to do with minimum wage laws or benefits. Things like OSHA laws and stuff like that.

“Congress shall make no law applicable to a citizen of the United States that is not equally applicable to Congress.”

This amendment also contains two provisions that apply that same principle to the executive branch and judicial branch of the federal government.

Senator Rand Paul: A long-needed constitutional amendment - Washington Times

Do you know what strikes me as odd? The men who constantly talk about the Constitution and their reverance for it are the same men who always seem the most intent on changing it. Mark Levin is another example.

Doesn't that strike you as odd?

This amendment also contains two provisions that apply that same principle to the executive branch and judicial branch of the federal government.

Senator Rand Paul: A long-needed constitutional amendment - Washington Times

Do you know what strikes me as odd? The men who constantly talk about the Constitution and their reverance for it are the same men who always seem the most intent on changing it. Mark Levin is another example.

Doesn't that strike you as odd?

True.

They seem to have more contempt for the Founding Document than reverence.

Why do we need an amendment for a principle that is already clear? The fact that any of our representatives think they should be exempt from the laws they make shows their corruption to a degree that makes them unworthy of service.

Forum List

Back