Rand Paul Seemed Almost Sane Last Night

On the issues: (Rand Paul on Bill Maher)

He said 3/4 of the prison population is black or brown, yet white kids are using just as many drugs. Its just that black and brown neighborhoods are more heavily patroled, and black/brown kids are handed down longer sentencing.

He's for ending the war on drugs, and for spending money on job training for prisoners.

He wants to restore voting rights to felons.

He said NO troops in Iraq!!! He said we've already wasted a trillion dollars and stated that too many lives were lost. "Wasted" I believe is how he stated it.

He also mentioned that our intervention has created more terrorism, implying that ISIS is partly our doing.

The only thing I thought he was wishy-washy on is the environment. He lost me there and went back to his crazy self.

I'm curious of how the extremist forum nutters feel about Rand Paul on these issues.

Discuss...

He's doing something most Republicans aren't. He's reaching out to black people.

There are less and less white people. The Republicans have to start somewhere.

He said 3/4 of the prison population is black or brown, yet white kids are using just as many drugs. Its just that black and brown neighborhoods are more heavily patroled, and black/brown kids are handed down longer sentencing.

He's for ending the war on drugs, and for spending money on job training for prisoners.

He said NO troops in Iraq!!! He said we've already wasted a trillion dollars and stated that too many lives were lost. "Wasted" I believe is how he stated it.

He also mentioned that our intervention has created more terrorism, implying that ISIS is partly our doing.

The only thing I thought he was wishy-washy on is the environment. He lost me there and went back to his crazy self.

I'm curious of how the extremist forum nutters feel about Rand Paul on these issues.

Discuss...

He's doing something most Republicans aren't. He's reaching out to black people.

He needs to do a little more work on his integrity, IMO.

Chris Hayes Rand Paul Has 3 Racist Strikes Now

Rand Paul vs Liz Warren, Rand wins 55 maybe 56 states

There are some Liberals who are too uninformed to be allowed to discuss these topics with adults.

This is what you referred to which the air heads didn't grasp.

Shum dits.

:D

Let me take a detour to Rand Paul's father.

If Ron Paul had been elected president in 2000, we would never have had the Iraq mess. We would never have had the housing meltdown, because he would never have allowed Greenspan to keep rates at 50 year lows for 4 years. The country would never have descended into the worst financial crisis in half a century, and a generation of Americans would not have lost their homes and jobs and futures.

I disagree strongly with both Ron and Rand Paul on many issues, but they are far better than many of the politicians on both sides of the aisle.

I liked Ron Paul and his stance on foreign policy, but when he talks about economics I want to pick up a fork and stab someone in the eye.

I bet you do! In fact, that reaction sort of sums up statist economic policy.

Libertarianism is lunacy, reactionary and Utopian.

If Bill Maher had asked Rand Paul about minimum wage, Obamacare, or other important issues, I'm sure I would have wanted to pick up that fork and stab someone in the eye. :eek:

I also remember Rand Paul saying he was against the 1964 Civil Rights Act. I want to make very clear, just because I agreed with some of the things he said last night, does not mean I no longer think he's a kook.
It wasn't just that Paul opposes the The Civil Rights Act of 1964, but his 'reasoning' as to why, exhibiting his ignorance of Commerce Clause jurisprudence and why public accommodations laws are in fact necessary, proper, and Constitutional.

Otherwise, yes – the libertarian position on foreign policy is the correct position, the rest of their dogma is nonsense.

And opposition to the 'war' on drugs, that our criminal justice system can be inappropriately harsh on minorities, and advocacy of training programs and voting rights for ex-offenders is not exclusively libertarian.

I've never actually heard a libertarian oppose the new voter ID laws, or advocate for training programs in prisons.

Really? Hmm... maybe it's because you don't really listen to libertarians?

He seems to have gotten control of his hairdo. It no longer looks like he is wearing a dead animal on his head. Perhaps it is part of the all around make over.

I know. Last time I saw him, he looked like an Eddie Haskell look-alike.
Shit, compared to the Pauls, I admire Eddie Haskell's ethics.

I'd vote for anybody before Rand Paul or Chris Christie.

Discuss...

Republicans only hope to reverse demographics is to endorse free and easy to obtain BC and abortion.

He seems to have gotten control of his hairdo. It no longer looks like he is wearing a dead animal on his head. Perhaps it is part of the all around make over.

I know. Last time I saw him, he looked like an Eddie Haskell look-alike.
Shit, compared to the Pauls, I admire Eddie Haskell's ethics.

I'd vote for anybody before Rand Paul or Chris Christie.

Sound's like Eddie Haskell is your man. Is he running?

If Bill Maher had asked Rand Paul about minimum wage, Obamacare, or other important issues, I'm sure I would have wanted to pick up that fork and stab someone in the eye. :eek:

I also remember Rand Paul saying he was against the 1964 Civil Rights Act. I want to make very clear, just because I agreed with some of the things he said last night, does not mean I no longer think he's a kook.
It wasn't just that Paul opposes the The Civil Rights Act of 1964, but his 'reasoning' as to why, exhibiting his ignorance of Commerce Clause jurisprudence and why public accommodations laws are in fact necessary, proper, and Constitutional.

Otherwise, yes – the libertarian position on foreign policy is the correct position, the rest of their dogma is nonsense.

And opposition to the 'war' on drugs, that our criminal justice system can be inappropriately harsh on minorities, and advocacy of training programs and voting rights for ex-offenders is not exclusively libertarian.

I've never actually heard a libertarian oppose the new voter ID laws, or advocate for training programs in prisons.

Well, now's your chance to make your voice heard. Or better yet, why don't you get out there and help minorities register to vote.

Well, now's your chance to make your voice heard. Or better yet, why don't you get out there and help minorities register to vote.

Believe it or not, I've done quite a bit of that. You might want to look into what real libertarians are up to - not the Republican TP wannabes, or the quasi-anarchists, but mainstream, sane libertarians. We defend real minority rights, and push back against the police state in ways liberals only pretend to. As some have noticed, libertarians are better liberals than Democrats, and ironically, better conservatives than Republicans.

'Almost Sane?' I guess that what's they call a 'backhanded compliment.' He sounded completely sane and logical to me. But regardless, he's the best candidate for President out there. He's possibly the only candidate who can cross party-lines and ideologies. He has my support.

'Almost Sane?' I guess that what's they call a 'backhanded compliment.' He sounded completely sane and logical to me. But regardless, he's the best candidate for President out there. He's possibly the only candidate who can cross party-lines and ideologies. He has my support.

It was a 10 minute puff-piece on a political comedy show. He was asked no tough questions. Bill Maher didn't question his flip-flops, minimum wage, healthcare...etc. And Rand Paul is a buffoon on environmental issues.

It's not hard to appear sane during a 10 min puff-piece.

It was a 10 minute puff-piece on a political comedy show. He was asked no tough questions. Bill Maher didn't question his flip-flops, minimum wage, healthcare...etc. And Rand Paul is a buffoon on environmental issues.

Uh yeah, Bill Maher isn't exactly known for his Republican interview 'puff-pieces.' He's actually known for his Obama lackey interview puff-pieces. But regardless, Paul's the best choice for President at this point. Just my feeling anyway.

Uh yeah, Bill Maher isn't exactly known for his Republican interview 'puff-pieces.' He's actually known for his Obama lackey interview puff-pieces. But regardless, Paul's the best choice for President at this point. Just my feeling anyway.

Well, I think Bernie Sanders is the best choice at this point. Sounds like neither of us are going to get what we want. LOL!

Forum List

Back