Rasmussen: The President Gets a Post Convention Bounce

I'm wondering why there aren't ten rightwingnut threads on the rasmussen poll already....

oh yeah... right.

Rasmussen has to ease up on the bias and get itself in line with the other polls now because we're getting ever closer to the real results of the election.

Rasmussen has been the most accurate pollster in the industry.

No. You're either being dishonest or ignorant, not that, in your case, the two would be mutually exclusive.

I don't even care about the polls, honestly. It isn't debate season yet.. and I expect Romney to trounce Obama when that time comes.

Then the Ryan-Biden debate.. Hahahaha.. don't even get me started.

Romney will win this election.

If he doesn't.. This nation is in for a rude awakening.. Obama won't have another election to answer to.. Scary thought.

I'll easily concede that Ryan will likely win the VP debate.

If you think Romney is going to trounce Obama, you must be thinking with your heart and not your brain. Romney actually lost a debate to Rick Santorum during the primaries. Rick Santorum

I don't think either Romney or Obama will trounce. Romney will deliver facts in a low key delivery. Obama will lie and it will be taken as truth with no challenge. It's all perception.

Obama lies but it makes an impression on voters who don't bother to check to see if what he says is true. Oh and let's not forget that there are 3 liberal leaning moderators.

like you and your "voting present" comment? :clap2:
FactCheck.org : Obama’s Legislative Record

Romney might have a post convention lag of four points, with even that within the margin of error. Having been polled in the past, I know that much depends on the questions asked and the way they are asked, to guide the individual to the expected answer. I answered yes to all the questions because that was the way the questions were asked and still voted against the very guy my polled answers suggested that I supported.

Romney might have a post convention lag of four points, with even that within the margin of error. Having been polled in the past, I know that much depends on the questions asked and the way they are asked, to guide the individual to the expected answer. I answered yes to all the questions because that was the way the questions were asked and still voted against the very guy my polled answers suggested that I supported.
People also dont want to be perceived as racist and will say Obama and then vote for Romney.

People also dont want to be perceived as racist and will say Obama and then vote for Romney.

yep, the Democrats could be in for one hell of a shock in November.

lets let him go folks..:eusa_clap:

It's called The Bradley effect. People said they were going to vote for Tom Bradley just so as not to appear racist. Then it came as a big surprise when he lost.

I'm wondering why there aren't ten rightwingnut threads on the rasmussen poll already....

oh yeah... right.

I'm wondering why your citing a Rasmussen poll according to the leftwingnuts Rasmussen is a FOX owned right wing poll that lies and distorts it's numbers and can't be trusted I guess that only applies when the numbers favor the Republican. Now to the subject at hand yes Obama has gotten a modest bounce but as has been pointed out by Rasmussen and other's the polls by them and Gallup were taken before the jobs report came out on Friday let's factor that in and see how long the bounce last I'm guessing a week or so.

The president is enjoying a convention bounce that has been evident in the last two nights of tracking data. He led by two just before the Republican convention, so he has already erased the modest bounce Romney received from his party’s celebration in Tampa. Perhaps more significantly, Democratic interest in the campaign has soared. For the first time, those in the president’s party are following the campaign as closely as GOP voters. Interest in a campaign is typically considered a good indicator of turnout. Platinum Members can monitor enthusiasm, demographic breakdowns and additional information from the tracking poll on a daily basis.

The president’s bounce began the night after Bill Clinton spoke to the convention and received rave reviews. Sixty-six percent (66%) of voters nationwide have a favorable opinion of the former president. Democrats overwhelmingly believe Clinton and Obama have similar views on how to fix the economy, but few Republicans and unaffiliated voters share that assessment. Among all voters, 59% see Clinton as a better president, while 19% prefer Obama. Democrats are evenly divided.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™
When rasmussen has a poll favorable to a dem you know the repubs are in serious trouble. :lol:

and when the left holds one up, they are trumpeting information form a source they excoriate as inaccurate.......

further- when gallup has had obama down by several points more than Rras not a word was uttered by the very same troll we have here.

and of course 17 minutes was to long for her to wait for a response before having to answer herself, admonishing folks for engaging in the trolling she is with ras polls favorable to them as wingnuts:lol:

With the DOJ going after Gallup I'm not going to believe any poll now.

You bet everyone is running scared. Fucking Axelrod. God I hate these people.

The president is enjoying a convention bounce that has been evident in the last two nights of tracking data. He led by two just before the Republican convention, so he has already erased the modest bounce Romney received from his party’s celebration in Tampa. Perhaps more significantly, Democratic interest in the campaign has soared. For the first time, those in the president’s party are following the campaign as closely as GOP voters. Interest in a campaign is typically considered a good indicator of turnout. Platinum Members can monitor enthusiasm, demographic breakdowns and additional information from the tracking poll on a daily basis.

The president’s bounce began the night after Bill Clinton spoke to the convention and received rave reviews. Sixty-six percent (66%) of voters nationwide have a favorable opinion of the former president. Democrats overwhelmingly believe Clinton and Obama have similar views on how to fix the economy, but few Republicans and unaffiliated voters share that assessment. Among all voters, 59% see Clinton as a better president, while 19% prefer Obama. Democrats are evenly divided.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Now that the DOJ is charging Gallup with some bogus shit, I can't wait to see polls showing that 150% of the public love Obama.

Why not?

Why fight an administration who would charge Gallup? Fucking give er. How about Obama 3000000000000000000000000000 to 0 yeah I'd do it too to keep the feds crawling up my ass.

Please tell me people and I know the libs have been dominating the front page with bullshit, but please tell me you know that the administration is suing Gallup?

Well, you've finally been honest. That's the first step, you know. Have you looked into the source of your hate with professional assistance (maybe your health insurance doesn't cover mental health). If so that's sad, you need it.

When rasmussen has a poll favorable to a dem you know the repubs are in serious trouble. :lol:

and when the left holds one up, they are trumpeting information form a source they excoriate as inaccurate.......

further- when gallup has had obama down by several points more than Rras not a word was uttered by the very same troll we have here.

and of course 17 minutes was to long for her to wait for a response before having to answer herself, admonishing folks for engaging in the trolling she is with ras polls favorable to them as wingnuts:lol:

Well Lakhota is Lakhota.

Well, you've finally been honest. That's the first step, you know. Have you looked into the source of your hate with professional assistance (maybe your health insurance doesn't cover mental health). If so that's sad, you need it.

You go after polling companies, I bitch and I'm the one that needs to seek help?

How insane are you? The DOJ is going after Gallup? You bet I hate this administration.

What I find amusing is that both Trajan and myself have pointed out that Rasmussen is Poll the left always trashes as being biased and inaccurate when there numbers favor Republicans but now when they favor the Democrat there trumpeting them and not one Democrat has responded to that.

What I find amusing is that both Trajan and myself have pointed out that Rasmussen is Poll the left always trashes as being biased and inaccurate when there numbers favor Republicans but now when they favor the Democrat there trumpeting them and not one Democrat has responded to that.

Rasmussen leans toward the GOP. That means they amplify (and sometimes create) movement toward the GOP and blunt movement toward the Dems.

So when Ras shows a 7-point swing toward Obama in the course of a week (with Obama just shy of the magic 50%), there's all the more reason to be pleased because the actual effect is probably larger.

I say fuck Raz, even if they have a result I like.

Nate Silver, OTOH....

The gains that Mr. Obama has made in these tracking polls over the past 48 hours already appear to match or exceed the ones that Mr. Romney made after his convention. The odds, however, are that Mr. Obama has some further room to grow.

The reason is that the tracking polls are not turned around instantaneously. The Gallup poll, for instance, now consists of interviews conducted between Saturday, Sept. 1, and Friday, Sept. 7. That means that many of the interviews in the poll still predate the effective start of the Democratic convention on Tuesday night.

That Mr. Obama has made these gains in polls that only partially reflect the Democratic convention suggests that his bounce could be more substantial once they fully do so. Mathematically, Mr. Obama has to have been running well ahead of Mr. Romney in the most recent interviews in these surveys to have made up for middling data earlier in the week.

Sept. 8: Conventions May Put Obama in Front-Runner's Position - NYTimes.com

because he's unlikable and MOREOVER he refuses to discuss his *cough* "business experience" that he claims makes him so qualified for the job

Exactly what experience did Obama have when he first ran? Voting "Present" or abstaining? Oh I forget...he was a "cough" community agitator.

No surprise there are different standards. I'll take his "cough" business experience over Obama's 4 years of gaining no experience any time.

Troll says what? :eusa_eh: You people, eXtreme Rightards, need to get some new material :yawn:

And you need to actually say something of value rather than troll thru and make snide remarks.

I'll easily concede that Ryan will likely win the VP debate.

If you think Romney is going to trounce Obama, you must be thinking with your heart and not your brain. Romney actually lost a debate to Rick Santorum during the primaries. Rick Santorum

I don't think either Romney or Obama will trounce. Romney will deliver facts in a low key delivery. Obama will lie and it will be taken as truth with no challenge. It's all perception.

Obama lies but it makes an impression on voters who don't bother to check to see if what he says is true. Oh and let's not forget that there are 3 liberal leaning moderators.

like you and your "voting present" comment? :clap2:
FactCheck.org : Obama’s Legislative Record

"We leave it up to our readers to determine whether Obama's "present" votes were a sign of political weakness or deftness" So :clap2: to you as well.

Forum List

Back