Re-Evaluating Newt..

LOL. He is still the same asshole that he has always been.:eek:

Thats a positive in today's environment where common sense and the truth are in short supply. His bluntness is refreshing.

Like anyone gets very far in the political world without being at least a bit of an asshole. As much as people may hate to admit it, too much niceness is a drawback in a political leader. Look at Jimmy Carter: nicest man you'd ever want to meet, but an utterly hopeless doormat of a President.
And we are in the midst of part deux...

MAILAISE.jpg

Mailaise
(Image: EIB)​

Thats a positive in today's environment where common sense and the truth are in short supply. His bluntness is refreshing.

Like anyone gets very far in the political world without being at least a bit of an asshole. As much as people may hate to admit it, too much niceness is a drawback in a political leader. Look at Jimmy Carter: nicest man you'd ever want to meet, but an utterly hopeless doormat of a President.

MAILAISE.jpg

Mailaise

I always think of Jimmy Carter as an asshole...

MAILAISE.jpg

Mailaise

I always think of Jimmy Carter as an asshole...
I served under that jackwad. I helped make sure he didn't stay in the WH. I am equally motivated to make Obama take the same course.

Intellectual idiot - The Portland Freelancer: Newt Gingrich: An Intellectual Idiot

Serial adulterer - even while impeaching President Clinton - see below

Vietnam draft evader - graduate school deferment (Some deferment - Vietnam War lasted 11 years) - Draft Deferment: Vietnam

Congressional disgrace - Only Speaker of the House to have been disciplined for ethics violations - Newt Gingrich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

High Infidelity

By Steve Benen

But the most notorious of them all is undoubtedly Gingrich, who ran for Congress in 1978 on the slogan, "Let Our Family Represent Your Family." (He was reportedly cheating on his first wife at the time). In 1995, an alleged mistress from that period, Anne Manning, told Vanity Fair's Gail Sheehy: "We had oral sex. He prefers that modus operandi because then he can say, 'I never slept with her.'" Gingrich obtained his first divorce in 1981, after forcing his wife, who had helped put him through graduate school, to haggle over the terms while in the hospital, as she recovered from uterine cancer surgery. In 1999, he was disgraced again, having been caught in an affair with a 33-year-old congressional aide while spearheading the impeachment proceedings against President Clinton.

"High Infidelity" by Steve Benen

Newt Gingrich’s Second Wife Dishes Hard To Esquire: His Money Woes, His Philandering, His Meltdown | TPMMuckraker

Newt Gingrich - SERIAL ADULTERER - SEX ADDICT - Democratic Underground

newt-tongue-911.jpg

Newt "Family Values / Rain Man" Gingrich

Intellectual idiot - The Portland Freelancer: Newt Gingrich: An Intellectual Idiot

Vietnam draft evader - graduate school deferment (Some deferment - Vietnam War lasted 11 years) - Draft Deferment: Vietnam

Congressional disgrace - Only Speaker of the House to have been disciplined for ethics violations - Newt Gingrich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

High Infidelity

By Steve Benen

But the most notorious of them all is undoubtedly Gingrich, who ran for Congress in 1978 on the slogan, "Let Our Family Represent Your Family." (He was reportedly cheating on his first wife at the time). In 1995, an alleged mistress from that period, Anne Manning, told Vanity Fair's Gail Sheehy: "We had oral sex. He prefers that modus operandi because then he can say, 'I never slept with her.'" Gingrich obtained his first divorce in 1981, after forcing his wife, who had helped put him through graduate school, to haggle over the terms while in the hospital, as she recovered from uterine cancer surgery. In 1999, he was disgraced again, having been caught in an affair with a 33-year-old congressional aide while spearheading the impeachment proceedings against President Clinton.

Newt Gingrich’s Second Wife Dishes Hard To Esquire: His Money Woes, His Philandering, His Meltdown | TPMMuckraker

newt-tongue-911.jpg

Why should I waste my time in trusting your opinions or offered research?

MAILAISE.jpg

Mailaise

Except that Jimmy Carter really was, and is, a nice person, and Obama doesn't even fake it well.

I was caught on why I was supposed to care what his ex-wife had to say about him. She's his EX-WIFE! She's not SUPPOSED to like him or say nice things about him. It's right there in the job description of "ex-wife", for Christ's sake. I don't say nice things about my ex-boyfriends, but while I certainly believe it, I don't expect anyone ELSE to accept my opinion of them as gospel truth. Sheesh.

High Infidelity

By Steve Benen

You post this-and the response from the cons is to attack your sources. As if it was in doubt that Newt had been disciplined for unethical behavior, as if it was in doubt that Newt cheated on his first two wives, as if it was in doubt that Newt was cheating on his wife while attacking Clinton for cheating on his wife. [And yes, Cecille, Newt was attacking Clinton for immorality, even though the impeachment was about Clinton lying in a deposition in a civil lawsuit.]

That line kills with wingnuts, but the rest of the nation is going to be looking for more than wordy, inaccurate bomb throwing.

After four years of the Community Organizer, I think they'll look for anyone who will handle things better.

One more time, this election will be a referendum on Obama, not what Gingrich did in Congress 15 years ago. And if the economy keeps going the way it is, getting nominated is going to be the hard part.

Ha! Like you think all Obama has done is community organizing. :lmao:

If Newt is the candidate for the GOP, then it will be both a referendum on Obama and on what Gingrich did in Congress 15 years ago. You think people are going to compare Obama to a shill for videos and find Newt to be the more compelling of the two?

Ha! Like you think all Obama has done is community organizing. :lmao:

If Newt is the candidate for the GOP, then it will be both a referendum on Obama and on what Gingrich did in Congress 15 years ago. You think people are going to compare Obama to a shill for videos and find Newt to be the more compelling of the two?

I wish he had stuck to community organizing. He's fucked up everything else he's done. Being a loudmouth with a bullhorn was the height of his competence.

Actually, I think that Americans will look at the fact that unemployment has been over 9% for four years, that their 401K's are busted, that their mortgages are underwater because their homes have lost so much value, 5 trillion in new debt, and so on.

And they will not give a flying flip about the fact that back in the 1990's, Gingrich held Clinton's feet to the fire on spending, got him to actually reform welfare, balanced the budget, etc.

I wish he had stuck to community organizing. He's fucked up everything else he's done. Being a loudmouth with a bullhorn was the height of his competence.

Actually, I think that Americans will look at the fact that unemployment has been over 9% for four years, that their 401K's are busted, that their mortgages are underwater because their homes have lost so much value, 5 trillion in new debt, and so on.

And they will not give a flying flip about the fact that back in the 1990's, Gingrich held Clinton's feet to the fire on spending, got him to actually reform welfare, balanced the budget, etc.

I take it back. Maybe you are really that ignorant about Obama. And about Clinton, too. My apologies. Clinton worked with the Congress on welfare reform, and on balancing the budget.

The GOP doesn't offer a way to get unemployment down, or improve the performance of 401Ks, or get their mortgages out from under water, or reduce the deficit, or do anything of consequence.

The GOP has offered to get rid of social security, destroy Medicare, undo health care reform, let people go into foreclosure, stay unemployed and lose their unemployment checks, too, decrease taxes on the rich even further, repeal financial reforms that would keep us from another Wall Street led financial collapse, sink us further into debt, initiate more wars, disenfranchise more voters, and let our infrastructure crumble.

Your hope is that people will vote reflexively, without thinking. Your only hope, because Newt's ideas are about as popular as [borrowing from Esquire] the Affordable Cholera Act.

I take it back. Maybe you are really that ignorant about Obama. And about Clinton, too. My apologies. Clinton worked with the Congress on welfare reform, and on balancing the budget.

I'm from Chicago. I've heard about Obama a long time before you did, snookums. He was a joke. He shows what happens when you trust the media. They can make Sanjiya president if you don't watch them.

As for Clinton. Clinton fought welfare reform tooth and nail, until the polling showed people were for it. He was going to go along with ending affirmative action, too, until Jesse Jackson threatened to run a third party ticket.

The GOP doesn't offer a way to get unemployment down, or improve the performance of 401Ks, or get their mortgages out from under water, or reduce the deficit, or do anything of consequence.

Sure they do. Just not things you like.

The GOP has offered to get rid of social security, destroy Medicare, undo health care reform, let people go into foreclosure, stay unemployed and lose their unemployment checks, too, decrease taxes on the rich even further, repeal financial reforms that would keep us from another Wall Street led financial collapse, sink us further into debt, initiate more wars, disenfranchise more voters, and let our infrastructure crumble.

Squeal like a pig, boy!

Your hope is that people will vote reflexively, without thinking. Your only hope, because Newt's ideas are about as popular as [borrowing from Esquire] the Affordable Cholera Act.

Right now, 64% disapprove of ObamskyCare, only 34% approve. Obama is toast.

I would have to say, I've changed my mind a bit. I still think Newt's got some negatives, but compared to Romney and Cain, he's pretty awesome.

If this thing gets to IL, I'll vote for him.

I have mixed feelings about Newt.

On the one hand, he's a lying, unethical, bomb-throwing sleezebag.

On the other, he gets a great deal of credit for improving the fiscal balance in the 1990s (it wasn't just Clinton who balanced the budget) which will be our most critical issue when the economy improves, he's extremely intelligent, and he will probably do at least some of the necessary things needed when the GOP wins everything in 2012. To me, a big drawback is his perpetuating the unreality that Medicare can continue as is, which diminishes the first point, because Medicare is the single biggest budgetary problem we will face.

I might support him. I'd rather support someone who is smart and unethical than someone who is dumb and ethical.

Well what is it about a 17 year old personal extra marital affair--you can't get over---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

There isn't a candidate out there that hasn't made mistakes--the only candidate that has admitted his past mistakes is Newt Gingrich--and that's the difference.

lol

I won't expect to hear you moralizing about any politician. Ever.

I would have to say, I've changed my mind a bit. I still think Newt's got some negatives, but compared to Romney and Cain, he's pretty awesome.

C'mon Newt is funny sometimes too, check out this clip below, Hillarious!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skv-wWCvGyw]Ali G- Newt Gingrich - YouTube[/ame]

C'mon Newt is funny sometimes too, check out this clip below, Hillarious!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skv-wWCvGyw]Ali G- Newt Gingrich - YouTube[/ame]

LMAO!!!!! Hahahaha Thank you for sharing :)

High Infidelity

By Steve Benen

newt-tongue-911.jpg

Thank you for showing that you do not give a shit about anything except your spoonfed rightwing media consumption. I'll add you to my ignore list.

Thank you for showing that you do not give a shit about anything except your spoonfed rightwing media consumption. I'll add you to my ignore list.

Can you add me to it also?? LOL Thanks!

Forum List

Back