Reading Is A Revolutionary Act

Only to blithering morons such as the OP.

Only to blithering morons such as the OP.

Why do you think Mother Church (The HRE Vatican) kept people in the dark for so long?

History
It's amazing how much they speak about the history of the premises, the diversity and multicultural makeup of the 'team' as if those shrouds can mask the true history of the Church

Ah, the "true history" is only what YOU decide?
No, only one that the Church does not get to dictate

"The Pontifical Academy of Sciences has its roots in the Academy of the Lynxes (Accademia dei Lincei) which was founded in Rome in 1603 as the first exclusively scientific academy in the world. "

"The Pontifical Academy of Sciences is international in scope, multi-racial in composition, and non-sectarian in its choice of members. The work of the Academy comprises six major areas: Fundamental science; Science and technology of global problems; Science for the problems of the developing world; Scientific policy; Bioethics; Epistemology."

"Goals:
– Promoting the progress of the mathematical, physical and natural sciences, and the study of related epistemological questions and issues
– Recognising excellence in science
– Stimulating an interdisciplinary approach to scientific knowledge
– Encouraging international interaction
– Furthering participation in the benefits of science and technology by the greatest number of people and peoples
– Promoting education and the public’s understanding of science
– Ensuring that science works to advance of the human and moral dimension of man
– Achieving a role for science which involves the promotion of justice, development, solidarity, peace, and the resolution of conflict
– Fostering interaction between faith and reason and encouraging dialogue between science and spiritual, cultural, philosophical and religious values
– Providing authoritative advice on scientific and technological matters
– Cooperating with the members of other Academies in a friendly spirit to promote such objectives."

Reading is FUNdamental!

The world is an open book...

A couple days ago, I lugged 20 pounds of books in my backpack by bicycle uptown to Bob's bookstore on the square. He bought two of them, leaving me to truck the rest uphill and back home. He said "oh, you can chuck those into the dumpster out back". I said no way- when I was a kid, Captain Kangaroo taught me to respect books.

So I hauled ass back home sweating my balls off. And it was good.

Now, each evening after dinner, I strap on that backpack filled with 15 pounds of books and bicycle my way around town 3 sometimes 8 miles. Great cardio workout. :thup:

"Goals:
– Promoting the progress of the mathematical, physical and natural sciences, and the study of related epistemological questions and issues
– Recognising excellence in science
– Stimulating an interdisciplinary approach to scientific knowledge
– Encouraging international interaction
– Furthering participation in the benefits of science and technology by the greatest number of people and peoples
– Promoting education and the public’s understanding of science
– Ensuring that science works to advance of the human and moral dimension of man
– Achieving a role for science which involves the promotion of justice, development, solidarity, peace, and the resolution of conflict
– Fostering interaction between faith and reason and encouraging dialogue between science and spiritual, cultural, philosophical and religious values
– Providing authoritative advice on scientific and technological matters
– Cooperating with the members of other Academies in a friendly spirit to promote such objectives."

Lofty goals.

But fuck Mother Church. It's like praising the Moonies and Scientologists

"There’s no real conflict between science and religion. Religion is the recognition of the deeper dimensions that the science reveals to us. What is in conflict is the science of 2000 B.C., which is what you have in the Bible, and the science of the twentieth century A.D. You have to disengage the messages of the Bible from its science." -- Joseph Campbell

and the Church will never truly do that. They play Jesuit games

Forum List

Back