🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ray Rice Is having his life assaulted by NFL!

What has happened to Ray Rice is a travesty of justice, it is patently unjust that he has received a lifetime suspension from the league!

His penalty wasn't a lifetime ban but rather an indefinite suspension. He can petition the commish for reinstatement next season.

He beat her down. If he lost control like that once he can do it again.

Society in general, and the NFL in particular, has no business rewarding that behavior. He should be behind bars, whether his wife presses charges or not.

Putting him in prison won't prevent him from losing control again.

If she did the same to me I might have reacted as he did.

But I have a clean criminal record.

The young man made a mistake.

Answer me this: Taking him out of his only profession and making him live as best he can with his non-football playing job skills is more likely or less likely to push him toward a life of crime?

If he manages to stay out of prison he can play in the Canadian or Indoor Football Leagues. The lesson? Even superstars will be held accountable for their actions.

He'll be back in the NFL within 4 seasons. GUARANTEED

He's already 27 yrs old and the NFL has become very image conscious. I think he is toasted Rice.

Allow me to answer.

The laws on domestic abuse have changed. The abused person's consent is no longer required to press charges. I believe that is universal in every state.

In other words, a police officer can arrest me and charge me with assaulting my wife even if my wife says I didn't assault her?

I don't think so. There needs to be some evidence and in the Rice example that video is ambiguous. No blood? No broken bones?

IF there is evidence of an assault, not only CAN the police arrest you even if your wife doesn't want to press charges, they MUST arrest you. It is a felony on them if they don't.

Mandatory arrest when they see evidence of an assault.

And once again, you can not POSSIBLY really believe that video shows ANYTHING but a viscous assault.

I saw a physical provocation starting with her hitting him and him backing away and her charging him as if to do him harm followed by his reacting instinctively by hitting her, whereupon she fell, hitting her head on the railing, knocking her out.

A vicious assault would be him raining blows upon her.

He merely stopped the violence as best he could.

You're pathetic, and a coward just like Rice.

Twice her fucking size and you believe he "defended himself the best he could " by knocking her unconscious and dragging her through a hotel lobby

You may have served as an officer but you haven't the brains of any officer I'd ever have respected.

Maybe you were right in saying we shouldn't thank you for your service or whatever nonsense you posted the other night!

Stupid ass, even when a bunch of little kids 'attack' you you have to 'defend' yourself from them. Or even from a bunch of puppies.

That's just a figure of speech.

You regularly defend against things you are clearly superior to.

You are a joke.

Chicken Colonel I'd bet.

Hey, show us your service ribbons why don't ya!

LOLOL

How many times did your men frag you?

Black men have a different way of looking at the world, ajole.

In the hood you don't stop and think about who or what is coming at you sometimes, you just have to react instantly or you die.

You should know that Col. Klink!

HAHAHA!

EDIT: Oh, and if it matters to you at all, Rice's own FATHER was gunned down in an incident of inner city violence.

Go get out of my sight until i can stand to see your name again without laughing!

Last edited:
Allow me to answer.

The laws on domestic abuse have changed. The abused person's consent is no longer required to press charges. I believe that is universal in every state.

In other words, a police officer can arrest me and charge me with assaulting my wife even if my wife says I didn't assault her?

I don't think so. There needs to be some evidence and in the Rice example that video is ambiguous. No blood? No broken bones?

IF there is evidence of an assault, not only CAN the police arrest you even if your wife doesn't want to press charges, they MUST arrest you. It is a felony on them if they don't.

And once again, you can not POSSIBLY really believe that video shows ANYTHING but a viscous assault.

I saw a physical provocation starting with her hitting him and him backing away and her charging him as if to do him harm followed by his reacting instinctively by hitting her, whereupon she fell, hitting her head on the railing, knocking her out.

He merely stopped the violence of the entire situation as best he could, using an amount of violence that apparently was enough to do the job, but no more than was necessary.

Her hitting her head on the way down was an accident.

You're lower than a fucking worm. Don't ever pretend to be a man, because you just proved that you aren't.

Sorry for you.

We see which 'measure of a man' you decided to go with!

The EASIEST one!

Go jerk yourself off with your feet.

Now THAT is the mark of a REAL man...

Sorry it isn't quite as easy as NOT HITTING WOMEN, but maybe it will earn you the respect you once hoped the not hitting thing might bring you.

Uncle Tarry

LOLOL

Allow me to answer.

Twice her fucking size and you believe he "defended himself the best he could " by knocking her unconscious and dragging her through a hotel lobby

You may have served as an officer but you haven't the brains of any officer I'd ever have respected.

Maybe you were right in saying we shouldn't thank you for your service or whatever nonsense you posted the other night?

Stupid ass, even when a bunch of little kids 'attack' you you have to 'defend' yourself from them. Or even from a bunch of puppies.

You are a joke.

Chicken Colonel I'd bet.

LOLOL

In the hood you don't stop and think about who or what is coming at you sometimes, you just have to react instantly or you die.

HAHAHA!

EDIT: Oh, and if it matters to you at all, Rice's own FATHER was gunned down in an incident of inner city violence.

Go get out of my sight until i can stand to see your name again without laughing!

oh so "we grew up in the hood yo sometimes you gotta beat down women and children"

LOL son. I'm gonna tell you something your daddy should have told you. Now listen, this is serious advice.

Sometimes walking away from a fight is the most "manly" thing a man can do.

What has happened to Ray Rice is a travesty of justice, it is patently unjust that he has received a lifetime suspension from the league. !

It is NOT the NFL's business to get involved in marital affairs.

It should be up to Ms Rice to file a complaint with the authorities if she is so inclined.

It certainly is the business of the NFL to employ who they'd like.

Allow me to answer.

Maybe you were right in saying we shouldn't thank you for your service or whatever nonsense you posted the other night!

You are a joke.

Chicken Colonel I'd bet.

LOLOL

HAHAHA!

You are completely out of line with your comments. I would neg you if I could.

Allow me to answer.

You are a joke.

Chicken Colonel I'd bet.

LOLOL

HAHAHA!

You are completely out of line with your comments. I would neg you if I could.

Eh, let his bluster, probably saving some poor woman from a beat down as we speak.

He beat her down. If he lost control like that once he can do it again.

Society in general, and the NFL in particular, has no business rewarding that behavior. He should be behind bars, whether his wife presses charges or not.

Absolutely not. Government has no business in the private lives of its citizens. If the wife is OK with what happened, we don't need government sticking its nose and and saying otherwise, never mind judging and punishing.
What did the government do in this case??

Allow me to answer.

Maybe you were right in saying we shouldn't thank you for your service or whatever nonsense you posted the other night?

You are a joke.

Chicken Colonel I'd bet.

LOLOL

HAHAHA!

oh so "we grew up in the hood yo sometimes you gotta beat down women and children"

LOL son. I'm gonna tell you something your daddy should have told you. Now listen, this is serious advice.

Okay, so anyone who isn't lucky enough to have a positive male role model to teach him that should lose an opportunity to practice his occupation and lose millions of dollars and possibly his marriage and also maybe spend time in prison???

We strive for justice.

So where is the justice in ruining these two kids' lives when they were ready, willing and able to try putting this incident behind them?

Does anyone think Ray Rice is going to do it again?

He hadn't done it before.

Does anyone think Ray Rice is going to forget this lesson?

Look at Janay's message. She's crying out for her life with Ray, their lives together as a family, to be saved somehow.

He made a mistake.

This incident isn't as kindly and loving a teaching method as his Father might have given him but this will have to do. It will have to serve as Ray Rice's fatherly advice he never got growing up.

Ray, you don't raise your hand to a woman.

Okay. NOW you can hold him responsible for future incidents of domestic violence because we all know that NOW he has received the instruction.

See a little remedial education for the Brothers and everything works better.

Chris Rock's video advice on how NOT to get your ass kicked by the cops is in this same line of remedial education many Blacks never got from a loving and responsible adult.

Therefore, they should be given a little bit of leeway before you try lynching them the first chance you get.

Last edited:
You are injecting gender bias. Reverse the sexes & see if your analysis makes sense. Or what if this were a gay couple.

Janay was the aggressor who started her attack in the hall & continued it into the elevator where Ray was cornered. Ray retreated all the way into the corner. He was backed into a corner when Janay attacked. It was a natural defensive reflex to punch the attacker. She struck him twice & he retreated into a corner before he defended himself. Janay should have avoided Ray instead of attacking him. He was not abusing or beating her. Ray was retreating from a violent aggressor.

bullshit,

First come on look at at the size difference, and the fact that we're not talking about a woman trained in martial arts or anything

Second, he voluntarily got in elevator with her. I don't think he was fearing for his safety.

Third, knocking the bitch out cold wasn't "defending himself the best he could"

Fourth , dragging her out of the elevator was just the scum at the bottom of the scum

Did the woman hit him first? Of course she did, but what damage was she possibly going to do to him?

Allow me to answer.

You are a joke.

Chicken Colonel I'd bet.

LOLOL

HAHAHA!

Okay, so anyone who isn't lucky enough to have a positive male role model to teach him that should lose an opportunity to practice his occupation and lose millions of dollars and possibly his marriage and also maybe spend time in prison???

We strive for justice.

So where is the justice in ruining these two kids' lives when they were ready, willing and able to try putting this incident behind them?

Look at Janay's message. She's crying out for her life with Ray, their lives together as a family, to be saved somehow.

He made a mistake.

This incident isn't as kindly and loving a teaching method as his Father might have given him but this will have to do. It will have to serve as Ray Rice's fatherly advice he never got growing up.

Okay. NOW you can hold him responsible for future incidents of domestic violence because we all know that NOW he has received the instruction.

Chris Rock's video advice on how NOT to get your ass kicked by the cops is in this same line of remedial education many Blacks never got from a loving and responsible adult. Therefore, they should be given a little bit of leeway before you try lynching them the first chance you get.

Sorry bro , you punch a woman in the face like that, and yeah its kind of a zero tolerance. He should be in jail. That was absolutely, positively felonious assault.

"I didn't have a daddy to teach me" is no excuse. Who has to be taught "don't knock women out?"

Allow me to answer.

You are a joke.

Chicken Colonel I'd bet.

LOLOL

HAHAHA!

We strive for justice.

He made a mistake.

Chris Rock's video advice on how NOT to get your ass kicked by the cops is in this same line of remedial education many Blacks never got from a loving and responsible adult. Therefore, they should be given a little bit of leeway before you try lynching them the first chance you get.

Sorry bro , you punch a woman in the face like that, and yeah its kind of a zero tolerance. He should be in jail. That was absolutely, positively felonious assault.

"I didn't have a daddy to teach me" is no excuse. Who has to be taught "don't knock women out?"

You ever serve in the Desert Wars?

Do you follow the same rules in a combat zone as you do here?

Is there no overlap?

I'm clear that what he did was wrong.

I'm also clear there are & were mitigating factors which must be considered so that the outcry for justice is also tempered with the calming stillness that comes from understanding and wanting to leave this couple better citizens if we can within our purview as fans and citizens.

What would the teachable moments be here for the Rices?

They can arrest you even if she denies it. A police officer only needs to believe that a crime has been committed. He does not even need to KNOW that any crime has occurred.

I can't speak for the rest of the country, but here in Baltimore, citizens can go downtown and make a report, police will often file charges BASED on that report.

Yes, it sucks to be us - that's our land of the free.

Yes. A police officer can arrest you based on his belief that you are guilty of some offense. But if his belief is not adequately supported when the case comes to court, and presuming you are able to afford a decent lawyer, you can sue for wrongful arrest and depending on the circumstances (and the skill of your lawyer) you can come away with a substantial award.

For example, the New York City Corporation Counsel (Department of Law) litigates between 130 and 175 wrongful arrest lawsuits against NYPD every year. Most of them are dismissed as groundless, but settlements in the substantive cases range from $20k plus court costs (average) to jury awards in the hundreds of thousands. So in spite of what some here fantasize about, the average cop is not going to make a discretionary arrest unless he can present substantial evidence to support his action.

The circumstance you've noted above, i.e., citizens preferring charges, is very common. And as long as the citizen making the charge signs a complaint the police will act on it and they are covered. But if the complaint is fraudulent or defective the affiant can be sued -- and possibly prosecuted.

You ever serve in the Desert Wars?

Do you follow the same rules in a combat zone as you do here?

Is there no overlap?

I'm clear that what he did was wrong.

I'm also clear there are & were mitigating factors which must be considered so that the outcry for justice is also tempered with the calming stillness that comes from understanding and wanting to leave this couple better citizens if we can within our purview as fans and citizens.

What would the teachable moments be here for the Rices?

Well, at least you finally admit he was in the wrong.

I've served in a couple engagements, Iraq two tours, Afghanistan 4 tours, once in Bosnia, oh and don't forget Panama that was a tough little fight. LOL

anyway, you're trying to justify and compare what happened in that elevator to what happens in war?

Come on....

I'll tell you a story, when I was a young(ish) officer we got called to a domestic disturbance , we showed up at this house, some drunk ass sergeant beating on his wife. Now the Army worked a little different back then, sometimes people got hurt on their way to the stockade.

The truth of it is, we didn't want to ruin this guy's career over what looked like a one time incident, and the wife didn't want to press charges so we kicked his ass a little and made it clear to him that it would not be pleasant fro him if we had to return.

Three days later I was arresting him for murder.

This guy had ZERO prior accusations even of domestic violence. NONE.

My mistake in not arresting him cost that woman her life, I'm convinced of it.

Last edited:
You are injecting gender bias. Reverse the sexes & see if your analysis makes sense. Or what if this were a gay couple.

Janay was the aggressor who started her attack in the hall & continued it into the elevator where Ray was cornered. Ray retreated all the way into the corner. He was backed into a corner when Janay attacked. It was a natural defensive reflex to punch the attacker. She struck him twice & he retreated into a corner before he defended himself. Janay should have avoided Ray instead of attacking him. He was not abusing or beating her. Ray was retreating from a violent aggressor.

bullshit,

First come on look at at the size difference, and the fact that we're not talking about a woman trained in martial arts or anything

Second, he voluntarily got in elevator with her. I don't think he was fearing for his safety.

Third, knocking the bitch out cold wasn't "defending himself the best he could"

Fourth , dragging her out of the elevator was just the scum at the bottom of the scum

Did the woman hit him first? Of course she did, but what damage was she possibly going to do to him?

So what if Ray is scum & did not react perfectly. He does not have to allow his scummy girlfriend to continue to whale on him just because he is bigger. Janay was the aggressor & Ray had few choices when backed into a corner. If Janay didn't want to get hurt, she shouldn't have attacked him.

That video is ambiguous at best. It can serve as evidence of assault IF a complaint is made by the woman. But if the woman says she was not assaulted and refuses to prefer charges, regardless of how passionately determined you are to see Rice prosecuted, unless there is a complaint by the victim or an abundance of peripheral evidence (extreme injuries) and some exceptional circumstances there is no case.

In the simplest terms, it is all up to the supposed victim of the alleged assault.

Forum List

Back