Ravens terminate Ray Rice's contract!

Radio talk show host, Joe Pags, just cited the wisdom of comedian, Chris Rock, on this subject.

Rock said Ray Rice wasn't fired because of the assault on his (now) wife.

He got a two game suspension for the assault.

Getting fired from the entire NFL was due to the world SEEING THE ASSAULT ON VIDEOTAPE.

One shouldn't get a sterner or an extra discipline just because an offense can be SEEN rather than mentally realized.

The NFL KNEW of his offense when they gave him the two game suspension.

If he was going to be fired completely for the assault the fact of that assault should have been enough grounds for the termination without seeing the newly released elevator tape.

I'll admit this makes some sense.

That makes sense, but how did Gooddell think she got knocked out? You know as well as I do that Rice has been smacking her around for some time. The Players Association won't touch this. Even if Rice went to them for support, they will walk away.

The problem is another team will just pick him up and probably give him big contract to boot. The guy should be banned from the NFL.

No they won't. He will be as toxic as Vick was when he came out of prison. Besides, the NFL has suspended him indefinitely.

Radio talk show host, Joe Pags, just cited the wisdom of comedian, Chris Rock, on this subject.

Getting fired from the entire NFL was due to the world SEEING THE ASSAULT ON VIDEOTAPE.

One shouldn't get a sterner or an extra discipline just because an offense can be SEEN rather than mentally realized.

If he was going to be fired completely for the assault the fact of that assault should have been enough grounds for the termination without seeing the newly released elevator tape.

That makes sense, but how did Gooddell think she got knocked out? You know as well as I do that Rice has been smacking her around for some time. The Players Association won't touch this. Even if Rice went to them for support, they will walk away.

Why do you think the player's association won't stand up for him? In my experience (watching how the conduct business) the player's association always stands up for the player, even when the player commits the most egregious offense.

We are not going to discuss why the NFL hired Brandon Marshall? Want me to list his rap sheet again?

Was he suspended for a year? Kicked out of the league?

No?

Huh.

The problem is another team will just pick him up and probably give him big contract to boot. The guy should be banned from the NFL.

No they won't. He will be as toxic as Vick was when he came out of prison. Besides, the NFL has suspended him indefinitely.

Actually more toxic.

You think so? I don't know, he's a pretty good player, a lot of these owners really want to win. There are players who have checkered pasts on each team.

Why do you think the player's association won't stand up for him? In my experience (watching how the conduct business) the player's association always stands up for the player, even when the player commits the most egregious offense.

The last thing on earth the NFL wants is for the players association to alienate the fan base. If they took up Rice's case, that is what they would do. Everyone, including former players, on ESPN said the same thing.

And I am in agreement. :thup:

Actually more toxic.

You think so? I don't know, he's a pretty good player, a lot of these owners really want to win. There are players who have checkered pasts on each team.

I would say it will take over a year before any team will even consider Rice. Probably two years which would put him near the end of his career.

The last thing on earth the NFL wants is for the players association to alienate the fan base. If they took up Rice's case, that is what they would do. Everyone, including former players, on ESPN said the same thing.

It is a symbiotic relationship but the PA doesn't answer to the NFL. Ray Rice is a big money player, there's no way the PA would not have his back if push came to shove. Look, if the NFL decided to ban him for life you wouldn't expect the PA to fight that?

Actually more toxic.

I would say it will take over a year before any team will even consider Rice. Probably two years which would put him near the end of his career.
Rice was on his last shot as an NFL running back anyway

He is guilty of the worst crime possible......embarrassing your employer

Actually more toxic.

Why was he on his last shot? What is he 26, 27? He's got 3 or 4 years left.

I can't fathom anyone sticking around for abuse. This woman needs help.

It is a symptom of spousal abuse. The female often refuses to prosecute or actually blames themselves. Yes, she needs help. Now that the big contract is gone, it will be interesting to see if she sticks around. I hope someone in her family comes forward and convinces her to get out of that situation.

Actually more toxic.

Why was he on his last shot? What is he 26, 27? He's got 3 or 4 years left.
Burnt out. Most RBs last four years

His yards per carry were about 3 last year.

Forum List

Back