Rand Paul on Saudi Arabia

xyz

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2016
One of the best speeches I've heard in a long time:

He's absolutely right. Imagine if a group like IS takes over Saudi Arabia. Not that it's not fundamentalist enough as it is now.

He makes very important points on Yemen as well.

I don't agree with him on a lot of other things, but this speech was spot-on.

Last edited:
Rand is right. Sadly, no one will listen to him. The American empire must continue unabated.

When Trump kissed the asses of the Saudi barbarians, I lost a lot of faith that he would do anything different.

It is amazing the murderous nature of the American ruling class. Yet millions of Americans have no clue.

It's apparently a really old relationship, 1950 oil relations, 1951 military, according to this timeline:
US-Saudi relations: A timeline

I have a hard time imagining a change in this, either from Democrats or Republicans.

It's time to seriously reassess our close relationship with Saudi Arabia. I mean, our Government knows it funded & armed ISIS in Syria. And most of the 9/11 Terrorists were Saudis. It's time to rethink things.

Last edited:
It's time to seriously reassess out close relationship with Saudi Arabia. I mean, our Government knows it funded & armed ISIS in Syria. And most of the 9/11 Terrorists were Saudis. It's time to rethink things.
It is more than that. It is time to stop supporting and arming the Saudi royal family.

What is going on in Yemen is a war crime, but notice how the American media reports nothing.

He's absolutely right. Imagine if a group like IS takes over Saudi Arabia. Not that it's not fundamentalist enough as it is now.

The most immediate danger is Iran and Russia not ISIS. Iran is trying to create a Persian Empire. They control Syria, have major influences in Iraq and Lebanon, and are trying to take over Yemen. If they succeeded, that would leave Saudi Arabia surrounded. That is why they have forces in Yemen and are supplying arms to rebels in Syria fighting the Iran controlled Assad.

The most immediate danger is Iran and Russia not ISIS. Iran is trying to create a Persian Empire. They control Syria, have major influences in Iraq and Lebanon, and are trying to take over Yemen. If they succeeded, that would leave Saudi Arabia surrounded. That is why they have forces in Yemen and are supplying arms to rebels in Syria fighting the Iran controlled Assad.

Let's just leave the Middle East. We don't belong in their lands. We never did.

I don't agree with Hezbollah or Bashar al Assad, on the other hand, the Saudi war against Yemen is a disaster.

I also don't think Iran and Russia are that connected. They are not enemies, but that's about it.

If the reports that Russia was behind the Qatar blockade are correct, it would mean Russia is not afraid to set the Middle East on fire, to cover for Trump or just put the US in a bad position.

Righties and Trump shut down expansion wh Cuba , but then suck up to Saudi Arabia because they buy weapons from us .

Righties and Trump shut down expansion wh Cuba , but then suck up to Saudi Arabia because they buy weapons from us .
You can see that, but couldn't see any of Big Ears many hypocrisies.

Such as ?
Really?

Yes really . You imply there's a ton of them, yet mention none .
Big Ears was one very big hypocrisy. Sorry you are so blind you can't see them.

Such as ?
Really?

And yet you can't give any examples .

Such as ?
Really?

And yet you can't give any examples .
If I did, would it make any difference?

Forum List

Back