Re: IRAN.....Diplomacy vs. Belligerence...

Now they can do exactly what North Korea did thanks to Bill Clinton.

Any fool can state an "opinion"......but FACTS are a bit different.

The nuclear capabilities and testing by NK were FULLY implemented between the years of 2002 through 2007.......Want to state an "opinion" on who was US president during those years....Here's a hint: The same president that called NK part of the "axis of evil,"

If having an Embassy in Tehran taken over and US personnel being held hostage for 444 days was the US creating a problem, I would agree. But it wasn't and only a fool would think it was

Well, the above is because your knowledge of history boils down to yesterday's headline from FOX....

Go back and read (just for fun) about the CIA overthrow of Iran's Mosadegh in 1953......the installment of the Shah....Savak, etc...THEN, you'll have a better idea as to why the US Embassy was taken over.....something that I too believe should NOT have been done.

If having an Embassy in Tehran taken over and US personnel being held hostage for 444 days was the US creating a problem, I would agree. But it wasn't and only a fool would think it was

Well, the above is because your knowledge of history boils down to yesterday's headline from FOX....

Go back and read (just for fun) about the CIA overthrow of Iran's Mosadegh in 1953......the installment of the Shah....Savak, etc...THEN, you'll have a better idea as to why the US Embassy was taken over.....something that I too believe should NOT have been done.
Overthrown of the overthrown......................You left that part out.

Straw man much?

LAME response.......Don't you think that GWB should have attacked and invaded Saudi Arabia after 9-11; after all, how many of those 19 terrorists WERE FROM Saudi Arabia?

Just a reminder:

Origins of the 19 hijackers

Saudi Arabia ...15

United Arab Emirates ...2

Egypt ...1

Lebanon ...1
aka you would bomb Saudi Arabia after 9/11?

A country offered OBL and a sitting president refused to accept it..............Who would that be?

LAME response.......Don't you think that GWB should have attacked and invaded Saudi Arabia after 9-11; after all, how many of those 19 terrorists WERE FROM Saudi Arabia?

Let's follow the GWB "rationale" after 9-11.......

15 of the 19 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia.....So, GWB labels Iraq, Iran and North Korea as the "axis of evil".......Make sense?

Let's follow the GWB "rationale" after 9-11.......

15 of the 19 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia.....So, GWB labels Iraq, Iran and North Korea as the "axis of evil".......Make sense?
Again........you would have bombed Saudi Arabia after 9/11?

Again......you refuse to avow those from the Dem party who voted for this War.....who used the same rhetoric to go to War.......Including the one who is the answer to my last question...............Who before getting out of office said the same things Bush said...............including the leading candidate of the Dem party...........which is part of her luggage...........

A country offered OBL and a sitting president refused to accept it..............Who would that be?

From Fact Check......

Q: Did Bill Clinton pass up a chance to kill Osama bin Laden?

A: Probably not, and it would not have mattered anyway as there was no evidence at the time that bin Laden had committed any crimes against American citizens.

From Fact Check......

Q: Did Bill Clinton pass up a chance to kill Osama bin Laden?

A: Probably not, and it would not have mattered anyway as there was no evidence at the time that bin Laden had committed any crimes against American citizens.
He was a known terrorist.................Clinton was Obama..............a pussy.

Again......you refuse to avow those from the Dem party who voted for this War.....who used the same rhetoric to go to War

I'm not defending those democrat idiots that followed GWB's (most likely, Cheney's) lies.........and I like to always answer this "dodge" with another question:

If someone tells you a LIE, and you repeat the lie thinking it to be TRUE, .......WHO, then, is ultimately the LIAR?

Again......you refuse to avow those from the Dem party who voted for this War.....who used the same rhetoric to go to War

I'm not defending those democrat idiots that followed GWB's (most likely, Cheney's) lies.........and I like to always answer this "dodge" with another question:

If someone tells you a LIE, and you repeat the lie thinking it to be TRUE, .......WHO, then, is ultimately the LIAR?
As like always you dodge the questions I ask..................

He was a known terrorist.................Clinton was Obama..............a pussy.

Stay stupid.....I really don't care.
edd22d339250b7b2fdd287cbf48d6848b35ae1b8a994958a4692d25f3e6d6318.jpg

I didn't realize they were anything but adjoining countries. As soon as Mexico or Canada sponsors an attack like 911 on the US, we will invade them. We were completely justified in invading both Afghanistan and Iraq.

Sure, because right wing MORONS still believe that the 9-11 terrorists were Iraqis ????

No they don't and never did. They just believed what these leading Democrats were saying.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 |
Source

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 |
Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 |
Source

No they don't. Honest question. Do the Israeli's threaten to eliminate a country like Iran has threatened to eliminate them?[/QUOTE]

The answer is YES......not only in rhetoric by Israel....but by history in Israel bombing sites in Iraq(and possibly Syria.)

There is a vast difference between Israel bombing a site that is a threat to them and threatening to eliminate Iraq's right to exist as a country.[/QUOTE]

Praised for allowing Iran to obtain nuclear capability? You're joking right?
he should have qualified that the rightwinger that accepts and admits that diplomacy worked would have to have a connection to reality. you clearly do not

A treaty without verification is worthless. Obviously, you are disillusioned.
and yet there is verification.
you're just mad becauae obama has rolled back iran's nuclear capability and secured the release of tbe prisoners without a single shot fired or dead soldier.

just galls you that every problem doesn't need a bomb for a solution

The IAEA still does not have access to Iran's military installations that could be working to develop a bomb.
unless they, or we, suspect development.

so try again

Now they can do exactly what North Korea did thanks to Bill Clinton.

Any fool can state an "opinion"......but FACTS are a bit different.

The nuclear capabilities and testing by NK were FULLY implemented between the years of 2002 through 2007.......Want to state an "opinion" on who was US president during those years....Here's a hint: The same president that called NK part of the "axis of evil,"

Who was the President that made this deal?

On October 21, 1994, the United States and North Korea signed an agreement-the Agreed Framework-calling upon Pyongyang to freeze operation and construction of nuclear reactors suspected of being part of a covert nuclear weapons program in exchange for two proliferation-resistant nuclear power reactors. The agreement also called upon the United States to supply North Korea with fuel oil pending construction of the reactors. An international consortium called the Korean Peninsula Energy Development Organization (KEDO) was formed to implement the agreement.
The Agreed Framework ended an 18-month crisis during which North Korea announced its intention to withdraw from the nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT), under which North Korea committed not to develop nuclear weapons. (See ACA's Chronology of U.S.-North Korean Nuclear and Missile Diplomacy for more information on U.S.-North Korean nuclear relations.)

Forum List

Back