Rape and Violence: Should Australia be ashamed?

Trouble is that;

The Offenders | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

The Rapist isn't a Masked Stranger

Approximately 2/3 of rapes were committed by someone known to the victim.1
73% of sexual assaults were perpetrated by a non-stranger.1
38% of rapists are a friend or acquaintance.1
28% are an intimate.1
7% are a relative.1

He's not Hiding in the Bushes

More than 50% of all rape/sexual assault incidents were reported by victims to have occured within 1 mile of their home or at their home.2

•4 in 10 take place at the victim's home.
•2 in 10 take place at the home of a friend, neighbor, or relative.
•1 in 12 take place in a parking garage.
43% of rapes occur between 6:00pm and midnight.2

etc

That is correct Australia has very high statistics on incestual rape. Another country high on incestual rape statistics is Finland.

Yea...best to say in Australia where you're more likely to a victim of assault (100% more likely than the US) or Rape (150% more likely than in the US).

On average about 18 people die each year in mass shootings. Of course, three times more die from lightening strikes.

But you go with "I'd probably become a victim" in America but not Australia...:cuckoo:

The States don't sound that safe to me;
Last year, there were 24,923 cases of rape in India, according to the government's official statistics. That's about two per 100,000 Indians. The per capita rate in the U.S. is more than 13 times higher.
Statistics Shine Little Light on Rape Rates - WSJ.com

And Australia's rape rate is even higher. Much higher.

Fail.

Australian men have very macho attitude and this gets really worse once they consume little bit of booze.

Australian men have very macho attitude and this gets really worse once they consume little bit of booze.
You're right:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGNYeZzXSec]AUSTRALIAN SAVAGE GANG ATTACK CAIRNS DRUNK ABORIGINALS ABUSE CAMERAMAN - YouTube[/ame]

Yea...best to say in Australia where you're more likely to a victim of assault (100% more likely than the US) or Rape (150% more likely than in the US).

On average about 18 people die each year in mass shootings. Of course, three times more die from lightening strikes.

But you go with "I'd probably become a victim" in America but not Australia...:cuckoo:

The States don't sound that safe to me;
Last year, there were 24,923 cases of rape in India, according to the government's official statistics. That's about two per 100,000 Indians. The per capita rate in the U.S. is more than 13 times higher.
Statistics Shine Little Light on Rape Rates - WSJ.com

And Australia's rape rate is even higher. Much higher.

Fail.

You missed the point completely...I knew someone would - and I had my money on you.

I don't believe that the US is necessarily more dangerous than India...the statistics simply don't compare the same things.
For goodness' sake, the headline of my link stated that..."Statistics Shine Little Light On Rape Statistics".

Man charged over knifepoint rape

A man's been charged over what police have described as a 'violent and disgusting' sexual assault on a woman in her western Sydney home.

It's alleged the 21-year-old, who was on bail, broke into the 31-year-old woman's home through a window on September 17 and raped her at knife point.

He is also accused of fleeing in her car as her ex-husband arrived, running over a neighbour in the process.

The car was later found burnt out in Toongabbie.

Police arrested the man on Wednesday afternoon.

It's alleged he was armed at the time.

He has been charged with numerous offences including two counts of aggravated sexual assault, car theft and breaking into homes in Picnic Point, Doonside and Mt Druitt.

He's also been charged with failing to comply with reporting obligations.

Acting Superintendent David Goddard says information from the public helped lead to the man's capture.

'These types of offences have a significant impact on the community,' he said.

'I would like to thank the public for the information we received which was beneficial and assisted us in identifying the person allegedly responsible.'

Man charged over knifepoint rape | Sky News Australia

Am I the only one who thinks it is odd that a poster coming from a region where more than 14% of man have admitted to rape has made a series of threads attacking a country where the comparable statistic would be perhaps 90% lower?

Percentage of men admitting rape

Papua New Guinea Bougainville Island - 62%
Indonesia Papua Province - 48.6%
Indonesia urban - 26.2%
China urban/rural - 22.2%
Cambodia - 20.4%
Indonesia rural - 19.5%
Sri Lanka - 14.5%
Bangladesh rural - 14.1%
Bangladesh urban - 9.5%
Source: United Nations

BBC News - Almost a quarter of men 'admit to rape in parts of Asia'

Where do you find this shit?

Hey, that's a heck of a retort. The specificity with which you've countered the facts I presented...very impressive. :doubt:

NationMaster - Crime stats: Australia vs United States

In the US, a woman is raped every few minutes. I'd say you have a problem.

And even more frequently in Australia. You have a bigger problem. At least our women are able to effectively defend themselves, at least outside of the progressive urban enclaves where violent crime is highest.

Is anyone arguing ther is NO problem?

:eusa_hand:

No.

But the problem is much bigger in Australia:

Australian Crime stats Assault victims 2.4%
American Crime stats Assault victims 1.2%​

DEFINITION: People victimized by assault (as a % of the total population). Crime statistics are often better indicators of prevalence of law enforcement and willingness to report crime, than actual prevelence.
SOURCE: UNICRI (United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute). 2002. Correspondence on data on crime victims. March. Turin
Ranked 4th. 100% more than United States Ranked 11th.

If it was really that bad, I think I'd have heard about it. We don't have an epidemic here, if that is what you are thinking.

Let's see, should be believe Noomi's personal impressions...or official government statistics?

God she's an idiot.

Am I the only one who thinks it is odd that a poster coming from a region where more than 14% of man have admitted to rape has made a series of threads attacking a country where the comparable statistic would be perhaps 90% lower?

Percentage of men admitting rape

Papua New Guinea Bougainville Island - 62%
Indonesia Papua Province - 48.6%
Indonesia urban - 26.2%
China urban/rural - 22.2%
Cambodia - 20.4%
Indonesia rural - 19.5%
Sri Lanka - 14.5%
Bangladesh rural - 14.1%
Bangladesh urban - 9.5%
Source: United Nations

BBC News - Almost a quarter of men 'admit to rape in parts of Asia'

I find it bizarre that you have not spoken even once against the high rate of rape in the region where you come from.

^you post one story and that automatically means we have a problem?

Go back and look my at post where I have provided the UN statistics on rape in Australia. No body is talking about just one case. Rape is rampant in Australia.

Hey, that's a heck of a retort. The specificity with which you've countered the facts I presented...very impressive. :doubt:

And even more frequently in Australia. You have a bigger problem. At least our women are able to effectively defend themselves, at least outside of the progressive urban enclaves where violent crime is highest.

Another thing is that the society in the US is not trying to hide anything. People are discussing it with an intent to solve the problem. Australians are not even admitting to such a widespread problem in their country. This is where the tragedy lies.

A woman is NOT raped every few minutes in Australia.
Pull your head out of your arse, you fool.

Forum List

Back