Rand Paul To Introduce Amendment Outlawing Obamacare Exemptions For Government Employ

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
United States Constitution, Article I, Section 9:
No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States.

» Rand Paul To Introduce Amendment Outlawing Obamacare Exemptions For Government Employees Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

I think Congress should never exempt themselves from a law,” Paul said. “But then again, I think John Roberts, he loves ObamaCare so much, he should get it. Right now, he’s getting a federal employee subsidy.

“He’s not part of ObamaCare. He makes the rest of America—through, I think, convoluted Constitutional logic—he makes us get ObamaCare, but he’s exempt.” the Senator added.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCziNOtGuZk]Will Sen. Rand Paul vote to defund ObamaCare? - YouTube[/ame]

I have a better idea

Why don't they make the Govt employee Health Benefits available to everyone?

Rand Paul already has it

I have a better idea

Why don't they make the Govt employee Health Benefits available to everyone?

Rand Paul already has it

I have a better idea.

Why not make everyone Govt employees?

Oh right, you can't because then you assholes would have no one to steal from.....

Hmm, the Libtards can't answer then.

1) If they disagree with Rand Paul, it's because they'll have to admit Obamacare sucks.

2) If they agree with Rand Paul, well, then they'd be siding with their #1 sworn enemy.

There's a third option that you're missing. There's already a law that prevents Congress from exempting themselves - the ACA itself.

Rand Paul's "law" is a stunt.

United States Constitution, Article I, Section 9:
No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States.

» Rand Paul To Introduce Amendment Outlawing Obamacare Exemptions For Government Employees Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

I think Congress should never exempt themselves from a law,” Paul said. “But then again, I think John Roberts, he loves ObamaCare so much, he should get it. Right now, he’s getting a federal employee subsidy.

“He’s not part of ObamaCare. He makes the rest of America—through, I think, convoluted Constitutional logic—he makes us get ObamaCare, but he’s exempt.” the Senator added.

See? This is what happens when you get your information from nutcase whackos.

Here's the truth.......

Here's the relevant text in the law:

The only health plans that the Federal Government may make available to Members of Congress and congressional staff with respect to their service as a Member of Congress or congressional staff shall be health plans that are — (I) created under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act); or (II) offered through an Exchange established under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act).

No, Congress isn?t trying to exempt itself from Obamacare

Congress and an Exemption from ?Obamacare??

Right-Wing Media's Latest Zombie Myth: Congress Is "Exempt" From Obamacare | Research | Media Matters for America

Is this good enough or do you want to continue with this?

Class dismissed.....

1) If they disagree with Rand Paul, it's because they'll have to admit Obamacare sucks.

2) If they agree with Rand Paul, well, then they'd be siding with their #1 sworn enemy.

There's a third option that you're missing. There's already a law that prevents Congress from exempting themselves - the ACA itself.

Please cite where this can be found in the ACA

Here's the full 2409 page document:

http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/rights/law/patient-protection.pdf

Rand Paul is fibbing to us!

That doesn't sound like a Republican......they have never lied to us about Obamacare before

Right here:

As amended, Subtitle D, Part II, Sec. 1312 (d.) (3) (D.)

The only health plans that the Federal Government may make available to Members of Congress and congressional staff with respect to their service as a Member of Congress or congressional staff shall be health plans that are — (I) created under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act); or (II) offered through an Exchange established under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act)

In your linked file, it's on page 157, starting on line 16.

Last edited:

Right here:

Sec. 1312

The only health plans that the Federal Government may make available to Members of Congress and congressional staff with respect to their service as a Member of Congress or congressional staff shall be health plans that are — (I) created under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act); or (II) offered through an Exchange established under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act)

Didn't I just post that in #6? :confused:

Right here:

Sec. 1312

Didn't I just post that in #6? :confused:

Why yes. You did...

Good job Mr. Paul.

For what? Making him and his party look like idiots by introducing a totally meaningless piece of legislation? This took time and resources and doesn't do anything other than mislead (read it: LIE) to brainless minions who swallowed his BS hook, line and sinker.

Good job Mr. Paul.

For what? Making him and his party look like idiots by introducing a totally meaningless piece of legislation? This took time and resources and doesn't do anything other than mislead (read it: LIE) to brainless minions who swallowed his BS hook, line and sinker.

Biker bad ass, have you not been keeping up with current events? The last time I checked these federal workers cried for momma because they thought they were too special to be treated like normal serfs. Let them rot.

Good job Mr. Paul.

Biker bad ass, have you not been keeping up with current events? The last time I checked these federal workers cried for momma because they thought they were too special to be treated like normal serfs. Let them rot.

When was that?

It was settled back in '09, when Dems called Grassley's bluff.

From Merrill Matthews over at Forbes:

Who knew that when President Obama promised, "If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period," he was only referring to federal employees ... and himself?

A new survey of 2,500 federal employees and retirees found that 92.3 percent believe federal workers should keep their current health insurance and not be forced into Obamacare. Only 2.9 percent say they should become part of the new health insurance exchanges.

A website for federal employees, FedSmith.com, which reported on the survey, adds:

There is apparently little debate among the federal workforce. Federal employees do not want to be part of the new system. Instead, they prefer to keep their current health plan... Employees who are already retired have a much stronger negative reaction to being moved to a new system. Those with more than 15 years until retirement are not as unanimous in their opposition to moving into the new health care exchanges.

Learn more: Shock poll: 92% of federal workers don't want Obamacare

Forum List

Back