Ranks of syrian widows grow as rebels are killed off

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Sadly each war leaves a lot of widows.

RANKS OF SYRIAN WIDOWS GROW AS REBELS ARE KILLED OFF

RAJA ABDULRAH

Syrian widows vow not to remarry until the fighting ends for fear of being widowed againRights groups estimate that Syrian widows number in the tens of thousandsSyrian widows' refusal to remarry has little to do with a lack of suitorsAhlam sits hunched over, as if about to fold in on herself, talking about her courtship with her husband.
At first she was hesitant to accept his proposal because he was a rebel fighter. But as they talked and spent time together, she grew fond of him and they were married last summer. For the next eight months, he divided his time between home with his new bride and the battlefront in Syria's civil war.

Each time he went to the front lines, Ahlam, 23, would call frequently to make sure he was OK. One day in March, her mind was with him all day and she couldn't focus on anything she was doing. She called him every hour. Finally, he answered.

Continue reading at:

The ranks of Syrian widows grow as rebels are killed off*-*Los Angeles Times

Don´t mind, Ahlam, reinforcements are on their way..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcWwCVR6gDY

Young boys like to play soldier (police, cowboys, ninja, mech-warrior, sword fight, etc.) and making loud noises for gunfire. Kids have been used through africa, middle east and western asia. Kids want to be like their dads and big brothers that are soldiers.
They are already living in war zone so they know the risk, as best they can at their age, they are used to the noise and smells.
There is a long history women warriors among the muslims and their opponents. Women will be out their fighting for their lives and those of their family.
Sad but it was to be expected.

Young boys like to play soldier (police, cowboys, ninja, mech-warrior, sword fight, etc.) and making loud noises for gunfire. Kids have been used through africa, middle east and western asia. Kids want to be like their dads and big brothers that are soldiers.
They are already living in war zone so they know the risk, as best they can at their age, they are used to the noise and smells.
There is a long history women warriors among the muslims and their opponents. Women will be out their fighting for their lives and those of their family.
Most of them were kidnapped and drilled by the terrorists. There is no reason to assume that even a single one of those children and teenagers made the choice to join Al-Nusra, FSA, ISIS and what scum ever.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuLiDo4pNeI"]SYRIA Rebels Boast About Training Child Soldiers Into "Killing Machines" "Best Soldiers" - YouTube[/ame]

Most of them were kidnapped and drilled by the terrorists. There is no reason to assume that even a single one of those children and teenagers made the choice to join Al-Nusra, FSA, ISIS and what scum ever.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuLiDo4pNeI"]SYRIA Rebels Boast About Training Child Soldiers Into "Killing Machines" "Best Soldiers" - YouTube[/ame]

I'm sure most people are not born wanting to be terrorists or "freedom fighters", but what does one say about a group of nations where each generation seems to perpetuate this behavior to the next?

I'm sure most people are not born wanting to be terrorists or "freedom fighters", but what does one say about a group of nations where each generation seems to perpetuate this behavior to the next?
One can teach the craziest things to children but one can´t arm hundreds of thousands of jihadists easily. Those groups have been used by the superpowers and after the soviet breakdown the flood of weapons on the black market made it possible that they create zombie armies now.

"Syria is not a regular place ... it is the biggest warehouse for weapons on earth," Hirsch warned. In an interview with BBC TV last week, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called the rebel groups among "the worst Islamist radicals in the world."
http://www.usmessageboard.com/israe...or-end-of-40-year-peace-at-syrian-border.html

Last edited:

I've seen the same behavior and circumstances before during the war. I watched my friends join and killed before they were of age. My fellow students pull weapons out of closets, from under bed and out of the back of their cars when our school was threatened. We organized patrols, maned watches from points along the walls, secured the younger kids in the safest place in the heart of the campus, inventoried food and supplies, made sure there was enough water and other drinks, Filled tubs and buckets for washing and flushing of toilets, made sure there were lights, candles and lanterns in case power, etc. These were borders from 8-18 that were acting as soldiers to protect the other students and the school. Fortunately the situation did not last more than a few days before militias came to protect the school and the town.
I've watch kids in the neighborhood and in the camps play at war and then act out war before their teens. I witnessed child soldiers in africa as well. Kids not even as tall as the weapons they were trained to use. Even kids barely out of diapers were taught to collect brass for reloading and to pick the pockets of the dead bodies, even taking shoes and clothing when needed. Kids, mainly girls would go out to the fields and walk around checking for land mines before the animals were allowed to graze.
War is hell and kids are very much apart of it.

I've seen the same behavior and circumstances before during the war. I watched my friends join and killed before they were of age. My fellow students pull weapons out of closets, from under bed and out of the back of their cars when our school was threatened. We organized patrols, maned watches from points along the walls, secured the younger kids in the safest place in the heart of the campus, inventoried food and supplies, made sure there was enough water and other drinks, Filled tubs and buckets for washing and flushing of toilets, made sure there were lights, candles and lanterns in case power, etc. These were borders from 8-18 that were acting as soldiers to protect the other students and the school. Fortunately the situation did not last more than a few days before militias came to protect the school and the town.
I've watch kids in the neighborhood and in the camps play at war and then act out war before their teens. I witnessed child soldiers in africa as well. Kids not even as tall as the weapons they were trained to use. Even kids barely out of diapers were taught to collect brass for reloading and to pick the pockets of the dead bodies, even taking shoes and clothing when needed. Kids, mainly girls would go out to the fields and walk around checking for land mines before the animals were allowed to graze.
War is hell and kids are very much apart of it.
The good side isn´t recruiting children. Period. And it is more than just the bad side if they recruit children.

Forum List

Back