Reactions to the Shooting in Ferguson, Mo., Have Sharp Racial Divides

Wow, blacks are more concerned than whites with the fact that black teenagers who wish no harm to anyone are often seen as threats, because other black teenagers are thugs.

Was Brown a victim or a thug? I dunno.
By looking at that convenience store video he was a thug.
Ah, but we don't shoot people for being thugs unless their thuggery presents a real physical threat at the moment we shoot them. If not, then it's murder or at least manslaughter.

Wow, blacks are more concerned than whites with the fact that black teenagers who wish no harm to anyone are often seen as threats, because other black teenagers are thugs.

Ah, but we don't shoot people for being thugs unless their thuggery presents a real physical threat at the moment we shoot them. If not, then it's murder or at least manslaughter.
I didn't say anything about him being shot for it or not. Just a definite answer to your question as to whether he was a thug or not. Judging by the convenience store video he was a thug. I've never been tempted to shove a store clerk. Even a rude one or one who could barely speak English.
He was a thug.

I didn't say anything about him being shot for it or not. Just a definite answer to your question as to whether he was a thug or not. Judging by the convenience store video he was a thug. I've never been tempted to shove a store clerk. Even a rude one or one who could barely speak English.
He was a thug.

Yes. He was a thug, probably, assuming he really was in the video. But again that doesn't justify shooting him later on. And, the point is that innocent black teenagers really do get profiled by cops and security people. And that would scare them and their parents.

Hopefully the cop won't get railroaded, but if he didn't shoot the kid in response to a real and present threat, hopefully he'll go to jail.

Obama shouldn't be prejudging the thing though.

I believe that you are "misunderstanding" the young man....According to the speakers at his funeral today - he was a "gentle soul". Jesus - I thought "gentle souls" set about to help folks? Instead, this 6'4" 300 pound 18 year old seemed to be anything but "gentle" with that QT clerk....

I guess their idea of "gentle" is slightly different than mine..... :)

I believe that you are "misunderstanding" the young man....According to the speakers at his funeral today - he was a "gentle soul". Jesus - I thought "gentle souls" set about to help folks? Instead, this 6'4" 300 pound 18 year old seemed to be anything but "gentle" with that QT clerk....

There's no doubt he's being mischaracterized to fit their agenda. And, that's unfortunate, because there really is an issue of profiling. But, Sharpton et als grandstanding prevents that from being addressed.

And Obama hasn't exactly stood tall. The cop may be a killer. The kid in Fla may have been a victim. But, there are reasons an out of shape white cop is afraid of a 300 pound black teenager, and what parent let's their teenage kid run loose after midnight to go to the convenience store?

There's no doubt he's being mischaracterized to fit their agenda. And, that's unfortunate, because there really is an issue of profiling. But, Sharpton et als grandstanding prevents that from being addressed.

And Obama hasn't exactly stood tall. The cop may be a killer. The kid in Fla may have been a victim. But, there are reasons an out of shape white cop is afraid of a 300 pound black teenager, and what parent let's their teenage kid run loose after midnight to go to the convenience store?

"out of shape white cop":rolleyes:
Had to squeeze in a disparaging comment..Your bias is leaking through.

Cops profile for a reason.

It works

it has never widened, it has always been this way.

Cops profile for a reason.

It works

Plus, it saves lives

-Geaux

Forum List

Back