🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rand Paul says vaccines can lead to "mental disorders."

Rand Paul Vaccines can lead to mental disorders - Washington Times

REALLY?

You are Doctor and you make stupid statements like this. You want to be President and you make statements that cannot be supported by science, or anything else? DUDE! You are are clueless as your father.

Do we really want a healthcare system in this country where Rand Paul can come between a patient and his doctor?

It would be much better if the decision was left up to a government bureaucrat who was in the Union and got his position due to seniority. That would be what we would get with single-payer don't you agree?

That's what you get with private insurance company that wants make as much money off you as it can.
\
\
with private insurance you have a contract. If they don't comply you can sue them. Ever try to sue the govt?

At what point do you defend the right of the child to receive proper medical care over the objections of an ignorant parent?

Do the children really just belong to their parents like property or do they have rights - endowed by their creator - that extend beyond their parents?

thats really the question isn't it? The libs want to make this about Rand, but as usual they totally miss the real issue.

At what point do you defend the right of the child to receive proper medical care over the objections of an ignorant parent?

Do the children really just belong to their parents like property or do they have rights - endowed by their creator - that extend beyond their parents?

thats really the question isn't it? The libs want to make this about Rand, but as usual they totally miss the real issue.

Well, Rand Paul's quote said: " ... The state doesn't own your children, parents own their children, and it is an issue of freedom. "

I disagree with his notion that parents own their children - like chattel.

Well, Rand Paul's quote said: " ... The state doesn't own your children, parents own their children, and it is an issue of freedom. "

but you are ok with the government owning them????????????? WTF

Where in the WORLD did you get THAT idea?

Further confirmation that Paul is an idiot.

Compare what Paul said to this liberal.

Robert Kennedy s Dangerous Anti-Vaccine Activism - Forbes

"Robert Kennedy is obsessed with the notion that vaccines cause autism. He’s particularly obsessed with the discredited idea that thimerosal, a preservative used in some vaccines, causes autism. Now Kennedy is about to publish a new book on this topic, and he’s promoting it both in the press and, as described in today’s Washington Post, in the halls of Congress. He’s recently had personal meetings with U.S. Senators Barbara Mikulski and Bernie Sanders to try to convince them to take action based on his claims. Why is it that a scientifically unqualified anti-vaccine advocate can get a private audience with a U.S. Senator? Because he’s famous, that’s why."

You are reaching aren't you. Kennedy is neither an elected official nor is he a Doctor. Rand Paul is both. His words were irresponsible and dangerous. And he wants to be President?

They were not.

Mild Problems (Common)

• Fever (up to about 1 child in 4)
  • Redness or swelling where the shot was given (up to about 1 child in 4)
  • Soreness or tenderness where the shot was given (up to about 1 child in 4)
These problems occur more often after the 4th and 5th doses of the DTaP series than after earlier doses.

Sometimes the 4th or 5th dose of DTaP vaccine is followed by swelling of the entire arm or leg in which the shot was given, for 1 to 7 days (up to about 1 child in 30).

Other mild problems include:

• Fussiness (up to about 1 child in 3)
  • Tiredness or poor appetite (up to about 1 child in 10)
  • Vomiting (up to about 1 child in 50)
These problems generally occur 1 to 3 days after the shot.

Moderate Problems (Uncommon)

• Seizure (jerking or staring) (about 1 child out of 14,000)
  • Non-stop crying, for 3 hours or more (up to about 1 child out of 1,000)
  • High fever, 105 degrees Fahrenheit or higher (about 1 child out of 16,000)
Severe Problems (Very Rare)
Serious allergic reaction (less than 1 out of a million doses) Several other severe problems have been reported after DTaP vaccine. These include:

• Long-term seizures, coma, or lowered consciousness
  • Permanent brain damage.
Vaccines Vac-Gen Side Effects

My own kid had a seizure after the DPT given to her at 18 months.

The ignorance fueled by politics around here is pretty amazing.

from your comments that you want the govt to tell parents that they MUST vaccinate their kids. Obviously you want the govt to take over the parenting role---------------it takes a villiage, right?

from your comments that you want the govt to tell parents that they MUST vaccinate their kids. Obviously you want the govt to take over the parenting role---------------it takes a villiage, right?

Where did I say I want the government to tell parents that they MUST vaccinate their children??????

Please show me.

REALLY?

You are Doctor and you make stupid statements like this. You want to be President and you make statements that cannot be supported by science, or anything else? DUDE! You are are clueless as your father.

Do we really want a healthcare system in this country where Rand Paul can come between a patient and his doctor?

It would be much better if the decision was left up to a government bureaucrat who was in the Union and got his position due to seniority. That would be what we would get with single-payer don't you agree?

That's what you get with private insurance company that wants make as much money off you as it can.
\
\
with private insurance you have a contract. If they don't comply you can sue them. Ever try to sue the govt?

So you support the Obamacare private insurance exchanges. lol, you finally admit it.

Where did I say I want the government to tell parents that they MUST vaccinate their children??????

Please show me.

you said "I disagree with his notion that parents own their children - like chattel." If the parents don't own them and the govt can dictate what parents must do, then the govt must own them. Its a logical thought process.

I am glad that you disagree, but my conclusion was logical based on what you said.

REALLY?

\
\

So you support the Obamacare private insurance exchanges. lol, you finally admit it.

I support private insurance, medicare, and medicaid. Nothing more is needed. No one in the USA was denied medical treatment before ACA-------NO ONE.

Please show me.

you said "I disagree with his notion that parents own their children - like chattel." If the parents don't own them and the govt can dictate what parents must do, then the govt must own them. Its a logical thought process.

I am glad that you disagree, but my conclusion was logical based on what you said.

Nope, you made a big jump - that either the government or the parents own the children. You assumed it HAS to be one or the other. IMHO: It doesn't. IMHO no one OWNS a child.

Further confirmation that Paul is an idiot.

Compare what Paul said to this liberal.

Robert Kennedy s Dangerous Anti-Vaccine Activism - Forbes

"Robert Kennedy is obsessed with the notion that vaccines cause autism. He’s particularly obsessed with the discredited idea that thimerosal, a preservative used in some vaccines, causes autism. Now Kennedy is about to publish a new book on this topic, and he’s promoting it both in the press and, as described in today’s Washington Post, in the halls of Congress. He’s recently had personal meetings with U.S. Senators Barbara Mikulski and Bernie Sanders to try to convince them to take action based on his claims. Why is it that a scientifically unqualified anti-vaccine advocate can get a private audience with a U.S. Senator? Because he’s famous, that’s why."

You are reaching aren't you. Kennedy is neither an elected official nor is he a Doctor. Rand Paul is both. His words were irresponsible and dangerous. And he wants to be President?

They were not.

Mild Problems (Common)

• Fever (up to about 1 child in 4)
  • Redness or swelling where the shot was given (up to about 1 child in 4)
  • Soreness or tenderness where the shot was given (up to about 1 child in 4)
These problems occur more often after the 4th and 5th doses of the DTaP series than after earlier doses.

Sometimes the 4th or 5th dose of DTaP vaccine is followed by swelling of the entire arm or leg in which the shot was given, for 1 to 7 days (up to about 1 child in 30).

Other mild problems include:

• Fussiness (up to about 1 child in 3)
  • Tiredness or poor appetite (up to about 1 child in 10)
  • Vomiting (up to about 1 child in 50)
These problems generally occur 1 to 3 days after the shot.

Moderate Problems (Uncommon)

• Seizure (jerking or staring) (about 1 child out of 14,000)
  • Non-stop crying, for 3 hours or more (up to about 1 child out of 1,000)
  • High fever, 105 degrees Fahrenheit or higher (about 1 child out of 16,000)
Severe Problems (Very Rare)
Serious allergic reaction (less than 1 out of a million doses) Several other severe problems have been reported after DTaP vaccine. These include:

• Long-term seizures, coma, or lowered consciousness
  • Permanent brain damage.
Vaccines Vac-Gen Side Effects

My own kid had a seizure after the DPT given to her at 18 months.

The ignorance fueled by politics around here is pretty amazing.

Sorry to hear that. I hope she recovered fully. Sadly, some people are going to have a bad reaction, but it is quite rare. Most of us have vaccinations with little or no issues. The most common reaction is a slight fever and rash, which is usually treated with just Tylenol and fluids.

Q: Do these children pose a health risk?

A: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) believes that the children arriving at U.S. borders pose little risk of spreading infectious diseases to the general public.

Countries in Central America, where most of the unaccompanied children are from (Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras), have childhood vaccination programs, and most children have received some or all of their recommended childhood vaccines. However, they may not have received a few vaccines, such as chickenpox, influenza, and pneumococcal vaccines. As a precaution, ORR is providing vaccinations to all children who do not have documentation of previous valid doses of vaccine.

Unaccompanied Children Frequently Asked Questions Administration for Children and Families

Please show me.

Nope, you made a big jump - that either the government or the parents own the children. You assumed it HAS to be one or the other. IMHO: It doesn't. IMHO no one OWNS a child.

so kids should make their own decisions on vaccinations? Who should decide? thats the question

Please show me.

so kids should make their own decisions on vaccinations? Who should decide? thats the question

Yes, that IS the question.
IF you believe a child has rights beyond the parents, then who is going to defend those rights?

Please show me.

Lol. I don't think the kids should be making the decisions. They will see a needle and decide no. :lol:

Please show me.

IF you believe a child has rights beyond the parents, then who is going to defend those rights?

we are talking about 7 and 8 year old kids. Do you let parents or the state make decisions for them?

we have plenty of laws to protect kids from neglectful or abusive parents. who protects them from govt abuse and indoctrination?

Please show me.

we are talking about 7 and 8 year old kids. Do you let parents or the state make decisions for them?

we have plenty of laws to protect kids from neglectful or abusive parents. who protects them from govt abuse and indoctrination?

Their parents?

Forum List

Back