Ravens terminate Ray Rice's contract!

Radio talk show host, Joe Pags, just cited the wisdom of comedian, Chris Rock, on this subject.

Rock said Ray Rice wasn't fired because of the assault on his (now) wife.

He got a two game suspension for the assault.

Getting fired from the entire NFL was due to the world SEEING THE ASSAULT ON VIDEOTAPE.

One shouldn't get a sterner or an extra discipline just because an offense can be SEEN rather than mentally realized.

The NFL KNEW of his offense when they gave him the two game suspension.

If he was going to be fired completely for the assault the fact of that assault should have been enough grounds for the termination without seeing the newly released elevator tape.

I'll admit this makes some sense.

That makes sense, but how did Gooddell think she got knocked out? You know as well as I do that Rice has been smacking her around for some time. The Players Association won't touch this. Even if Rice went to them for support, they will walk away.

Why do you think the player's association won't stand up for him? In my experience (watching how the conduct business) the player's association always stands up for the player, even when the player commits the most egregious offense.

The last thing on earth the NFL wants is for the players association to alienate the fan base. If they took up Rice's case, that is what they would do. Everyone, including former players, on ESPN said the same thing.

The FEMALE fanbase. And those who are influenced by women.

No brainer for the NFL.

No individual player is worth alienating the women fans and friends.

The problem is another team will just pick him up and probably give him big contract to boot. The guy should be banned from the NFL.

No they won't. He will be as toxic as Vick was when he came out of prison. Besides, the NFL has suspended him indefinitely.

Has he been charged with assault?

Hope so. And she needs to see a therapist to learn that she doesn't have to be his punching bag.

At the start of the video he waits in the hall and spits in her face as she walks by

Some guy

The problem is another team will just pick him up and probably give him big contract to boot. The guy should be banned from the NFL.

No they won't. He will be as toxic as Vick was when he came out of prison. Besides, the NFL has suspended him indefinitely.

Hope so. And she needs to see a therapist to learn that she doesn't have to be his punching bag.

Among other things, NFL players represent a paycheck to their female playmates.

How much abuse would you put up with to live with and sleep with and share a life with an incredibly fit, incredibly driven individual whose game checks regularly exceed the annual salaries of average Americans?

Quite a bit.

Mrs. Ray Rice is facing an interesting question.

Stand by your man and hope he earns again what he once did?

Or leave him and hope to make a living doing nails?

Bullies never take on someone who can fight back and football is about money.

She'll likely stay, at least for a while. And, just like Vick, after a while, he'll be picked up by another team.

Unless the fans demand otherwise and they really don't care that a woman (and children?) are getting beaten by their heroes. Pretty sick but there you are.

He seems to have gotten away with a slap on the wrist. As usual, it appears his punching bag took his side....sad

Is it hard to understand the intimidation-love conflicts that go through the mind of a woman being abused. I have seen it first hand. It is sad and so hard to deal with.

And The Assault Charge Against Ray Rice Will Be Dropped Above the Law A Legal Web Site 8211 News Commentary and Opinions on Law Firms Lawyers Law Schools Law Suits Judges and Courts Career Resources

In a strange sort of way this reminds me of the Palestinians who don't want to die for opposing Hamas so they suffer in silence.

He votes Democrat. How can you be angry with him?

At the start of the video he waits in the hall and spits in her face as she walks by

Some guy
Hey, he's a Democrat...can't be mad at him. Perhaps he was just frustrated growing up as a Black youth? Too bad she wasn't a White cop huh liberals?

So why is the NFL punishing him for an act which his fiance forgave him for committing? She obviously thought highly enough of the man to marry him. If the wife is OK with him punching her then what business does society have telling people how they must live their married life? Isn't that what all the homosexual advocates are saying?

Gooddell has former FBI agents working for him, but he could not get this video? Really?
Roger got some plainin to do....

Yes, she apologized and talked his felony down to a misdemeanor...and then he marries her. AMAZING WHAT LOVE CAN DO.
I wonder about the love when he's no longer that big NFL gravy train.

He won't suffer too much. Seems like as long as they can toss a ball around, they can abuse women and animals and keep making millions.

Sickening. Society is sick to pay these guys so much money they know they can get away with such shit.

Gooddell has former FBI agents working for him, but he could not get this video? Really?

Yes, she apologized and talked his felony down to a misdemeanor...and then he marries her. AMAZING WHAT LOVE CAN DO.

He's already pocketed about $18 million from the NFL. If they pinch pennies that might last them for a bit.

You know the saying about hitting bottom. My personal hypothesis is that bad behavior will go on so long as there is little consequence, but now Rice's violence is known all over America. I think that this is hitting bottom and we probably will see a change in his behavior where we wouldn't see a change in a person not in the public eye. Maybe I'm wrong though.

We are not going to discuss why the NFL hired Brandon Marshall? Want me to list his rap sheet again?

Was he suspended for a year? Kicked out of the league?

No?

Huh.
How about we talk about why TMZ held onto this video for months?

We had an employee who did something really wrong 3 times. He was our best employee but we had to let him go. For about a year. He got his shit together and now he is back. Ray Rice deserves a second chance, next year.

I feel more sorry for the dogs in Michael Vick's story than I do her. She married the guy. LOL. But I guess I would have to. Either become a millionaires wife or go back to wherever you came from single and broke. I get it.

I wonder who will get him next year? Hopefully he goes back to the Ravens.

They must be really embarrassed. LOL.

He's already pocketed about $18 million from the NFL. If they pinch pennies that might last them for a bit.

You know the saying about hitting bottom. My personal hypothesis is that bad behavior will go on so long as there is little consequence, but now Rice's violence is known all over America. I think that this is hitting bottom and we probably will see a change in his behavior where we wouldn't see a change in a person not in the public eye. Maybe I'm wrong though.

If he never played again, he would absolutely need to downsize his lifestyle. How many millions did he pay for his home and cars? How much did he set up his family? How much does he pay his agent? And 18 million is really only $9 million after taxes.

He better have put $3 mill away for safe keeping.

And hopefully like Michael Vick he'll come back in a year or two and make some more $.

Forum List

Back