Read Trump's Indictment Here

Another thread on the indictment text. Awesome. I assume this is the updated version? :p
I was vicious to the liberals in defending Trump all night on twitter. then he comes up with that dud dead speech. i can not defend a man who won't fight for himself

AG's on record now stating that Bragg should be DISBARRED and removed from office.
Good luck with that. :lol:

I find it ironic the Republicans are trying to weaponize the federal government.

Trump has literally been deprived of his Fifth and Sixth Amendment rights.

The Defendant has a right to know what he's being charged with in order to prepare his defense.

As a matter of due process the donut will have to produce the charge. And soon.

The NY law is a misdemeanor and the statute of limitations expired 3 years ago. To get around that the DA had to tie this to Federal election laws and upgrade to a felony. But the whole premise of the case is that Trump defrauded voters. But those federal election laws don't even require Trump to file the statements at issue until months AFTER the election hence no opportunity to defraud anyone.

This case is DOA.

It is clear. Crystal.
Not according to Alvin Bragg. Even he admits that the indictment paperwork is vague. He said by law he doesn’t need to explain all the charges, so he’s choosing to be vague

Nope.
He has a signed statement from Stormy Daniels that she never received a penny from Trump. The $130K was something Michael Cohen supposedly did on his own without Trump's knowledge.
You can't retroactively charge Trump with something that #1 isn't illegal and #2 he had no knowledge of.
You're just taking the word of a convicted perjurer on all of this.

Every lawyer in the country said this BS indictment should be thrown out before it gets to trial. It will be lucky to last until the Dec 4th hearing.
The handling of the Stormy Daniels payoff is the violation of election law. That is not what he is charged with. He is charge with falsifying documents to cover up that violation. When documents were issued is irrelevant. It makes no different when documents were issued.

The evidence of violation of election law will not be presented till the trial so we have to wait for that but I don't think that is going be the problem for the DA. I think it is going to be tuff proving that Trump sighed the documents with intent to cover up the election law violation.

Trump and Cohen are on tape discussing the payoff to Daniels.

As for lying, that's rich. All Trump does is lie, every time he opens his mouth.

Cohen lied at Trump's direction.
A tape recording which is not likely to be admissible. But even if it is admissible, discussing the payment isn’t incriminatory. One is allowed to discuss paying for an NDA since it’s not a crime.

Furthermore, a suggestion to pay in cash is just as legal. The point of paying for an NDA is to keep it quiet, after all.

Cohen even lied to Congress and got convicted for it.

The handling of the Stormy Daniels payoff is the violation of election law. That is not what he is charged with. He is charge with falsifying documents to cover up that violation. When documents were issued is irrelevant. It makes no different when documents were issued.

The evidence of violation of election law will not be presented till the trial so we have to wait for that but I don't think that is going be the problem for the DA. I think it is going to be tuff proving that Trump sighed the documents with intent to cover up the election law violation.
Dude....you're not listening.
He charged him with a crime that has a statute of limitations that has expired over 4 years ago.
And then there's the issue that this isn't even a violation in the first place because he didn't use campaign funds. He used his own money.
When they get to the particulars on this indictment they'll rip it a new asshole.

Last edited:
The NY law is a misdemeanor and the statute of limitations expired 3 years ago. To get around that the DA had to tie this to Federal election laws and upgrade to a felony. But the whole premise of the case is that Trump defrauded voters. But those federal election laws don't even require Trump to file the statements at issue until months AFTER the election hence no opportunity to defraud anyone.

This case is DOA.
New York election law statue of limitations is irrelevant because Trump is not being charged with violation the New York election law. He is being charges with a state statue that covers falsifying business documents. That means that the DA is going have to show that Trump was violating NY election law at time and that violation is the basis for the business document falsification.

New York election law statue of limitations is irrelevant because Trump is not being charged with violation the New York election law. He is being charges with a state statue that covers falsifying business documents. That means that the DA is going have to show that Trump was violating NY election law at time and that violation is the basis for the business document falsification.
Did you get your law degree mail order? Intent to defraud is where this case does a belly flop. Tissue?

Wrong. It isn’t a violation of election law to execute an NDA. And paying for the NDA is legal and it hasn’t got a damn thing to do with the election law.

Forum List

Back