Rand Paul says vaccines can lead to "mental disorders."

Failure to vaccinate defines neglectful and abusive parents.

That's how I feel about it.

do our laws support that feeeeeeeeeeeeeling?

I am not saying I disagree with you, but we are a nation of laws, not feeeeeeeeeeeelings

I don't know.

nor do I, thats the point.

OK, so why were you responding to my posts with personal insults and such vitriol?
Were you just trying to pick a fight?

Because Redfish is a "feelings" type guy, nothing more.

Schools can't turn away kids whose parents obtained exemptions. That's the rub.

States With Religious and Philosophical Exemptions From School Immunization Requirements
Fundies suck.
I don't think its fundamentalists who are the problem. Rather, I think its upper middle class (assuming there's such a thing left) libertarian leaning white folks.
Maybe, but the only anti-vaccine people I've ever run across on message boards are fundies and conspiracy theorists.

But to get a law passed to exempt vaccines on religious grounds is just wrong. Let them not vaccinate their kids, but keep them out of the public.

Mississippi is fundie central, and its mandatory law has 99.6% of the children vaccinated.

I think the hot bed of resistance is among poorly educated white middle class libertarians, who think they know better.

I know Rand Paul has mental issues but, unfortunately, they can't be explained by his having received childhood vaccines.

Mississippi is fundie central, and its mandatory law has 99.6% of the children vaccinated.

I think the hot bed of resistance is among poorly educated white middle class libertarians, who think they know better.

Yeah, I think in "fundie central" the denial of medical care in favor of faith healing is more of the problem.

Further confirmation that Paul is an idiot.

Compare what Paul said to this liberal.

Robert Kennedy s Dangerous Anti-Vaccine Activism - Forbes

"Robert Kennedy is obsessed with the notion that vaccines cause autism. He’s particularly obsessed with the discredited idea that thimerosal, a preservative used in some vaccines, causes autism. Now Kennedy is about to publish a new book on this topic, and he’s promoting it both in the press and, as described in today’s Washington Post, in the halls of Congress. He’s recently had personal meetings with U.S. Senators Barbara Mikulski and Bernie Sanders to try to convince them to take action based on his claims. Why is it that a scientifically unqualified anti-vaccine advocate can get a private audience with a U.S. Senator? Because he’s famous, that’s why."

You are reaching aren't you. Kennedy is neither an elected official nor is he a Doctor. Rand Paul is both. His words were irresponsible and dangerous. And he wants to be President?

What words did Paul use that were irresponsible or dangerous? The fact that parents have the right to not have their children is neither. He did say that he and his kids have been vaccinated and others should do the same. If you think the Kennedy's do not influence the decisions of the elitists and their followers you would be wrong.

Go ahead and let them distract you off the reason we now have a measles outbreak in the country if you want. BUT this is the reason and it happened under Obama's watch and his policies:

and it's not any of the American citizens FAULT about if you have or have not been vaccinated, or what Rand Paul has to say on it.

"Robert Kennedy is obsessed with the notion that vaccines cause autism. He’s particularly obsessed with the discredited idea that thimerosal, a preservative used in some vaccines, causes autism. Now Kennedy is about to publish a new book on this topic, and he’s promoting it both in the press and, as described in today’s Washington Post, in the halls of Congress. He’s recently had personal meetings with U.S. Senators Barbara Mikulski and Bernie Sanders to try to convince them to take action based on his claims. Why is it that a scientifically unqualified anti-vaccine advocate can get a private audience with a U.S. Senator? Because he’s famous, that’s why."

You are reaching aren't you. Kennedy is neither an elected official nor is he a Doctor. Rand Paul is both. His words were irresponsible and dangerous. And he wants to be President?

What words did Paul use that were irresponsible or dangerous? The fact that parents have the right to not have their children is neither. He did say that he and his kids have been vaccinated and others should do the same. If you think the Kennedy's do not influence the decisions of the elitists and their followers you would be wrong.
He said vaccination leads to mental disorders, and that is not correct. He's spouting pseudo-science misinformation. While is appears correct that measles outbreaks begin with a person from outside the US, the numbers of infected children is greater because of idiot parents who opt out of vaccination and cowardly pols who allow them to do so and still enroll their kids in child care and schools.

true. a kid who has been vaccinated but does not develop the antibodies is as much at risk as someone that has not been vaccinated.

of course, an unvaccinated child has a 100% chance of not having an immunity, whereas the vaccinated child's risk is much, much smaller.

so who is knowlingly putting others at risk, the kid who didn't develop an immunity from vaccination, or the kid who wasn't vaccinated?

and the math in my question was clear and easy - in the first scenario 90% of the people would have immunity to a disease. in the second, only 81%. Which community would you rather live in?
Don't help him out. There are three questions he obviously hasn't even considered questioning, let alone answering. Why is a vaccination generally not given in the first year of life (in the US)? Why are two vaccinations generally required in the US, and does merely one vaccination convey an immunity?

the medical details are not the issue. The issue is why are we having outbreaks of diseases that we had declared eradicated in this country years ago? any idea why that is, libs?

Stop the deflection, Fuckwit. The issue is you put your children and others at risk with your stupid philosophy.

my kids were vaccinated. I support vaccinations. If some parents want to put their kids at risk, should the state override them? thats the question here, where do our freedoms begin and end and where do we become slaves to the state.

The question here is much bigger than vaccinations, its a question of freedom and state control of our lives. I do not want to live under a dictatorial govt, do you?
unvaccinated people put others at risk, not just themselves. thus, it's a public health issue, and vaccines should be required of all people, regardless of the baseless fears of the parents.

he said that vaccines have caused some negative affects on kids---------that is true.

I know that you hate and fear Rand Paul, but try telling the truth just once in a while.
Paul said that they can cause serious mental disorders. That is false.

Link!

Paul forgot to mention another thing that cause mental disorders

LIBERALISM

and you are witnessing it right here in this thread.

It get more pathetic everyday.

Rand was speaking stupid.

Rand's words were irresponsible and dangerous, and it is both if parents do not have their children vaccinated.

Mexico's rate of child immunization a decade ago was higher than the US, and there is no reason to think that i has changed. Mexico has always been concerned about America's unwashed and non-immunized masses invading their country.

Mexico more effective than U.S. at immunizing children Vaccination News

Meanwhile Paul takes video of getting himself vaccinated.

Derp Derp Derp we go
Gently down the stream....

The left still trying to fool "we the people" by distraction, misleading, and just downright bald face lying. I hope the people see through it just like they did by throwing them out of Congress and power over us

Stephanie is sounding sillier than liberals.

Stephanie would be the distorted image of "We the People", a bizarro image.

He said vaccination leads to mental disorders, and that is not correct. He's spouting pseudo-science misinformation. While is appears correct that measles outbreaks begin with a person from outside the US, the numbers of infected children is greater because of idiot parents who opt out of vaccination and cowardly pols who allow them to do so and still enroll their kids in child care and schools.

Rand Paul said that "he had heard from parents whose children had suffered “profound mental disorders” after being vaccinated.". Quit making crap up!

Rand did not condemn the parents' linking the vax with the mental disorders. He could have told the truth that no objective evidence links the two.

Forum List

Back