Rand Paul Fires Back at Fascist McCain and Graham

GeoLaureate8

Nobody
May 22, 2011
Sin City
"They think the whole world is a battlefield, including America, and that the laws of war should apply,” Paul said in an interview on Fox News about McCain and Graham, who had described Paul’s comments about drones as “ridiculous.”

“The laws of war don't involve due process, so when they ask you for an attorney you tell them to shut up. That's not my understanding of the way America works,” Paul told Fox. “I don't think the laws of war apply to America, I think the Bill of Rights do and I think it's a disservice to our soldiers that our senators up there arguing that the Bill of Rights aren't important."

Paul said whether drones can be used against U.S. citizens on U.S. soil is a “very serious question” and was at the root of Wednesday’s filibuster, which delayed a final confirmation vote on John Brennan, President Obama’s nominee to lead the CIA."

Paul fires back: Sens. McCain, Graham think the 'whole world is a battlefield' - The Hill's Video

I find it hilarious that the ACLU, John Cusack, Jon Stewart, Code Pink stand with Rand and Progressives stand with warhawk fascist 100 years war John McCain.

It simply shows where gullible minds are located. Most of us can see through Rand Paul's self-serving bullshit.

I find it hilarious that the ACLU, John Cusack, Jon Stewart, Code Pink stand with Rand and Progressives stand with warhawk fascist 100 years war John McCain.

It simply shows where gullible minds are located. Most of us can see through Rand Paul's self-serving bullshit.

Right, if a Bush AG had said what holder did you'd be shitting all over yourself calling for impeachment. You really are one hypocritical ass.

Everyone in existence is self-serving, if you aren't you are categorically insane. But Rand Paul has displayed the most selflessness, most self-sacrifice that has ever been seen in politics.

Rand Paul voted for Chuck Hagel and endured a firestorm from the Neo-Cons and Tea Party. How is that selfish? Sounds like principle.

He stood on the Senate floor without sitting and without bathroom break for 13 hours.

Last edited:

"Self-serving"?
How so?

I can wait a couple days until you get you TPM e-mail

Right, if a Bush AG had said what holder did you'd be shitting all over yourself calling for impeachment. You really are one hypocritical ass.

I think it's long been established that Lakhota and his crew are NOT liberals, they are Authoritarians. This has been evident since the 10 Gun Myths/Meme thread.

Libertarian Democrats and Libertarian Republicans must set aside our differences and unite to bring down Authoritarianism from both the extreme Left and the extreme Right.

This will only be possible through the yet-to-be-used method of amending the Constitution, having the States petition for Constitutional Convention. The Founding Fathers were smart, and devised a method by which the States could decentralize the Federal Government if it became dominated by Authoritarians who refused to Amend the Constitution from the Federal level.

Once we've restored Federalism and reinvigorated our civil liberties, Dems and Republicans can return to hashing out their normal differences. As for right now, Authoritarianism vs Libertarianism is the battle we must fight. I believe politically interested Americans are becoming more aware of this each day. It wasn't until mid-December (2012) that I realized what was going on (when the attack on the 2nd Amendment was started by the Party I voted into office in 2012 election, I realized that voting Democrat was no better than voting Republican, and that Libertarianism is where I had to devote my efforts).

Last edited:

I don't recall Rand Paul or any Republican's making a big stink during the Bush debacle.

I don't recall Rand Paul or any Republican's making a big stink during the Bush debacle.

Can you be a tad more specific, I have no idea how to respond to such a broad statement.

Can you be a tad more specific, I have no idea how to respond to such a broad statement.

Rand Paul was not a politician during Bush and not in the public eye, but during the filibuster he said he opposed George W. Bush's torture and against the war in Iraq.

Rand Paul was not a politician during Bush and not in the public eye, but during the filibuster he said he opposed George W. Bush's torture and against the war in Iraq.

You're not a politician or in the public eye, either.
Does that mean you have no opinion on world affairs?

Youre an idiot. I told you what his opinion was. I never said he had no opinion, I said the exact opposite, learn to goddamn read.

My point was that you can't sit here and ask "why didnt Rand criticize Bush" when you wouldn't know if he did or not because cameras weren't at his dining room reporting his opinions 10 years ago. You can only go based on his word. (Yes, I know hes done a couple interviews on camera earlier in his years.)

Youre an idiot. I told you what his opinion was. I never said he had no opinion, I said the exact opposite, learn to goddamn read.

My point was that you can't sit here and ask "why didnt Rand criticize Bush" when you wouldn't know if he did or not because cameras weren't at his dining room reporting his opinions 10 years ago. You can only go based on his word. (Yes, I know hes done a couple interviews on camera earlier in his years.)

Chillax.....
Name-calling and cursing?

We actually agree.
Just misunderstood your post.
Thought you were calling Paul a liar about his opposition.

Chillax.....
Name-calling and cursing?

We actually agree.
Just misunderstood your post.
Thought you were calling Paul a liar about his opposition.

Ah gotcha. I am the OP tho, I thought it was clear I was defending Paul, lol. I get fired up when I see blatant falsehoods thrown back as if it were legit rebuttal.

Forum List

Back