🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rand Paul says vaccines can lead to "mental disorders."

In rare cases vaccines have caused mental and physical disorders. Technically and medically, Rand is correct.

But vaccines save many more lives than they damage.

If we live in a truly free society, then the decision to vaccinate or not should rest with the parents, not the state. The state should educate about vaccines, by putting out facts, not propaganda.
But that was not what Randian Paul was alluding to. He was giving credence to the proven incorrect view that vaccinations lead to autism.

It is a free society, though perhaps people should not be allowed to go to Disneyland or movies or out in PUBLIC w/o having had vaccinations. Moreover, who'd vote for an idiot who expressed this view? Probably you would. LOL

what is it about facts that confuse you. What Rand said is accurate. He did not say that ALL kids who get vaccines will have problems, he said that some will, and that is a medical and statistical fact.

But on voting for idiots----------------------"what difference does it make" " ah aint no ways tarred" "it was caused by a video"
The country got a shot for Obamagitis...and now we're brain dead.

We need to ahve every qualified child vaccinated, so we can protect those who can't be vaccinated because of medical conditions.

The medical conditions that McCarthy has is called FuckWitism.

Maybe the illegal kids started this measles outbreak.

If it had not been for parents being concerned about these vacations we would have never of found out about the mercury in them being used as a preservative.
Now parents have a choice to get vaccines without that mercury.
What else is in them that we don't know about?
it wasn't a secret, and it wasn't/isn't dangerous.
[

No, but those parents are pretty dumb.

Agreed. I had all my children (and dogs) vaccinated. But Rand Paul is right, it is a matter for the parents to decide, children are not the property of the state.
it's not up to other parents to put my health and the health of my children at risk.

I think it is silly not to vaccinate your children. Vaccinations have saved countless lives, and you put your child at risk for a deadly disease if not vaccinated, as with the most recent outbreak of measles. If vaccines were directly responsible for mental disorders or autism, etc., then almost everyone who was vaccinated would have these issues, but they don't. :dunno: Not to say some people might not have a bad reaction, that happens sometimes but usually is pretty easy to control with simple measures.

Until the researchers find what is causing this autism rise we won't really know what is doing this.
They are doing all kinds of research from food to drinks and vaccines and environment.
In the mean time that vast majority of parents are getting their kids vaccinated.
i've got a rock in my garage that causes autism in children.

there's just as much evidence to back that claim up as there is the claim it's caused by vaccines.

Last edited:

If it had not been for parents being concerned about these vacations we would have never of found out about the mercury in them being used as a preservative.
[

Agreed. I had all my children (and dogs) vaccinated. But Rand Paul is right, it is a matter for the parents to decide, children are not the property of the state.
it's not up to other parents to put my health and the health of my children at risk.

Can you still get the disease if you're vaccinated against it? I thought only people who weren't vaccinated would get it and those who were vaccinated were safe?

I haven't said anything negative about Rand Paul, which makes you creepy.

Yer a leftist scumbag promoting a lie.

Pretty typical of democats.

Rand Paul needs to show us the peer reviewed research to back up his statement.

this isn't something new. this has been a concern of many parents for a long time. but they want to mock Paul about it. I just hope people are taking note for when it come time for the next election

If other people don't want to get vaccinated and want to take their chances of getting some terrible disease, then I don't really care, as long as those of us who are vaccinated are protected.

[

Can you still get the disease if you're vaccinated against it? I thought only people who weren't vaccinated would get it and those who were vaccinated were safe?
in some cases. vaccines are not 100% effective. they're highly effective, but not 100%.
it's also possible that people may not be able to get a vaccine for other health reasons, or because of age.
or, once an unvaccinated person becomes ill their compromised immune system could become susceptible to secondary diseases that we aren't vaccinated against.
or, resources needed to treat me or my children for illnesses we can't vaccinate against will not be available because they have been or are being used to treat completely preventable diseases.

If other people don't want to get vaccinated and want to take their chances of getting some terrible disease, then I don't really care, as long as those of us who are vaccinated are protected.
What about these who can't be vaccinated.

Stephanie wants to sentence them to death.

What about these who can't be vaccinated.

Stephanie wants to sentence them to death.

She does not. Geez. :rolleyes-41: Some people don't want the government to force them, and I don't necessarily disagree, but this is where it gets hard for me because they are important to protect us from disease.

[

in some cases. vaccines are not 100% effective. they're highly effective, but not 100%.
it's also possible that people may not be able to get a vaccine for other health reasons, or because of age.
or, once an unvaccinated person becomes ill their compromised immune system could become susceptible to secondary diseases that we aren't vaccinated against.
or, resources needed to treat me or my children for illnesses we can't vaccinate against will not be available because they have been or are being used to treat completely preventable diseases.

Yes, that's a great point that I've heard made before. Thanks.

I wonder what your average young mom thinks when she hears these scare tactics? I still have to think that autism would be much, much more wide spread if it was caused by vaccinations.

And, are there really MORE cases, or are they just more proficient at diagnosing autism nowadays?

He should know better, being a doctor. I've never heard of a doctor who would advise against vaccinations because of the off chance that it is related to autism. A lot of these disease can KILL you.

Parents do not have the right to put the children of other parents at risk.

Not to mention the people that for medical reasons cannot get the shots.

Don't get shots. Don't wear your seatbelt. Don't wear a motorcycle helmet. Hate the government. Pray for a return of the 13th century.

I wonder what your average young mom thinks when she hears these scare tactics? I still have to think that autism would be much, much more wide spread if it was caused by vaccinations.

And, are there really MORE cases, or are they just more proficient at diagnosing autism nowadays?
i'm extremely cynical when it comes to stuff like this - but when a parent gets their kid a diagnosis, whatever it might be, that lets them off the hook for being a parent.

not that everyone is that way, or that even most are, but sometimes i wonder how often that happens.

i'm extremely cynical when it comes to stuff like this - but when a parent gets their kid a diagnosis, whatever it might be, that lets them off the hook for being a parent.

not that everyone is that way, or that even most are, but sometimes i wonder how often that happens.

Well, I know there are different types autism, some cases are worse than others. I don't really know how they diagnose it. I don't think it's like ADHD though, which it seems SO many children are diagnosed with. I've seen a check list for ADD, and some of the questions they are just silly. Things that I think most kids experience from time to time and certainly doesn't indicate ADHD. Autism is a more clinical diagnosis I think though, than just a psychiatric type of diagnosis.

The problem with that is babies.

Babies aren't old enough to have vaccinations. So if the baby's parents take them to a school function for their older child and one child there who isn't vaccinated has a disease that child can spread it to that baby and that baby will die.

How about if I put it in the selfish terms that you seem to be expressing above.

You maybe vaccinated but your new born baby isn't. In fact your baby won't start to get vaccinations for months or even as much as a year. You take your baby to your older child's school play. Without your knowledge, a child there who isn't vaccinated has the measles and spreads it to your unvaccinated baby. Your baby dies.

Now will you care?

The problem with that is babies.

Babies aren't old enough to have vaccinations. So if the baby's parents take them to a school function for their older child and one child there who isn't vaccinated has a disease that child can spread it to that baby and that baby will die.

How about if I put it in the selfish terms that you seem to be expressing above.

You maybe vaccinated but your new born baby isn't. In fact your baby won't start to get vaccinations for months or even as much as a year. You take your baby to your older child's school play. Without your knowledge, a child there who isn't vaccinated has the measles and spreads it to your unvaccinated baby. Your baby dies.

Now will you care?

It's not selfish to allow people to decide for themselves. You want mandatory government vaccinations?

Forum List

Back