Rape and Violence: Should Australia be ashamed?

Yea...best to say in Australia where you're more likely to a victim of assault (100% more likely than the US) or Rape (150% more likely than in the US).

On average about 18 people die each year in mass shootings. Of course, three times more die from lightening strikes.

But you go with "I'd probably become a victim" in America but not Australia...:cuckoo:

The States don't sound that safe to me;
Last year, there were 24,923 cases of rape in India, according to the government's official statistics. That's about two per 100,000 Indians. The per capita rate in the U.S. is more than 13 times higher.
Statistics Shine Little Light on Rape Rates - WSJ.com

And Australia's rape rate is even higher. Much higher.

Fail.

Where do you find this shit?

Trouble is, women can't stay awake 24 hours a day.
They gpo to sleep, the rapists strike.
No time to reach for the gun or knife.

'Panic rooms' are a great idea.

No time to reach for a firearm, but time to get into a "panic room"?

Whatever you say...

Make the bedroom the panic room...[with easy escape in case of fire].

Or just live in a safe. :eusa_eh:

Thanks, no, I'll choose to be well armed and well trained. Same goes for the wife. Fuck with her and you'll find out just how much of a deterrent is a gaping chest wound.

No time to reach for a firearm, but time to get into a "panic room"?

Whatever you say...

Thanks, no, I'll choose to be well armed and well trained. Same goes for the wife. Fuck with her and you'll find out just how much of a deterrent is a gaping chest wound.

Or you could keep your doors locked and your windows closed at night, like intelligent people.

Or you could keep your doors locked and your windows closed at night, like intelligent people.

Because rape and other violent crime ONLY happens at night in one's bedroom...

Idiot.

Because rape and other violent crime ONLY happens at night in one's bedroom...

Idiot.

Stay with a group, don't walk by yourself at night, don't go out and get smashed, don't meet a man in private, don't go home with someone you just met etc.

Use your brain and you won't get attacked.

Where do you find this shit?

Hey, that's a heck of a retort. The specificity with which you've countered the facts I presented...very impressive. :doubt:

NationMaster - Crime stats: Australia vs United States

In the US, a woman is raped every few minutes. I'd say you have a problem.

Is anyone arguing there is NO problem?
:eusa_hand:

No.

But the problem is much bigger in Australia:

Australian Crime stats Assault victims 2.4%
American Crime stats Assault victims 1.2%​

DEFINITION: People victimized by assault (as a % of the total population). Crime statistics are often better indicators of prevalence of law enforcement and willingness to report crime, than actual prevelence.
SOURCE: UNICRI (United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute). 2002. Correspondence on data on crime victims. March. Turin
Ranked 4th. 100% more than United States Ranked 11th.

Last edited:
Hey, that's a heck of a retort. The specificity with which you've countered the facts I presented...very impressive. :doubt:

Is anyone arguing ther is NO problem?

No.

DEFINITION: People victimized by assault (as a % of the total population). Crime statistics are often better indicators of prevalence of law enforcement and willingness to report crime, than actual prevelence.
SOURCE: UNICRI (United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute). 2002. Correspondence on data on crime victims. March. Turin

If it was really that bad, I think I'd have heard about it. We don't have an epidemic here, if that is what you are thinking.

A woman is raped every few minutes? They must not be wearing clothes!

Just what I have heard. Also that most rapists are not brought to justice because they can't be tracked.

Is anyone arguing ther is NO problem?

No.

If it was really that bad, I think I'd have heard about it. We don't have an epidemic here, if that is what you are thinking.

Yes, you should wait until the UN ranks Australia #1 in Assult before getting concerned.

:clap2:

They rape their own kids. Half of them are on drugs, sniffing petrol etc. They have incidents of gang rape and it goes to court and the dumb judge says the girl - who might be nine - wanted it because little black girls have sex at that age.

Plus, we have tried to help them, they won't want help.

No, you have not "tried to help them."

How many have been PM?

:eusa_whistle:

They rape their own kids. Half of them are on drugs, sniffing petrol etc. They have incidents of gang rape and it goes to court and the dumb judge says the girl - who might be nine - wanted it because little black girls have sex at that age.

How many have been PM?

They don't enter parliament. Are we meant to pick one out of a humpy and make them PM?

How many have been PM?

They don't enter parliament. Are we meant to pick one out of a humpy and make them PM?

You don't allow them to enter parliamment.

:doubt:

What an intolerant nation.

Forum List

Back